16. Butcher, Sherry
17. Thompson, Eli
18. Eakins, Merriah
19. Bryan, Charles
20. Furnari, Jonathan P.
21. Morris, Barclay
22. Deren, Eric
23. Stewart, Scott

I endorse John Desantis, Larry Hill, Jay Stokes, Krisanne Combs, and JP Furnari.

!

(This post was edited by SStewart on Oct 18, 2008, 12:27 AM)

Premier NWFlyer  (D 29960)

Oct 18, 2008, 7:11 AM
Post #2 of 39 (4050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SStewart] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

Just to clarify - the random draw was to determine the order in which the names will appear on the ballot. The draw was from among the folks who submitted their candidate paperwork according to the terms of the Governance Manual (which was determined by the Nominations & Elections Committee). Sorry, Scott, it just sounded a little odd the way you wrote it, like only some names were drawn out of a hat, and tough luck for anyone else!Laugh

Thanks for the support ... but you don't endorse yourself? LaughWink

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Oct 18, 2008, 9:47 PM
Post #3 of 39 (3989 views)
Shortcut

1. Bangs, Glenn
2. Meyer, Jan
3. Stokes, Jay
4. Lohmiller, Kip
5. Combs, Krisanne
6. Swanson, Mike
7. Fink, Alan "Buzz"
8. Verner, Kirk
9. Neri, Francisco
10. Mullins, Mike
11. DeSantis, John
12. Hill, Lawrence
13. Aikins, Luke
14. Worth, BJ
15. Devore, Jon
16. Butcher, Sherry
17. Thompson, Eli
18. Eakins, Merriah
19. Bryan, Charles
20. Furnari, Jonathan P.
21. Morris, Barclay
22. Deren, Eric
23. Stewart, Scott

Thats all I can go with.

Sparky

SStewart  (D 10405)

Oct 19, 2008, 10:04 AM
Post #4 of 39 (3954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the correction, that is what I meant to say. And yes I do endose myself and I also forgot to mention Jan.

Good luck!

wildfan75  (D 29536)

Oct 20, 2008, 4:28 PM
Post #5 of 39 (3858 views)
Shortcut

If you're looking for someone with experience with dz operations, instructor operations, a weekend warrior, and competitions (including a national championship in freestyle), vote Merriah Eakins.

Merriah was a dzos' kid and has been around skydiving practically all her life. During the summer she's an AFFI at Skydive Twin Cities (commerical otter dz), during the winter she's a weekend fixture at Skydive Wissota (club cessna dz), and is in Eloy right now competing in freestyle (again) with husband Karl as Team Flew-ID.

For the last two years she's held Student Olympics at STC (and has traveled to a couple of other dzs to help hosting them) to help get students more involved at the dz, to meet the up-jumpers, and become a bigger part of the social aspect of skydiving.

And she's great at cleaning the clubhouse bathrooms on bad weather days!!

I have no doubt that she will do an outstanding job listening and acting (not re-acting).

Vote Merriah Eakins!!

(This post was edited by wildfan75 on Oct 20, 2008, 4:29 PM)

Thanatos340  (B 27588)

Oct 20, 2008, 5:39 PM
Post #6 of 39 (3851 views)
Shortcut

These are my choices for National Director and here is why I am voting for each of these people:

1) Jan Meyer I have never met Jan and only spoke to her briefly on the phone once or twice. I do know that she is passionate about this sport and serving on the board. I adamantly disagree with those that feel she caused the USPA to have to settle the skyride lawsuit and I believe that she has done a great job to keep those that think the USPA is their personal thiefdom in check.

2) Krisanne Combs I have known Krissanne for several years. She is a motivated, highly intelligent woman I think truly understands weekend Jumpers and will serve the general membership well.

3) Mike Mullins I only met Mr. Mullins a few times but he is someone that I think understands the Business side this sport more than most. I think DZO`s like Mike ARE needed on the board, we need to see all aspects of this sport with a voice at the USPA.

4) Larry Hill I have never met Larry hill but I do know that he is someone that doesnt just sit back and wait for things to happen. His DZ is a true leader in this sport and always seems to one step ahead. Another DZO that I think belongs on the board.

5) JP Furnari I dont think I ever met JP but feel like I know him from this site. He seems like someone that is committed to serving the general membership.

