Melissa Nelson 42
Brian Fairhurst 34
Southeast Tom Noonan 58
Kyle Starck 54
Southern Victor Johnson 50
Southwest Lee Schlichtemeier 118
Western Scott Smith 345

Hey JP, I totally kicked your ass dude!

Let's have a losers club get together, I will buy the first round!

See you in Reno!

Premier NWFlyer  (D License)

Jan 9, 2009, 8:54 PM
Post #2 of 43 (4618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SStewart] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tom Noonan owes me a beer. I know at least four of the votes I collected at ZHills and FedExed in at the last minute were from Southeast Regional members who wrote him in for RD. Laugh

4chewnate

Jan 9, 2009, 9:21 PM
Post #3 of 43 (4600 views)
Shortcut

So the South East could only muster up 112 votes.

I'd be ashamed if I were from that region.

Apathy.........

BikerBabe  (D 18644)

Jan 9, 2009, 9:29 PM
Post #4 of 43 (4590 views)
Shortcut

so much for change =/

SStewart  (D 10405)

Jan 9, 2009, 9:32 PM
Post #5 of 43 (4587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Tom Noonan owes me a beer. I know at least four of the votes I collected at ZHills and FedExed in at the last minute were from Southeast Regional members who wrote him in for RD. Laugh

By that standard you owe me at least a hundred beers!

Snowball

Jan 9, 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #6 of 43 (4565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BikerBabe] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
so much for change =/
Was there any change?

skyjumpsteve  (D 14734)

Jan 9, 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #7 of 43 (4564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [4chewnate] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

I could not find it on uspa.org but is there a breakdown somewhere about members by region? I know the SE region only had 2 write-in candidates and no names on the ballot but 112 does seem shockingly low. Isn't the SE a pretty big region?

diablopilot  (D License)

Jan 9, 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #8 of 43 (4552 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

denete  (B 33880)

Jan 9, 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #9 of 43 (4551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjumpsteve] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I could not find it on uspa.org but is there a breakdown somewhere about members by region? I know the SE region only had 2 write-in candidates and no names on the ballot but 112 does seem shockingly low. Isn't the SE a pretty big region?

Please put it in perspective.

Of over 30,000 USPA members, there were only 3,503 votes cast.

You are talking about a region that had nobody on the ballot. Having 112 people put down a name is pretty good. Not all USPA members are active skydivers. Not all USPA members live on dropzone.com. Not all USPA members vote.

Sending in a ballot with nobody marked for the write-in means that you didn't vote for your regional director...even if you voted for the national slots. In the SouthEast, we probably had much more than 112 ballots submitted, just without write-in votes for the regional director.

Next election...electronic voting? Required voting when renewing your membership?

DualHawk  (D 24313)

Jan 9, 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #10 of 43 (4547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Krisanne, I greatly appreciate the piggybacking on your ND ballot collection. Smile

I have so many other people to thank as well (57 others to be exact....lol).

Among them, Rob Laidlaw, Chuck Blue, Kip Lohmiller and Ted Danger all offered their support and encouragement when I told them that I decided to run as a write in.

And without question, I owe a HUGE THANK YOU to TK Hayes at Skydive City. He went out of his way to help me get the word out and it is very very very much appreciated. I owe you one TK. Your the best.

The comical part in all this is, I legitimately think the last vote I got was from my wife....lol.
December 29th:
Me: "Mary, have you sent in your ballot yet? It's due in like 48 hours you know. Of all the ballots out there, if yours doesn't get submitted, that won't look too good you know."
Mary: "Don't worry, I work at the airport, I have plenty of time to get it to Fedex, their planes are right next door."

In all seriousness, subtracting myself and my wife, if your one of the 56 others that took the time and effort to write me in as the Southeastern Regional Director, I sincerely thank you. I look forward to the opportunity to serve the region on the board and am excited to be able to do so. Monday my wife and I will be coordinating our schedules and plan to make a drive up to Georgia before the USPA meeting to meet as many people as we can. Same goes for Florida. We know we can't make it to every dropzone in the region, but we will make an effort to get to as many as we can. If I don't make it to your dropzone before the meeting, trust you will see me this Spring/Summer 2009.

Lastly, I would like to offer a very special "Thank You" to Marylou Laughlin, my former Northeast Regional Director. She was the one that approached me about the idea of running. Thanks Marylou!

Again, thank you all.

Blue skies to all and to all a good flight,

Tom

(This post was edited by DualHawk on Jan 9, 2009, 11:03 PM)

SStewart  (D 10405)

Jan 9, 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #11 of 43 (4541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Snowball] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
so much for change =/
Was there any change?

Not much, we have one new National Director. Jan Meyer is out and Kirk Verner is in.

Regional directors: Randy Schroeder gets my slot, not my first choice but I wish him well and I will show him the secret handshake in Reno.

Bill Wenger returns to the board and I hope I helped with that effort. Don't forget Utah Bill!

