Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Canopy Relative Work:
Id like to start a new CRW Database for CRW jumpers.

andyturner  (C License)

Jun 16, 2009, 2:22 PM
Post #1 of 10 (1406 views)
Shortcut
Id like to start a new CRW Database for CRW jumpers. Can't Post

Hi,

Id like to start a new CRW Database for CRW jumpers. This would let newbies find coaches and qualified CRW jumpers find each other to go jump with, arrange informal competitions & very small weather dependant boogies/parties, you know a bit like motor bike club meets.

IF YOU THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA THEN PLEASE JUST POST A RESPONSE TO THIS THREAD SAYING THAT YOU SUPPORT THE IDEA.

If there is enough support, Ill approach the moderators with a database specification and ask for their support. If you have any input re the db spec (e.g. Name, Local DZ, Canopy type, WingLoad etc.) then please post your idea here.

Thanks & Regards,
Andy

(This post was edited by andyturner on Jun 16, 2009, 2:57 PM)

cmdrflyr

Jun 16, 2009, 4:41 PM
Post #2 of 10 (1385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andyturner] Id like to start a new CRW Database for CRW jumpers. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's a great idea. Check out www.crwdogs.com. it's a work in progress, but there's a section after you log in that utilizes google maps to search for CRW jumpers and CRW friendly DZs.

Mav.

Premier faulknerwn  (D 17441)
Jun 16, 2009, 7:27 PM
Post #3 of 10 (1368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cmdrflyr] Id like to start a new CRW Database for CRW jumpers. [In reply to] Can't Post

That's awesome that you're making a website. Post it on the crwdogs google email list if you haven't already...

andyturner  (C License)

Jun 16, 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [faulknerwn] Id like to start a new CRW Database for CRW jumpers. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
That's awesome that you're making a website. Post it on the crwdogs google email list if you haven't already...

What is "the crwdogs google email list "?

Regards
Andy

Jun 17, 2009, 5:55 AM
Post #5 of 10 (1335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andyturner] Id like to start a new CRW Database for CRW jumpers. [In reply to] Can't Post

If you go to groups.google.com you can join an email list called crwdogs - its a discussion list many people use for CRW

StefB

Jun 17, 2009, 6:34 AM
Post #6 of 10 (1331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [faulknerwn] Id like to start a new CRW Database for CRW jumpers. [In reply to] Can't Post

http://groups.google.com/group/crwdogs

Are these email lists better than forums? I only see the difficulties for wannabies and newbies to get to the essential information and contact to the scene.

Jun 17, 2009, 8:46 AM
Post #7 of 10 (1317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [StefB] Id like to start a new CRW Database for CRW jumpers. [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably 75% of the email list don't read dropzone.com so its good to have both... The list has been around for longer than his website...

StefB

Jun 17, 2009, 9:48 AM
Post #8 of 10 (1306 views)
Shortcut

Thanks. That is a valid point.

I'm reading the list now and found already some good discussions e.g. about the Pro-Am CF proposal. The discussion here in the forum was unnaturally quiet.

selbbub78  (C 34824)

Jul 26, 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #9 of 10 (1153 views)
Shortcut

That's an excellent site idea!!! I'm impressed, you even have my timezone!!! DZ.COM doesn't even have that Smile Cool Laugh

This is a great idea!

CReW Skies,
bubbles

Chris_K  (C 3228)

Jul 27, 2009, 6:47 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1140 views)
Shortcut

I would support this, its a great idea

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Canopy Relative Work

Search for (options)