Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Freeflying:
Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Vectracide  (D License)

Dec 1, 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #1 of 27 (5569 views)
Shortcut
Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. Can't Post

Hey. Lookin to get a fullface for the seasons up and coming HD bigways that might get a little combative....100 way you say? So, between the Z-1 and the Oxygen, which has better a better seal and performance at 170 mph? Nevermind fit, just looking for the better due to application.

Thanks.
Brad

(This post was edited by Vectracide on Dec 1, 2008, 4:28 PM)

boomslang  (C 38166)

Dec 1, 2008, 6:54 PM
Post #2 of 27 (5458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vectracide] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

I use a Z-1 and have gone 200+ mph with it. no problems here. don't forget to close it before exit though Wink

(This post was edited by boomslang on Dec 1, 2008, 6:55 PM)

packing_jarrett  (D License)

Dec 1, 2008, 8:14 PM
Post #3 of 27 (5445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vectracide] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

I know you didn't mention it but I have 1000 jumps on with a factory diver and I like it because its simple, the shield doesn't blow up, and its not as big and bulky as some with the flip up lens.

IMO the flip ups are little overated. You can have a factory diver on top of your head like a hat. Pull it down and your ready to go.

freeflydave  (D 20894)

Dec 1, 2008, 8:50 PM
Post #4 of 27 (5437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [packing_jarrett] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Jarrett, got to be honest with ya bra... I smell what yo steppin in and like yo style. Been on tha Factory Diver schedule for years now and will never deal with another lid. Well, except fo my bran new NV only cause Thomas Hughes rocks it soooo well.

To quote a genius... "IMO the flip ups are little overated. You can have a factory diver on top of your head like a hat. Pull it down and your ready to go. "

Squeak  (E 1313)

Dec 2, 2008, 1:20 AM
Post #5 of 27 (5403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [freeflydave] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Jarrett, got to be honest with ya bra... I smell what yo steppin in and like yo style. Been on tha Factory Diver schedule for years now and will never deal with another lid. Well, except fo my bran new NV only cause Thomas Hughes rocks it soooo well.

To quote a genius... "IMO the flip ups are little overated. You can have a factory diver on top of your head like a hat. Pull it down and your ready to go. "
Not over rated for those who wear specs

NeedToJump  (D 27247)

Dec 2, 2008, 9:34 AM
Post #6 of 27 (5316 views)
Shortcut

I switched from the Z1 to the Factory Diver about a year ago and love it. If you're flying head up with a Z1 that is the tiniest bit loose and it gets hit in the side, it can come right off. I've never had a problem with the Factory Diver.

Doc_Holliday  (B 5744)

Dec 5, 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #7 of 27 (5115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NeedToJump] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just say NO to the oxygen. I have been in freefall and watched as it came open on a friend of mine... Twice! Second time, broke the visor in half. As for the rest, its all in fit. I jump a Freezer and it is by far the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn, or the thirty or forty people who have jumped mine. It fits snug and comes in a few different shell sizes, so its not all in the padding.

Also a plus is the visor closing method. Will never open on you, and can open under canopy. Which for us up here in Canada, where it is quite cold and you might need to scrape off that condensation you've built up, comes in handy. There is also space for sunglasses if you like.

tetra316  (D 26945)

Dec 5, 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #8 of 27 (5099 views)
Shortcut
Re: Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyone have the Mamba? That seems to me to have the most secure closing method for the visor. Much better than the Z1 I also looked at.

encreedy  (D License)

Dec 5, 2008, 1:04 PM
Post #9 of 27 (5077 views)
Shortcut

With the Factory Divers, is it irritating having a fixed visor during takeoff? I immagine that on hot Florida days that can get a bit much.

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Dec 5, 2008, 2:16 PM
Post #10 of 27 (5058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [encreedy] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
With the Factory Divers, is it irritating having a fixed visor during takeoff? I immagine that on hot Florida days that can get a bit much.

