Forums: Archive: 2008-2009 USPA BOD Elections:
Southeast Regional Director - Write In Request

DualHawk  (D 24313)

Oct 23, 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #1 of 12 (2456 views)
Shortcut
Southeast Regional Director - Write In Request Can't Post

Good afternoon, my name is Tom Noonan. I am writing today to request your consideration as a Write In candidate for the USPA Southeast Region Director position.

I have been out of the country this last month and when I got back, I went online to read about the upcoming USPA election here on dropzone.com and I was surprised to see that there wasn't going to be a candidate on the ballot here in my Southeast region.

I have spent the last two and half years working for Strong Enterprises and during that time I have attended two of the last three USPA board meetings. Through those meetings, I have met with and continue to work with a number of the current board members on tandem related safety issues. If I am elected as a Write In candidate, I will expand my role to promote safety in all areas of our sport.

I don't have an "official platform" persay, I simply want to work to secure a safer tomorrow for all of us on the dropzone, and I think that given the opportunity to do so, I will be able to work with the board to effect that positive change. Beyond that, I think that the Regional Director should support the platforms of the people, so I would look to you, the members of the Southeast region for direction and will advocate and vote your collective conscience.

Given the short timeframe, I will be unable to travel to many area dropzones prior to the ballot deadline. What I can do however, if elected as a Write In, is travel to as many DZs as possible prior to the February board meeting in Reno, and will make every effort to meet you all personally at your dropzones to discuss what issues matter most to you and bring those issues before the board. As I said earlier, my reason for asking for your Write In vote is that I believe I can help increase/improve our collective safety. I also want to hear what matters most to you and lobby for the changes you believe in.

As this is a personal decision and not a Strong Enterprises related decision, I would ask that if anyone has any questions, please feel free to reply here, or email my personal email account: noonantommy@yahoo.com
If anyone wants to talk 1 on 1, email me and I'll reply with my cell phone number.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and considering me as a Write In candidate for Southeast Regional Director.

Best Regards,

Tom Noonan

(This post was edited by DualHawk on Oct 23, 2008, 11:28 AM)

skyjumpsteve  (D 14734)

Oct 25, 2008, 5:56 PM
Post #2 of 12 (2309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DualHawk] Southeast Regional Director - Write In Request [In reply to] Can't Post

If I lived in the Southeast region I would definitely vote for Tom. He is a great candidate and I encourage everyone in the region to vote for him. He will be an asset to the U.S.P.A.

flyhi  (D License)

Oct 27, 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #3 of 12 (2230 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DualHawk] Southeast Regional Director - Write In Request [In reply to] Can't Post

Done and Good Luck, Tom!

normiss  (D 28356)

Oct 29, 2008, 8:59 AM
Post #4 of 12 (2126 views)
Shortcut

You have my vote Tom.

Thanks!

Smile

dzjnky  (D 28727)

Oct 31, 2008, 8:26 PM
Post #5 of 12 (2021 views)
Shortcut

Welcome back, Tom!!! I have known Tom my entire skydiving career, all 4+ years of it. He is a stand-up guy, and would be an asset to the Board, and to the Southeast Region. He is smart, ethical, and knows a lot about many aspects of skydiving, with an obvious "major" in tandems. When I was just learning to land a parachute, unsolicited, he gave me specific personal advice that made me a safer skydiver - so I have benefited personally from his focus on safety. If only all new skydivers had someone like him on their dropzone, we would all be better off!

Unfortunately, I live in the wrong region, and can't vote for him, but if I were in the SE region, he would definitely have my vote.

Rick Hough

The_Don  (B License)

Nov 30, 2008, 5:22 PM
Post #6 of 12 (1845 views)
Shortcut

Great post.

Thanks.

DualHawk  (D 24313)

Dec 1, 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #7 of 12 (1802 views)
Shortcut

Hi Everyone,

I got a call this morning from a friend who had heard I was opening a dropzone, and I thought that it would be a good idea to verify it here as well.

My wife and I are currently in the process of negotiating with an airport sponsor to open a dropzone. It will be a seasonal dropzone, located in New England (where we are from originally).

If our request is approved and we are granted permission to operate, my wife and I both plan to remain Florida residents. I emailed USPA to make sure that there isn't any compliance issue with residing in one region (and being that area's RD), and potentially owning a dropzone in another region. They confirmed for me that it wasn't. I expect if the dropzone is approved, it will take me out of state 90 days next year at most, including weekends, but in all likelyhood, less.

Anyways, I just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone was considering voting for me and worried that I would vacate the RD seat mid-term and return to New England. That is not the case, we plan to remain Florida residents and call the Southeast Region home for the forsee-able (sp?) future.

Please feel free to email me at noonantommy@yahoo.com if you have any questions or if you want to talk to me, I will reply with my cell phone #.

Best Regards,

Tom

Premier DSE  (D 29060)

Dec 1, 2008, 2:43 PM
Post #8 of 12 (1762 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for clarifying that Tom, and it only points to another reason you'd have my vote if I lived in your region. Seen you at the BOD meetings and Pepperell...you'd have my vote too.

micduran  (C 35982)

Dec 16, 2008, 8:56 AM
Post #9 of 12 (1637 views)
Shortcut

You got my vote. Good luck.

airtwardo  (D License)

Dec 16, 2008, 9:46 AM
Post #10 of 12 (1624 views)
Shortcut

It will be a seasonal dropzone, located in New England (where we are from originally).
Is Bill gonna be flyin' for ya?! Wink

DualHawk  (D 24313)

Dec 16, 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #11 of 12 (1605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [micduran] Southeast Regional Director - Write In Request [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
You got my vote. Good luck.

Thank you for your support, it is very much appreciated. If I am elected, I plan to post a schedule of January dropzone visits here on dropzone.com,so I can meet and skydive with as many members as I can before the February USPA board meeting.

Thanks again for your support.

Best regards,

Tom

DualHawk  (D 24313)

Dec 16, 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #12 of 12 (1600 views)
Shortcut
Re: [airtwardo] Southeast Regional Director - Write In Request [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Is Bill gonna be flyin' for ya?!

Nah...we can't afford him.....lol Shocked

Besides, he loves flying at Delmarva too much to give all that up. I told him though that the door would always be open. It would be great to have him up there flying someday.

Best regards,

Tom

(This post was edited by DualHawk on Dec 16, 2008, 1:06 PM)

Forums : Archive : 2008-2009 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)