Forums: Dropzone.com: Error and Bug Reports:
Can't upload profile picture, but no error shown

MikeJD  (D 10605)

May 28, 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #1 of 10 (1366 views)
Shortcut
Can't upload profile picture, but no error shown Quote | Reply

I finally decided I'd like to have an avatar, but I'm not having any success uploading it.

The image I'm trying to use is a .jpg, and it's well within the size limits (both in terms of KB and dimensions).

I can browse for it successfully on my laptop, but when I hit the 'Add Profile Picture' button the page refreshes after a few seconds and nothing much seems to have happened - no picture, and no error message. And the 'Select Profile Pictures' box still says I haven't added anything. I've tried in both IE and Firefox without success.

Am I missing something? Thanks!

psmarais
Technical Support
Jun 2, 2009, 2:12 AM
Post #2 of 10 (1325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MikeJD] Can't upload profile picture, but no error shown [In reply to] Quote | Reply

It seems to be like that for everyone. I'll take a look and see if I can find out what went wrong.

psmarais
Technical Support
Jun 2, 2009, 5:21 AM
Post #3 of 10 (1316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [psmarais] Can't upload profile picture, but no error shown [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Ok, it should be working now.

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jun 6, 2009, 7:53 AM
Post #4 of 10 (1288 views)
Shortcut
Re: [psmarais] Can't upload profile picture, but no error shown [In reply to] Quote | Reply

When I hit the "upload attachment" button on a forum post, the file name erases and goes back to the blinking cursor.

psmarais
Technical Support
Jun 8, 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #5 of 10 (1275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] Can't upload profile picture, but no error shown [In reply to] Quote | Reply

It seems to work from this side... Could you give me more information? Which browser are you using? At what time did it happen?
Attachments: 784-tn_uspa.jpg (2.84 KB)

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jun 8, 2009, 4:17 AM
Post #6 of 10 (1269 views)
Shortcut

It was shortly before I made that post on Saturday morning. I have IE8 and I was able to upload the pic on Sunday. I thought you had fixed it. Weird!

psmarais
Technical Support
Jun 9, 2009, 7:08 AM
Post #7 of 10 (1253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] Can't upload profile picture, but no error shown [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Yip, that is weird. A lot of weird bugs is popping up lately. Thanks for letting me know, I'll make a note of that one, just in case.

(This post was edited by psmarais on Jun 9, 2009, 7:10 AM)

Premier rwieder  (C 32349)

Jun 10, 2009, 12:53 AM
Post #8 of 10 (1229 views)
Shortcut

I played with it with every program i have, i can't get to work either. The type of file on dz..com is a .png file. Maybe .png files and .jpeg files don'ywork well and play well with others?

psmarais
Technical Support
Jun 10, 2009, 3:14 AM
Post #9 of 10 (1223 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rwieder] Can't upload profile picture, but no error shown [In reply to] Quote | Reply

The preferred format for profile pictures are .jpg .
It should be no wider than 1000 pixels and no higher that 1000 pixels. The size limit is 500kb.

(This post was edited by psmarais on Jun 10, 2009, 3:16 AM)

nerdgirl  (D License)

Jun 17, 2009, 4:33 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1188 views)
Shortcut

I was unable to upload avatar pics via IE7 this morning, including jpgs I had previously used as avatars and uploaded using IE7, but had no problem doing it via Safari.

/Marg

Forums : Dropzone.com : Error and Bug Reports

Search for (options)