First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Jumpervint  (D 7444)

Jul 26, 2009, 2:50 PM
Post #1 of 41 (1737 views)
Shortcut
Summer's End Boogie - West Plains Skydiving - Labor Day Weekend Can't Post

Second Annual Summer’s End Boogie – Labor Day Weekend
West Plains Skydiving – The Ritz

Once again jumpers from the Kapowsin, Starr, Mollala, Snohomish, and Lost Prairie are invading "The Ritz." We Would Love for Jumpers From All Over to Come Join Us!

West Plains Skydiving Center: Ritzville Washington
http://www.westplainsskydiving.com/
September 3 to 7, 2009 – Labor Day Weekend
Jumps Starting Thursday Evening
Aircraft-Cessna Caravan 208/Cessna 182 $25 to 12,000’
Coaches Available for RW and FF Jumps
Possible helicopter jumps – still working on that piece.
Shooting range on dz after jumping.

Saturday Night-Traditional Bonfire/Potluck; Please Bring a Dish and Join the Fun!
BYOB --- but you know it wouldn’t be a boogie w/o jello shots
Camping and Showers Available at the DZ.
Hotel Accommodations Within 5 Miles of the DZ

Fee: $10 for beer and one night's dinner of pulled pork sandwiches

If you have any questions, please feel free to pm ladydyver@dz.com, our resident boogie organizer.Smile

(This post was edited by Jumpervint on Jul 26, 2009, 6:08 PM)

grannyinthesky  (D 30311)

Jul 26, 2009, 4:52 PM
Post #2 of 41 (1697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jumpervint] Summer's End Boogie - West Plains Skydiving - Labor Day Weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, this is going to be a tough choice. That would be the third time I would miss night jumps at Star this summer. What to do? What to do?????

Jumpervint  (D 7444)

Jul 26, 2009, 6:48 PM
Post #3 of 41 (1678 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grannyinthesky] Summer's End Boogie - West Plains Skydiving - Labor Day Weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

If you really want to do a night jump, we can arrange that. As far as I know, you'd be the first at Ritzville. Mmmmm.... beer....

Vint

Jul 26, 2009, 6:55 PM
Post #4 of 41 (1675 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jumpervint] Summer's End Boogie - West Plains Skydiving - Labor Day Weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I still have a hundred and thirty some jumps to go before I can get my D, so I guess night jumps could wait. Your landing area is sufficiently challenging for me in the daylight. Blush

ladydyver  (D 30784)

Aug 4, 2009, 8:54 AM
Post #5 of 41 (1603 views)
Shortcut

If people need hotel information please feel free to pm me and i will get it to you.Wink

thanks Vint for posting for me while we were at LP.

C'mon peeps come check out the Ritz - should be a great time once again!

ladydyver  (D 30784)

Aug 20, 2009, 2:11 PM
Post #6 of 41 (1527 views)
Shortcut

Looks like we will be doing nite jumps if there is any interest -SmileTongueTongue

Jumpervint  (D 7444)

Aug 20, 2009, 3:39 PM
Post #7 of 41 (1518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladydyver] Summer's End Boogie - West Plains Skydiving - Labor Day Weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Looks like we will be doing nite jumps if there is any interest -SmileTongueTongue

Hooray.. as i said in an earlier post..."As far as I know, you'd be the first at Ritzville. Mmmmm.... beer.... "

Sounds like scary shit to me....

Vint

ladydyver  (D 30784)

Aug 20, 2009, 4:38 PM
Post #8 of 41 (1513 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:

Hooray.. as i said in an earlier post..."As far as I know, you'd be the first at Ritzville. Mmmmm.... beer.... "

Vint

may be doing some lingerie jumps too...... i am wondering who would volunteer to fly camera for that ???? LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Bolas  (D License)

Aug 20, 2009, 6:30 PM
Post #9 of 41 (1510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladydyver] Summer's End Boogie - West Plains Skydiving - Labor Day Weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Vint

may be doing some lingerie jumps too...... i am wondering who wouldn't volunteer to fly camera for that ???? LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Smile

Aug 20, 2009, 7:52 PM
Post #10 of 41 (1504 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:

Vint

Well, I suppose night jumps in your landibng area isn't any scarier than tryibng to land ibside a barbed wire fence at ours!!! <gulp>

Jumpervint  (D 7444)

Aug 20, 2009, 8:16 PM
Post #11 of 41 (1499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grannyinthesky] Summer's End Boogie - West Plains Skydiving - Labor Day Weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

The blaze from the bonfire should be lighting up the whole dz. You shouldn't have any problem seeing the landing area. (I've already started collecting wood and hauling it out there.)

And if you really want barb wire fence, we do have some out by the road....Sly

Vint

Aug 20, 2009, 9:46 PM
Post #12 of 41 (1489 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
The blaze from the bonfire should be lighting up the whole dz. You shouldn't have any problem seeing the landing area. (I've already started collecting wood and hauling it out there.)