6) Eric Deren I first met Eric Daren in 2002 at The Atlanta Freefly festival at the Rome DZ. The thing I remembered most from that boogie was that due to restriction on Alcohol on the airport we were not going to be able to have the party planned for that night. Eric Jumps on a bicycle and starts going door to door to all the nearby property owners asking if we have the party in one of their fields. He finally finds one that agrees, I went back to Atlanta and got a generator and the Party went off great. In the years since I have ran into him many more times and see that he is someone that when presented with a problem, he finds a solution. This attitude is something that the USPA desperately needs.
Arguably one of the best freeflyers in the southeast, he is always approachable, friendly and never hesitates to offer suggestions and help to anyone. He will serve the general membership well.

Over the next month, I may or may not pick two more to vote for but these are the people that feel will best represent this sport at this time.

livendive  (D 21415)

Oct 28, 2008, 6:27 PM
Post #7 of 39 (3662 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Thanatos340] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

I've put checkmarks next to Mike Mullins, JP Furnari, and Krisanne Combs, and written myself in. I might add one or two others before sending it in...I've got plenty of time and up to four open slots if I want to use them.

Blues,
Dave

diablopilot  (D License)

Oct 28, 2008, 7:51 PM
Post #8 of 39 (3643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [livendive] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you!Smile

Premier NWFlyer  (D 29960)

Oct 28, 2008, 8:03 PM
Post #9 of 39 (3641 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
and written myself in.

Wonder how many votes you have to get before you show up in the results? Is this an official write-in campaign, or just you and Muttley so far? Laugh

Thanks for the vote. Smile

livendive  (D 21415)

Oct 28, 2008, 8:27 PM
Post #10 of 39 (3631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
and written myself in.

Wonder how many votes you have to get before you show up in the results? Is this an official write-in campaign, or just you and Muttley so far? Laugh

Thanks for the vote. Smile

So far it's just me and Ed. I'm not even sure I have Muttley's vote! ShockedPirateLaugh Hell, at least there's now a non-zero chance I'll be showing up to help dilute the votes of those entrenched BOD members who are sure to be re-elected. Wink

Edit to add: Muttley suggests I contract ACORN to help with my election. Anyone know their number? Sly Nevermind, that'd be too much like the old school BOD methods.

Blues,
Dave

(This post was edited by livendive on Oct 28, 2008, 8:44 PM)

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Oct 28, 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #11 of 39 (3617 views)
Shortcut

Hey Peckerhead,

You get elected and there may be one of these in your future.

Sparky
Attachments: Coin.jpg (51.9 KB)

Premier DSE  (D 29060)
Oct 29, 2008, 8:52 AM
Post #12 of 39 (3561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mjosparky] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Bangs, Glenn
2. Meyer, Jan
3. Stokes, Jay
4. Lohmiller, Kip
5. Combs, Krisanne
6. Swanson, Mike
7. Fink, Alan "Buzz"
8. Verner, Kirk
9. Neri, Francisco
10. Mullins, Mike
11. DeSantis, John
12. Hill, Lawrence
13. Aikins, Luke
14. Worth, BJ
15. Devore, Jon
16. Butcher, Sherry
17. Thompson, Eli
18. Eakins, Merriah
19. Bryan, Charles
20. Furnari, Jonathan P.
21. Morris, Barclay
22. Deren, Eric
23. Stewart, Scott

Are all easy picks for me.
Krisanne has one of those "won't die" spirits, and she has a huge base of support to help her with the tough decisions. JP Furnari is kind of a prick online, but in in person, he's not just "kind of a prick"....Wink and he'll get er' done, IMO.
Jan is dedicated. I don't agree with everything she does and she's definitely acerbic. But smart, talented, and quite capable of being that "governor on the throttle" if/when necessary.
There are others on this list that are plenty capable and worthy of the position, and have a true desire to serve, IMO. Then there are those that individually stand out for me, but when combined with (lesser) others in the running, they're less effective either due to some weird form of hero worship, or....?
All I can tell you about Mr. Bangs is that he privately and not so privately made it a point to poke fun my name and my long hair.

If I could only vote two, Jay Stokes and Larry Hill would be my unquestionable choices. Few people out whom I admire AND respect, and they both fit that description. Anyone who knows either of them know they're straightforward, no-bullshit guys with a strong sense of dignity and duty. Seen em' both up to their armpits in gunk just to be sure things roll along smoothly and on time. I don't know either of them very well, but they're both men of strong character and backbone.

One thing I hope will come from this election; that the BOD understands that folks expect a better level of communication and community input. There is no reason to not seize the validity and convenience of the internet for both disseminating and gathering
information.

livendive  (D 21415)

Oct 29, 2008, 9:15 AM
Post #13 of 39 (3551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DSE] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

For what it's worth, it's Larry Hill's opinion that he should not have to recuse himself from voting on the Nationals site selection. Some historical information can be found here.

