Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
Please allow me to introduce myself...(sorry Mick)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

airtwardo  (D License)

Jan 17, 2003, 11:24 AM
Post #1 of 32 (3010 views)
Shortcut
Please allow me to introduce myself...(sorry Mick) Can't Post

Okay...been lurkin' for a while and made a couple minor posts...guess it's time to bite the bullet.
Hello everyone!
"Twardo" here...some background is in order-
I started jumping at age 18 in 1976 with a small club in Annawan Ill. where I made lots of style & accuracy jumps, and trained a lot of 1st timers. Went to Southern Illinois Univ. which was the only school in Illinois at that time with an active parachute team.
Paid for a big portion of my degree recruiting and training students in the fine art of the static line, at Archway S.P.C. then in Sparta, Ill.
Moving to warmer climes...I put my "I" to good use at San Diego A.S.C., and small DZ in Ramona, Ca. as well as Elsinore...getting my tandem rating from Bill Morissey in 1985, I kept bust taking the large economy sized students that no one else would. (I'm 6'4" & 240lbs.)
I helped start The Liberty Parachute Team back in 1984, a professional exhibition team that is known through out the airshow industry for large flags, lots of smoke and night pyro. We've been the opening act at EAA's AirRendevous in Oshkosh, WI. for the past 20 years, considered to be one of the largest airshows in the world.
Skydiving in general and Airshows in particular have afforded me some of the greatest experiences imagined. I've met amazing people, made life long friends, gotten to jump from all sorts of exotic ships. My log books are a treasure of signatures featuring greats from both the world of skydiving and aviation. Can you tell I love this sport!? I'm currently living in Texas with my honey, a 777 driver for a major airline and an accomplished air-racer & aerobatic pilot, our 3 rug-rats that are without question the bravest people I've had the honor to know...adopted from Russia three years ago they've made our already full lives complete, and four dogs...3 over 120lbs.!
Okay Okay...I know, enough already...
With a "hats off" and a hearty thank you to sangiro for putting this thing together and making it work. It is truly a resource that can only serve to advance our sport in a MOST positive manner.
Blue Skies
Jim

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jan 17, 2003, 11:43 AM
Post #2 of 32 (2974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [airtwardo] Please allow me to introduce myself...(sorry Mick) [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile
Gosh, you have all that experience, but you'll still be considered a newbie around here for a few more posts. Heehee! Tongue

(This post was edited by skymama on Jan 17, 2003, 11:45 AM)

ladyskydiver

Jan 17, 2003, 1:40 PM
Post #3 of 32 (2951 views)
Shortcut
Re: [airtwardo] Please allow me to introduce myself...(sorry Mick) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi and welcome.

Premier sangiro
Head Honcho
Jan 17, 2003, 4:39 PM
Post #4 of 32 (2930 views)
Shortcut

Jim,

Welcome to Dropzone.com. Good to see you on here. Smile

jtval  (D 26340)

Jan 17, 2003, 5:41 PM
Post #5 of 32 (2919 views)
Shortcut

I am a man of wealth and taste!

PLEASEd to meet you! hope you guessed my name!TongueWink

iowa  (D 16855)

Jan 18, 2003, 7:51 AM
Post #6 of 32 (2897 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the zoo. I love those night pyro jumps, nice picture. I'm going send you a PM.

TheBile

Jan 20, 2003, 5:23 AM
Post #7 of 32 (2856 views)
Shortcut

Remember : It's dangerous to light a fart under canopy. Pirate

Welcome to the forums. Cool

airtwardo  (D License)

Jan 21, 2003, 11:56 AM
Post #8 of 32 (2829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] Please allow me to introduce myself...(sorry Mick) [In reply to] Can't Post

Gosh, you have all that experience, but you'll still be considered a newbie around here for a few more posts. Heehee!
----------------------------------------------------------
I'M NOT A NEWBIE ANYMORE!!!!

