Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Wing Suit Flying:
3 way formation, 2 wingsuits one parachute

unclecharlie95  (C 100027)

Dec 12, 2008, 2:46 AM
Post #1 of 12 (1333 views)
Shortcut
3 way formation, 2 wingsuits one parachute Can't Post

Check out photos of Jeb and Tim flying their Stealths in formation with Luigi under canopy here:

http://www.phoenix-fly.com/gallery.htm

Nice flying boys!!

And great photos from Craig O'Brien and Jeff Nebelkopf too!

mccordia  (D 94775)

Dec 12, 2008, 2:57 AM
Post #2 of 12 (1312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [unclecharlie95] 3 way formation, 2 wingsuits one parachute [In reply to] Can't Post

Awesome stuff..

Zeemax

Dec 12, 2008, 4:35 AM
Post #3 of 12 (1266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [unclecharlie95] 3 way formation, 2 wingsuits one parachute [In reply to] Can't Post

That looks awesome Cool

pierre3636  (B 2466)

Dec 12, 2008, 5:03 AM
Post #4 of 12 (1246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zeemax] 3 way formation, 2 wingsuits one parachute [In reply to] Can't Post

lui is the man!

Premier cpoxon  (D 11665)
Dec 12, 2008, 6:00 AM
Post #5 of 12 (1211 views)
Shortcut

There is a nice article in the BPA mag this month, talking about Craig exiting higher/later, flying down to the guys and transitioning head down in front of them to get the shots! ShockedCool

unclecharlie95  (C 100027)

Dec 12, 2008, 6:05 AM
Post #6 of 12 (1207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cpoxon] 3 way formation, 2 wingsuits one parachute [In reply to] Can't Post

head down - head down, or with a wingsuit on!? Crazy

mccordia  (D 94775)

Dec 12, 2008, 6:26 AM
Post #7 of 12 (1187 views)
Shortcut

Probably just doing a sort of carve/dive in front (in his wingsuit)

Although shooting these pictures as a freeflyer (getting 1 shot in per jumpTongue) would make definetely it a lot cooler than it already is..

Butters  (C 37840)

Dec 12, 2008, 7:22 AM
Post #8 of 12 (1159 views)
Shortcut

I love the new hybrids ... bringing together swoopers and wingsuiters (swoopers of the clouds and cliffs). Smile

Premier SkymonkeyONE  (D 12501)

Dec 12, 2008, 8:56 AM
Post #9 of 12 (1106 views)
Shortcut

The only thing that irks me about those jumps is the fact that Jim Slaton let out a "press release" on facebook and several other media venues saying that those suits were "specially purpose-built and not-yet available to the public". Total bullshit and that kind of stuff ought to piss you and, particularly, Robi off. Also, aren't they technically four-way formations with three wingsuits and one parachute? What was O.B. Jumping? His camera suit or a wingsuit?

Chuck

robibird  (D 404)

Dec 12, 2008, 9:10 AM
Post #10 of 12 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SkymonkeyONE] 3 way formation, 2 wingsuits one parachute [In reply to] Can't Post

facebook sux anyway Wink

according to what Jeb told me O.B. was jumping smaller suit and had difficulties to keep up, so he ends up doing one jump for one shoot, flying over them and than head down in front to get the shoot.....
lovely picture
thank you guys and congratulationSmileSmile

(This post was edited by robibird on Dec 12, 2008, 9:11 AM)

Premier SkymonkeyONE  (D 12501)

Dec 12, 2008, 9:17 AM
Post #11 of 12 (1081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robibird] 3 way formation, 2 wingsuits one parachute [In reply to] Can't Post

OB deserves a gold medal for his camera flying then. Seriously. He definitly had the hardest job on those jumps. Perhaps you should hook him up with one of those "unavailable to the public yet" Stealths so he can take even better pics?Tongue

Chuck

The111  (D 29246)

Dec 12, 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #12 of 12 (1041 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:
head down - head down, or with a wingsuit on!? Crazy

Probably just doing a sort of carve/dive in front (in his wingsuit)

What I like to call "the sacrifice." You start off above and ahead looking backward at 45 degrees or so (James I know you do shots like this a lot). You can move further forward and further downward, but eventually you reach a limit to how steep you can fly and maintain fallrate/stability. So you go into a vertical dive, and take a couple shots as you pass directly in front, sacrificing your altitude for a unique shot. The same move Omar and I used to do in his "gravitrons."

It's funny, when I saw Craig's shot I knew that had to be what he was doing. There are two other options, either backflying or flying the "pre-sacrifice" position as close as possible to the edge, but the problem in either case is that you will get the frontside of your legwing in frame. The fact that Craig got the entire picture and vertical field of view (from Luigi's toes to the topskin of his canopy) made it clear he had to be in a vertical orientation to get his legwing out of the way.

Also, head-down in a wingsuit? Wink The afore-mentioned gravitron.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Wing Suit Flying

Search for (options)