Not for me, I've worn a Factory Diver on all of my jumps. Sure, it's a little hot, but the climb to 1000' doesn't take that long. I'm already hot and sweaty, a few more minutes doesn't matter.

hparrish  (D 25090)

Dec 5, 2008, 2:26 PM
Post #11 of 27 (5051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
I'm already hot and sweaty, a few more minutes doesn't matter.
Quote:

Are we still talking about helmets ??? Angelic

Jazzthieve

Dec 26, 2008, 5:04 PM
Post #12 of 27 (4745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tetra316] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Anyone have the Mamba? That seems to me to have the most secure closing method for the visor. Much better than the Z1 I also looked at.

I used the mamba for freefly. I had no problem doing sitfly but when I started practising head down the screen would pop open every time I tried a transition.

CarloC  (D 252794)

Dec 27, 2008, 5:38 AM
Post #13 of 27 (4713 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jazzthieve] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess thats the advantage of the Factory Diver, since the visor is fixed,that kind of problem wont happen.

Blue ones!

(This post was edited by CarloC on Dec 27, 2008, 5:39 AM)

charly

Dec 30, 2008, 1:29 PM
Post #14 of 27 (4624 views)
Shortcut

i use a bonehead havoc. a bit pricy but the closing ratchet system is great.

divegoddess  (C License)

Jan 7, 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #15 of 27 (4483 views)
Shortcut
Re: [charly] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that you can take off the visor for the factory diver. I just use goggles under mine. Love it! I'm not really sure if I got kicked square in the face that the visor would provide any protection.....maybe I'd just end up with chucks of broken plastic in my face.....maybe not... I dunno.
but I loves me some factory diver =)

AdD  (D License)

Jan 8, 2009, 1:51 PM
Post #16 of 27 (4389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [divegoddess] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

My factory diver visor saved me a broken nose and maybe worse on a bigway exit, full face is wicked for freeflying!!

roostnureye  (D 32166)

Jul 21, 2009, 4:56 PM
Post #17 of 27 (3679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AdD] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

i use a cookie gas fullface and i absolutly love it!!!! ive only jumped it a dozen or so times, sitfly, transitions, head down, all lovely. it is a little noisy, even with an audible kinda wierd. but highly reccomended!

EXTremeWade  (D 29835)

Jul 28, 2009, 2:18 PM
Post #18 of 27 (3548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hparrish] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Quote:
Quote:

...rude

hparrish  (D 25090)

Jul 28, 2009, 5:54 PM
Post #19 of 27 (3532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [EXTremeWade] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh Yeah coming from the A_s Cream guy himself.

Are you going to change your name from ExtremeWade to ChoirBoyWade?

flytrybe  (D 30397)

Jul 30, 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #20 of 27 (3472 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tetra316] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have Mamba, it's OK i have an eye on the new cookie GAS, that seams to be the bomb.

MisterCrash  (D License)

Sep 2, 2009, 4:59 AM
Post #21 of 27 (3149 views)
Shortcut
Re: [EXTremeWade] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Quote:
Quote:

...rude

Come on man, she was practicly beggin' for it.

I'm thinking about flying fullface too, I'm always jealous of those farting flatflyers who start breathing in their Z1 and let the openhelmet freeflyers suck it up.
Just don't know how I'll get my camera on it (they should make a fullface with a Z-kull system)...

kallend  (D 23151)

Sep 2, 2009, 6:12 AM
Post #22 of 27 (3142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Doc_Holliday] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Just say NO to the oxygen. I have been in freefall and watched as it came open on a friend of mine... Twice! .

If you close an OXYGN properly it won't come open. Unfortunately the closing instructions aren't intuitive and those who don't read instructions are likely to have this problem... Twice.

Rstanley0312  (D 31900)

Sep 2, 2009, 6:30 AM
Post #23 of 27 (3138 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

I have a Mamba and I love it! Feels great, the visor is very secure and no problems at all with it even coming close to shifting around on my dome or coming off.

Blink  (C 3275)

Sep 2, 2009, 6:31 PM
Post #24 of 27 (3103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [divegoddess] Freefliers using full face helmets.....question for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that you can take off the visor for the factory diver. I just use goggles under mine. Love it!reply]

I use the same thing, provides good protection but I can still feel the wind on my face. I wear my Gatorz underneath and love it!

Regis

Sep 21, 2009, 7:55 PM
Post #25 of 27 (2830 views)
Shortcut

I use Rawa and it's great.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Freeflying

Search for (options)