(This post was edited by airtwardo on Jan 21, 2003, 11:56 AM)

bbarnhouse  (D License)
Pixie
Jan 21, 2003, 12:14 PM
Post #9 of 32 (2822 views)
Shortcut

Welcome Jim! And if the hokey pokey is what its all about....I'll put my right arm in and shake it all about!!!
Bwahhh
Cheers!
B~Squared

airtwardo  (D License)

Jan 21, 2003, 12:19 PM
Post #10 of 32 (2819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbarnhouse] Please allow me to introduce myself...(sorry Mick) [In reply to] Can't Post

...I'll put my right arm in and shake it all about!!!
Bwahhh
Cheers!
B~Squared----------------------------------------------------------

Is this gonna hurt??!!

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jan 21, 2003, 12:21 PM
Post #11 of 32 (2818 views)
Shortcut

Quote:
I'M NOT A NEWBIE ANYMORE!!!!

Yeah, but it took you 20 days, you slacker! Wink

bbarnhouse  (D License)
Pixie
Jan 21, 2003, 12:27 PM
Post #12 of 32 (2814 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Is this gonna hurt

bwahhhh only iffin ya want it toWink
LOL

airtwardo  (D License)

Jan 21, 2003, 12:33 PM
Post #13 of 32 (2812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbarnhouse] Please allow me to introduce myself...(sorry Mick) [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Is this gonna hurt

bwahhhh only iffin ya want it toWink
LOL

Don't threaten me with a good time....I was only asking so I'd know how to dress!!!

bbarnhouse  (D License)
Pixie
Jan 21, 2003, 2:37 PM
Post #14 of 32 (2794 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Don't threaten me with a good time....I was only asking so I'd know how to dress!!!
Rofl To wear or not to wear that IS the question.
Again welcome!!

airtwardo  (D License)

Mar 12, 2004, 12:00 PM
Post #15 of 32 (2617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] Please allow me to introduce myself...(sorry Mick) [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Welcome to the forums! Smile
Gosh, you have all that experience, but you'll still be considered a newbie around here for a few more posts. Heehee! Tongue

Quote:
POOH~BAH!!!!
Tongue

Sorry Andrea...couldn't help myself! Crazy

txw0082  (C 27436)

Mar 12, 2004, 6:05 PM
Post #16 of 32 (2595 views)
Shortcut

"I see a red door and I want to paint it black!" or maybe it should be "I see a lexan door and I know I can't come back!"
---------------------------------------------------------
Hope our paths cross and I can hear the stories!

flyinblind

Mar 13, 2004, 5:51 PM
Post #17 of 32 (2575 views)
Shortcut

Well I'm a newbie to both forums and skydiving, but I say welcome all the same!!

cheers,

timmah

airtwardo  (D License)

Mar 16, 2004, 6:02 PM
Post #18 of 32 (2539 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyinblind] Please allow me to introduce myself...(sorry Mick) [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Well I'm a newbie to both forums and skydiving, but I say welcome all the same!!

cheers,

timmah

Quote:
Thanks!

And welcome to "The New World"

Be safe~Have fun!Cool

carmenmullenix  (D 13739)

Mar 16, 2004, 6:35 PM
Post #19 of 32 (2537 views)
Shortcut

Twardo - My goodness, there's a name I haven't heard in a while! You're a DAD? Hoo-eee! Times have'a changed, eh? I'm a wife and stepmom to three myself. Still jumping hard, teaching AFF at Elsinore on the weekends, and keeping my skydiving friends straightened out here in the Forums (ha!).
In reply to:
Are you still jumping? Is Liberty still in action? It's good to hear from you! Welcome to the Forums!!

airtwardo  (D License)

Mar 16, 2004, 7:05 PM
Post #20 of 32 (2526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carmenmullenix] Please allow me to introduce myself...(sorry Mick) [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Twardo - My goodness, there's a name I haven't heard in a while! You're a DAD? Hoo-eee! Times have'a changed, eh? I'm a wife and stepmom to three myself. Still jumping hard, teaching AFF at Elsinore on the weekends, and keeping my skydiving friends straightened out here in the Forums (ha!).
In reply to:
Are you still jumping? Is Liberty still in action? It's good to hear from you! Welcome to the Forums!!

