Forums: Dropzone.com: Suggestions and Feedback:
Mobile web enchancements

Premier PhreeZone  (D License)
Dec 29, 2008, 12:56 PM
Post #1 of 5 (920 views)
Shortcut
Mobile web enchancements Quote | Reply

Could there be features or changes made to the site to make it more friendly for mobile web browsers? Accessing the home page or even the forums on my Blackberry results in scrolling through 5-6 pages of the menus to get to the main story or forum post I am trying to pull up. Something like a "light" version of the site that is optimized for mobile platforms would rock.

j_ung

Dec 29, 2008, 2:10 PM
Post #2 of 5 (910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PhreeZone] Mobile web enchancements [In reply to] Quote | Reply

YES!

Although not terribly soon. We may (MAY) be able to launch something like this by the end of the year, though. It's actually already on my big ideas list.

howardwhite  (C 3896)

Dec 29, 2008, 3:30 PM
Post #3 of 5 (902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [j_ung] Mobile web enchancements [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In reply to:
... by the end of the year, though.
Meaning in the next 3-4 days?

HW

Premier PhreeZone  (D License)
Dec 29, 2008, 4:27 PM
Post #4 of 5 (901 views)
Shortcut
Re: [howardwhite] Mobile web enchancements [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Jay is good.. .but not that good! Laugh I'll be happy to see it done sometime in 2009 Smile

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Jan 14, 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #5 of 5 (851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PhreeZone] Mobile web enchancements [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In reply to:
I'll be happy to see it done sometime in 2009 Smile

That would be great for me as well. Surfing DZ.com on my blackberry is a pain in the ass. I'd love to see a lite version of the DZ.com forums for the pager.

Maybe have the ability to customize the website for blackberries to only show what you want to see, so scrolling or jumping from page to page is cut to a minimum.

I have also noticed that when I view a page, then jump to another page, and after a while go back to the original page and realize that the pager loaded the cached page minus the new posts added since, and I have to use refresh to get the latest posts to show. I'm pretty sure this is a blackberry problem easily solved by changing some settings, but damned if I know how to do it.

Forums : Dropzone.com : Suggestions and Feedback

Search for (options)