Forums: Dropzone.com: Suggestions and Feedback:
Dropzone landing area info suggestion

micduran  (C 35982)

Mar 17, 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1199 views)
Shortcut
Dropzone landing area info suggestion Quote | Reply

A big shift in landing rules has taken place over the past few years.
Currently, there is a spot on the dropzone info page to indicate if hook turns are allowed or not.
I would prefer to see if the dropzone has a separate landing area for high performance landings.
For a lot of people, myself included, this would have a lot of bearing on my decision to visit the place.

danielcroft  (D 31103)

Mar 17, 2009, 4:02 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [micduran] Dropzone landing area info suggestion [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Isn't it a USPA group member requirement?

Baksteen  (C 708753)

Mar 18, 2009, 8:15 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1123 views)
Shortcut
Re: [danielcroft] Dropzone landing area info suggestion [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Not every DZ is a USPA group member. Smile
Doesn't mean they should automatic'ly be avoided..

danielcroft  (D 31103)

Mar 18, 2009, 5:01 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Baksteen] Dropzone landing area info suggestion [In reply to] Quote | Reply

That's fair but not what I meant. Just that the information is defined for group members & therefore is in a known format.

Premier NWFlyer  (D 29960)

Mar 18, 2009, 5:31 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1102 views)
Shortcut
Re: [danielcroft] Dropzone landing area info suggestion [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In reply to:
That's fair but not what I meant. Just that the information is defined for group members & therefore is in a known format.

Actually, it's not... and just because it's in the Group Member pledge doesn't mean each DZ is doing it (or doing it equally well). Also, the DZs can implement it in a number of different ways, some of which may be more or less comfortable for the person making a decision.

I like Michelle's suggestion - but I'm not sure how much value it would provide since I assume most if not all DZs will claim that they separate landing areas... but anyone who's been to more than a few DZs knows that some have a culture that enforces it and some ... don't (or enforce it for some and not others).

danielcroft  (D 31103)

Mar 19, 2009, 7:31 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] Dropzone landing area info suggestion [In reply to] Quote | Reply

*sigh*

Again, not what I meant so I guess that means I don't type gud inglish so ill stopp nao.

Forums : Dropzone.com : Suggestions and Feedback

Search for (options)