Vint
'

Bonfire??? Not unles it's got a couch or two to help it along. Now then things would really be lit up

DangerRoo  (A 53842)

Aug 20, 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #13 of 41 (1487 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:

Vint
'
Bonfire??? Not unles it's got a couch or two to help it along. Now then things would really be lit up

...... All we need is for someone to get a hold of Ruban!! he did a great job with the bonfire on memorial!! Wink

Jumpervint  (D 7444)

Aug 20, 2009, 11:11 PM
Post #14 of 41 (1481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DangerRoo] Summer's End Boogie - West Plains Skydiving - Labor Day Weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

Ruban was a bit too enthusiastic. He's been banned from adding fuel to the fire.

Aug 21, 2009, 7:30 AM
Post #15 of 41 (1476 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Ruban was a bit too enthusiastic. He's been banned from adding fuel to the fire.

But how am I gonna see to land at night without a BIG bonfire???

ladydyver  (D 30784)

Aug 23, 2009, 11:17 PM
Post #16 of 41 (1446 views)
Shortcut

Theme: Beach Blanket Bingo; swimwear and lei's

Hoop Jumps available
Nite jumps - friday only
Heli jumps --- pending, but if they happen it will be on sunday.
Dinner on saturday; Potluck sunday

instead of lingerie....we may be wearing out swim wear instead.....i know, i know...let the moaning and groaning begin....who wants to see those boys in bikini's anyway ??? CrazyCrazyCrazy

Bonfire will be dependant on if we are still in a burning ban --- spent some time with the local sheriff on friday this week because of our small fire to find out we are in a ban right now.

DangerRoo  (A 53842)

Aug 27, 2009, 9:39 PM
Post #17 of 41 (1413 views)
Shortcut

WAHOOO next weekend!!!!

Muah! should be seein ya there!!Wink

vskydiver  (D 12692)

Aug 27, 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #18 of 41 (1410 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

Once again jumpers from the Kapowsin, Starr, Mollala, Snohomish, and Lost Prairie are invading "The Ritz." We Would Love for Jumpers From All Over to Come Join Us!

Saturday Night-Traditional Bonfire/Potluck; Please Bring a Dish and Join the Fun!

If you have any questions, please feel free to pm ladydyver@dz.com, our resident boogie organizer.Smile

Making a very limited amount of REALLY COOL $5 boogie t-shirts for this. First come first served! Printing on the front and side. Cool I like this one! Wink

Can't wait to see everyone!!

ladydyver  (D 30784)

Aug 27, 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #19 of 41 (1408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vskydiver] Summer's End Boogie - West Plains Skydiving - Labor Day Weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Making a very limited amount of REALLY COOL $5 boogie t-shirts for this. First come first served! Printing on the front and side. Cool I like this one! Wink

count doc and i in for tshirts...i think we are going to have a smaller turn out....just means more time in the air with everyone....see you all next thursday!Wink

Aug 28, 2009, 9:52 PM
Post #20 of 41 (1383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vskydiver] Summer's End Boogie - West Plains Skydiving - Labor Day Weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Make mine an XL. See you soon. Smile

vskydiver  (D 12692)

Aug 28, 2009, 9:59 PM
Post #21 of 41 (1377 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

So does that mean you are going??Cool

Aug 28, 2009, 10:14 PM
Post #22 of 41 (1376 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:

So does that mean you are going??Cool

It sure does. It's a tough choice, but there's just too much fun and jumping to be had at the Ritz. Smile

Jumpervint  (D 7444)

Aug 31, 2009, 2:47 PM
Post #23 of 41 (1337 views)
Shortcut

Including the Friday night night jumps. We've got it planned and it seems there's enough interest to get a few loads off. Rex says he needs 12 to take the Caravan, or otherwise will make multiple 182 loads. The logistics have been worked out - just need jumpers.

See you Friday!

Vint

D22369  (D 22369)

Aug 31, 2009, 9:42 PM
Post #24 of 41 (1319 views)
Shortcut

hey Vint, will the night jumps be one stick or a couple passes? I have done one caravan night jump with one stick and am not gonna do another... too many people trying to kill me Crazy
although I have found the people at westplains to be more trustable than most that would be alot of peeps I cannot see.

if its the 182 sign me up Smile

Roy

Jumpervint  (D 7444)

Sep 1, 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #25 of 41 (1315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [D22369] Summer's End Boogie - West Plains Skydiving - Labor Day Weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

Rex said if they use the Caravan, then it'll be 12 peeps minimum, 3 passes with 4 out each pass with lots of separation. Sounds pretty safe to me. Full altitude?

Otherwise, the 182, from probably 7 or 8 grand.

I'll let Rex know you're interested.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)