Blues,
Dave

Premier DSE  (D 29060)
Oct 29, 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #14 of 39 (3517 views)
Shortcut

You're not the first to point me to that thread.
My response to it is that some of the posters have simply taken an untenable, unreasonable position.
Eloy, Perris, Spaceland, and a couple of east coast locations are the locations for Nationals that make the most sense to me, due to lift capacity, weather, size and flexibility of operations, and ease of access. As a producer and sometimes promoter of broadway shows, concerts, broadcast projects, these are all factors in the decisions I make about the viabiilty of a production. it's just good, solid business sense, IMO.

JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

Oct 29, 2008, 12:55 PM
Post #15 of 39 (3479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DSE] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi DSE,

We must be drinking from the same faucet; those are exactly who I voted for. Cool

JerryBaumchen

rapper4mpi  (D 21553)

Oct 29, 2008, 1:48 PM
Post #16 of 39 (3459 views)
Shortcut
2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

Here are my suggestions: We need to think about some fresh minds, that are in touch with the common jumper, or at least interacts with them. However, we need to maintain some consistency and keep some of the experienced directors with open minds around. My ballot is balanced that way. Time for a shake-up!
-Rapper

popsjumper  (D 999999999)

Oct 29, 2008, 5:42 PM
Post #17 of 39 (3409 views)
Shortcut

So far...

1. Bangs, Glenn
2. Meyer, Jan
3. Stokes, Jay
4. Lohmiller, Kip
5. Combs, Krisanne
6. Swanson, Mike
7. Fink, Alan "Buzz"
8. Verner, Kirk
9. Neri, Francisco
10. Mullins, Mike
11. DeSantis, John
12. Hill, Lawrence
13. Aikins, Luke
14. Worth, BJ
15. Devore, Jon
16. Butcher, Sherry
17. Thompson, Eli
18. Eakins, Merriah
19. Bryan, Charles
20. Furnari, Jonathan P.
21. Morris, Barclay
22. Deren, Eric
23. Stewart, Scott

mark  (D 6108)

Oct 29, 2008, 7:33 PM
Post #18 of 39 (3378 views)
Shortcut
Re: 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be voting for Merriah Eakins. She's a fun jumper, an instructor, a freestyle medalist, plus she has an appreciation for the business side of skydiving from the time she spent at her parents' dz. I can't think of many candidates who are as aware of the need to balance the competing agendas of the various interest groups within the USPA. I believe she will approach her duties conscientiously, determined to do what is best for for the membership as a whole.

Mark

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Oct 29, 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #19 of 39 (3355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JerryBaumchen] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Hi DSE,

We must be drinking from the same faucet; those are exactly who I voted for. Cool

JerryBaumchen

And those are the same that I'm voting for. Smile

normiss  (D 28356)

Oct 30, 2008, 6:24 AM
Post #20 of 39 (3315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BillyVance] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

+3

mailed it out today.

and secretly hoping for no voter fraud issues....

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Oct 30, 2008, 1:53 PM
Post #21 of 39 (3224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [normiss] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
+3

mailed it out today.

and secretly hoping for no voter fraud issues....

I was told to mark "NO" in the spaces next to those I don't want.

diablopilot  (D License)

Oct 30, 2008, 3:22 PM
Post #22 of 39 (3201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BillyVance] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

Before everyone starts doing this I'd recommend a clarification from USPA HQ.

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Oct 30, 2008, 4:37 PM
Post #23 of 39 (3187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [diablopilot] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Before everyone starts doing this I'd recommend a clarification from USPA HQ.

My comment was in regards to the possibility that not everyone will vote in 8 national directors. If you voted for less than that, then write "NO" to the others to keep HQ from filling in the remaining picks themselves.

Just a little hint someone told me. Of course, they'll deny it if asked, I'm sure.

Premier PhreeZone  (D License)
Oct 30, 2008, 5:32 PM
Post #24 of 39 (3173 views)
Shortcut

Issue is HQ may view your ballot as incorrectly filled out and be forced to discard it. Contact HQ to make sure this is valid before doing it.

diablopilot  (D License)

Oct 30, 2008, 6:07 PM
Post #25 of 39 (3163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PhreeZone] 2008 USPA National director candidates [In reply to] Can't Post

What he said.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Archive : 2008-2009 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)