Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
Tracking contest?

Danne  (D License)

Jan 8, 2003, 5:11 AM
Post #1 of 5 (834 views)
Shortcut
Tracking contest? Can't Post

Hi,

We have been talking about having a tracking contest at our club. The problem is that nobody knows how to do this.

I would appreciate any tips on how to perform such a contest (rules, no-nos, safety, jump-run, judging).

Thanx,
/Daniel

winsor  (D 13715)

Jan 8, 2003, 5:36 AM
Post #2 of 5 (823 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Danne] Tracking contest? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Hi,

We have been talking about having a tracking contest at our club. The problem is that nobody knows how to do this.

I would appreciate any tips on how to perform such a contest (rules, no-nos, safety, jump-run, judging).

I suggest you contact Bill Dause in Lodi.

The Parachute Center is listed at (209) 369-1128.

I'm sure Kathy could fill you in, as could much of anyone else who might answer the phone.

Blue skies,

Winsor

councilman24  (D 8631)

Jan 8, 2003, 7:34 AM
Post #3 of 5 (786 views)
Shortcut

One way. Cross wind jump run down wind of the opening spot. Each exits solo, tracks into the wind, 90 deg. from line of flight. Farthest open above X (pick altitude) wins. Adjust jump run for altitude, wind, and skill level of trackers to put opening near the right place. More fun? Cross wind jump run far upwind of the opening spot. Track down wind to make it back.Tongue Be ready to land out.Wink

These days a good spot means the correct side of the airport. Ahhhhhhhh for the good old days when a good spot ment within a 100 ft of where you wanted to open and accuracy approach started at opening.Wink Just kidding, kinda.Cool

rmcvey  (D 102366)

Jan 9, 2003, 5:41 AM
Post #4 of 5 (673 views)
Shortcut

Hows this??

http://www.bpa.org.uk/...es/jun02/ontrack.htm

Its more to do with safety and planning, rather than competition tracking. Good article though.

Blue ones

Premier cpoxon  (D 11665)
Jan 10, 2003, 7:15 AM
Post #5 of 5 (611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [councilman24] Tracking contest? [In reply to] Can't Post

A small tracking competition was held at Empuria Brava over the Christmas boogie. They did it by a duel knockout. Two trackers exit at the same time and race each other. They decide who goes furthest. The winner meets the winner from another duel until everyone has been eliminated apart leaving one victor.

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)