Tom Noonan! Way to go dude you totally rock!

The Northwest will still have no representation. Stop calling me guys, I can't help you!

Congrats to all, now please pull your head out!

Snowball

Jan 9, 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #12 of 43 (4531 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
so much for change =/
Was there any change?

Not much, we have one new National Director. Jan Meyer is out and Kirk Verner is in.

Regional directors: Randy Schroeder gets my slot, not my first choice but I wish him well and I will show him the secret handshake in Reno.

Bill Wenger returns to the board and I hope I helped with that effort. Don't forget Utah Bill!

Tom Noonan! Way to go dude you totally rock!

The Northwest will still have no representation. Stop calling me guys, I can't help you!

Congrats to all, now please pull your head out!
I thought there was some whooptie whoop big ass controversy about this election? Only 4 slots changed? out of how many? how do you spell pfffftttt? I don't get the 'no representation' thing for the NW region. I thought they had a regional guy. I think you are getting bent like the IL folks over one fucking senater seat. It's no big deal.

JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

Jan 10, 2009, 12:03 AM
Post #13 of 43 (4520 views)
Shortcut

Pathetic,

JerryBaumchen

Skymonkey2  (D 20527)

Jan 10, 2009, 3:50 AM
Post #14 of 43 (4503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Snowball] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is sad to see that after all the talk on this site and at all the dz's, that there was really no change. I wonder why. As I travel around this winter, I saw a lot of people voting for change. All the Red Bull guys were out rounding up votes, Dave Brown was very active. Something does not make sense.

NeedToJump  (D 27247)

Jan 10, 2009, 5:24 AM
Post #15 of 43 (4480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Skymonkey2] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree. Based on what I saw those numbers don't seem to be right. I also know of another Southeast write in candidate whose name isn't on the above list. I'm happy for Tom and think he will be good, but I agree with Kip - something does not make sense.

pms07  (D 7571)

Jan 10, 2009, 6:29 AM
Post #16 of 43 (4440 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NeedToJump] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

"Talk of change" and actually voting are not the same thing. Wink

Lots a chatter on the internet probably does not give an accurate indication of how the BoD election will go. I bet the # of votes cast is about what's typical for USPA, maybe 10% or something like that?

GLIDEANGLE  (D 30292)

Jan 10, 2009, 8:10 AM
Post #17 of 43 (4387 views)
Shortcut

I don't have time to verify the numbers right now, but it appears that some of the regional director races were decided by far fewer total votes than the number of signatures a NON-incumbent would need to get on the ballot.

In other words, it looks like it is MUCH harder to get nominated than re-elected... any surprise that there is little change?

ozzy13  (D 29344)

Jan 10, 2009, 8:25 AM
Post #18 of 43 (4378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denete] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Next election...electronic voting? Required voting when renewing your membership?

Would be nice but my membership ends in September and you dont even know who is on the ballot at that time.

ozzy13  (D 29344)

Jan 10, 2009, 8:36 AM
Post #19 of 43 (4365 views)
Shortcut

Just curious how many of the change candidates won?

I am shocked at the Regional level. The votes seem very low in all regions .

denete  (B 33880)

Jan 10, 2009, 8:59 AM
Post #20 of 43 (4344 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I agree. Based on what I saw those numbers don't seem to be right. I also know of another Southeast write in candidate whose name isn't on the above list. I'm happy for Tom and think he will be good, but I agree with Kip - something does not make sense.

I wonder how many voters put an "X" in the box versus a check-mark?

If you read the instructions, only one of those would be counted.

Tricky.

Scrumpot  (D License)

Jan 10, 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #21 of 43 (4295 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denete] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

Huh? ...WTF are you saying??

I scanned my ballot and still have it saved/handy. NOWHERE upon it, does it say that your selection (vote) mark HAS TO BE A "CHECK"!

Please point out if you would, where you find these instructions?

Then - someone from USPA wanna clarify? Is what this poster is saying, actually so?

kallend  (D 23151)

Jan 10, 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #22 of 43 (4290 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JerryBaumchen] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Pathetic,

JerryBaumchen

IndeedFrown

Premier PhreeZone  (D License)
Jan 10, 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #23 of 43 (4265 views)
Shortcut

I seem to remember in years past the USPA was filtering out the results for write in candidates if they did not have a certain level of votes to keep the results from appearing as 1 vote for Mickey Mouse, 1 vote for Minnie Mouse, 1 vote for FU, etc.

Bolas  (D License)

Jan 10, 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #24 of 43 (4231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DualHawk] The results are in! [In reply to] Can't Post

If you're traveling through Georgia next weekend, stop by the RoamingDZ boogie in Fitzgerald. Smile

Kimsdu  (D 24694)

Jan 10, 2009, 1:18 PM
Post #25 of 43 (4215 views)
Shortcut

Quote:

In reply to:
Word,

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Archive : 2008-2009 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)