Forums: Dropzone.com: Error and Bug Reports:
Any tips for optimising avatar/ profile picture quality?

MikeJD  (D 10605)

Jul 25, 2009, 7:28 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1289 views)
Shortcut
Any tips for optimising avatar/ profile picture quality? Quote | Reply

Hi,

I understand the size limits for uploading profile pictures, but is there an optimum size and/ or colour set that'll help the picture retain its quality when it's displayed?

I've recently uploaded a pic that's very simple, and looks nice and smooth on my Profile page and in the Profile Pictures browser - but horrible when displayed with my posts. I realise the format is smaller, yet I've seen other users' avatars that are similar but display well.

I've tried lots of different sizes, including much smaller than 1000 x 1000 px, and all of these look great when viewed externally - but not on the page. Is there some form of compression at work other than just resizing the image, and if so how should I optimise for it?

Thanks!

Bolas  (D License)

Jul 25, 2009, 4:37 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MikeJD] Any tips for optimising avatar/ profile picture quality? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

65x75 Smile

MikeJD  (D 10605)

Jul 26, 2009, 2:47 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bolas] Any tips for optimising avatar/ profile picture quality? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Bolas, thanks so much. Smile

I feel like an idiot now, cos of course the answer's right there in the source HTML. Blush

But anyway - that makes all the difference, cheers.

Bolas  (D License)

Jul 26, 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1245 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MikeJD] Any tips for optimising avatar/ profile picture quality? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

It used to be the required size for uploads.

Can also see the dimensions by right clicking avatar pics.

Forums : Dropzone.com : Error and Bug Reports

Search for (options)