Forums: Dropzone.com: Error and Bug Reports:
DZ first aid kits

jclalor  (B 33202)

Sep 28, 2008, 4:20 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1484 views)
Shortcut
DZ first aid kits Quote | Reply

In the safety section of this site it list IV's to be included in the DZ first aid kits.
IV's are presription medical supplies and need to be ordered by an MD.

Premier slotperfect  (D 13014)
Sep 28, 2008, 5:10 AM
Post #2 of 7 (1474 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jclalor] DZ first aid kits [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Is that true in all countries or just in the US? Remember that this is an international forum.

jclalor  (B 33202)

Sep 28, 2008, 9:00 AM
Post #3 of 7 (1460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [slotperfect] DZ first aid kits [In reply to] Quote | Reply

As far as I know, all western countries require a doctors order for IV's. When you talk third world I think any thing goes.

labrys  (D 29848)

Sep 28, 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #4 of 7 (1454 views)
Shortcut

Quote:
IV's are presription medical supplies and need to be ordered by an MD.

It still might be good to have on hand. It's not unheard of for a DZ to have MDs that fun jump.

CSpenceFLY  (D 25252)

Dec 13, 2008, 7:26 AM
Post #5 of 7 (1256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [labrys] DZ first aid kits [In reply to] Quote | Reply

And you never know when you're going to need to get over a hangover. Or get drunk really fast.

Premier rwieder  (C 32349)

Dec 14, 2008, 12:46 AM
Post #6 of 7 (1241 views)
Shortcut

Quote:
As far as I know, all western countries require a docto'rs order for IV's. When you talk third world I think anything goes.

No, this is not always applicable under certain circumstances to individuals with the proper certification such as EMT's Para Medics and rescue teams, etc...Establishing Normal Saline flow via intaveneous methods is common in most cases just to have blood drawn and stored for the lab and to insure an IV sight is established En-Route to the ER so they can go about their business as quickly as possible, this is probably one of the biggest advantages to going to the Trauma Center or ER. if the situation is called for. I'm getting recertified right now, and will continue my studies to obtain my LVN as well. Now, administration of CS's is another story. Administration of NarCan and other drugs such as morphine, turodol is an EMT call, there isn't a moment to lose when NarCan is the only way out in treating a Herion overdose. Other drugs are used to control induced comas in the event of a serious head trauma, etc...99% of all "Pick Ups" we are in contact with the Trauma Center Physician as sson as the patient is diagnosed, bleeding stopped / controlled, airways cleared, C-Spine installed and patient in secured to a back board for emobilization and made ready for transport. Some of these three ton ambulances are gigantic, heavy and even though they have air bags ride like wagons, and we're generally going in excess of 90 MPH. HWY 71 from St. Mark's in LaGrange to Seton Medical Facility in Austin sucks a load.

FlyingJ  (A License)

Dec 14, 2008, 10:20 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rwieder] DZ first aid kits [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In reply to:
Quote:
As far as I know, all western countries require a docto'rs order for IV's. When you talk third world I think anything goes.

No, this is not always applicable under certain circumstances to individuals with the proper certification such as EMT's Para Medics and rescue teams, etc...Establishing Normal Saline flow via intaveneous methods is common in most cases...

It may be standard, but it is standard as a standing order from medical direction, being done as an extension of a medical director's license. An EMT or Paramedic without medical direction and protocols is extremely limited in what they can legally do. Same thing with O2. People forget that Oxygen is a drug. O2 is provided all the time, but it is done so as a standing order from medical direction.

That said, I'd rather be in court for breaking rules and saving a life than attending a funeral.

Forums : Dropzone.com : Error and Bug Reports

Search for (options)