Quote:

DAMN GIRL!!!

How the hell have you been?!?!?!

Long Time!

Believe it or not, I was asking someone just TODAY
if he remembered you from 'those days'...

SMALL world!

Yep!

Still doing demos...
with Liberty as well as a couple other
PRO teams to remain 'nameless' LOL!

Thanks for the 'welcome' there...Newbie!

Take Care Old Friend!!!

Stay in Touch!!!!

ChileRelleno  (D 24868)

Mar 19, 2004, 11:13 AM
Post #21 of 32 (2489 views)
Shortcut

"HI!"
We're always asking folks to introduce themselves more in depth.
You win the self intro award!Wink

airtwardo  (D License)

Mar 19, 2004, 12:07 PM
Post #22 of 32 (2487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ChileRelleno] Please allow me to introduce myself...(sorry Mick) [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
You win the self intro award!

Quote:
I know...Blush

I do tend to ramble on sometimes...Tongue

Check my "User Posts" for
even more dribble!Laugh

airtwardo  (D License)

Jan 18, 2009, 7:26 PM
Post #23 of 32 (2269 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Okay...been lurkin' for a while and made a couple minor posts...guess it's time to bite the bullet.
Hello everyone!
"Twardo" here...some background is in order-
I started jumping at age 18 in 1976 with a small club in Annawan Ill. where I made lots of style & accuracy jumps, and trained a lot of 1st timers. Went to Southern Illinois Univ. which was the only school in Illinois at that time with an active parachute team.
Paid for a big portion of my degree recruiting and training students in the fine art of the static line, at Archway S.P.C. then in Sparta, Ill.
Moving to warmer climes...I put my "I" to good use at San Diego A.S.C., and small DZ in Ramona, Ca. as well as Elsinore...getting my tandem rating from Bill Morissey in 1985, I kept bust taking the large economy sized students that no one else would. (I'm 6'4" & 240lbs.)
I helped start The Liberty Parachute Team back in 1984, a professional exhibition team that is known through out the airshow industry for large flags, lots of smoke and night pyro. We've been the opening act at EAA's AirRendevous in Oshkosh, WI. for the past 20 years, considered to be one of the largest airshows in the world.
Skydiving in general and Airshows in particular have afforded me some of the greatest experiences imagined. I've met amazing people, made life long friends, gotten to jump from all sorts of exotic ships. My log books are a treasure of signatures featuring greats from both the world of skydiving and aviation. Can you tell I love this sport!? I'm currently living in Texas with my honey, a 777 driver for a major airline and an accomplished air-racer & aerobatic pilot, our 3 rug-rats that are without question the bravest people I've had the honor to know...adopted from Russia three years ago they've made our already full lives complete, and four dogs...3 over 120lbs.!
Okay Okay...I know, enough already...
With a "hats off" and a hearty thank you to sangiro for putting this thing together and making it work. It is truly a resource that can only serve to advance our sport in a MOST positive manner.
Blue Skies
Jim

w0w...6 years ALREADY since I posted that?! Shocked

Time is fun when yer having flies... Sly

(This post was edited by airtwardo on Jan 18, 2009, 7:26 PM)

ryoder  (D 6663)

Jan 18, 2009, 8:06 PM
Post #24 of 32 (2255 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
... for large flags, lots of smoke and night pyro.

Yes, we've heard about your off-hours shenanigan's, but what do you do when you are jumping?Tongue

airtwardo  (D License)

Jan 18, 2009, 8:44 PM
Post #25 of 32 (2252 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ryoder] Please allow me to introduce myself...(sorry Mick) [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
... for large flags, lots of smoke and night pyro.

Yes, we've heard about your off-hours shenanigan's, but what do you do when you are jumping?Tongue

Ouch! PirateSly

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)