Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Tony Suit Options

arl120384  (C 38881)

Aug 12, 2008, 12:33 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1187 views)
Shortcut
Tony Suit Options Can't Post

Hey all,

Im in the process of ordering a Swoop Suit and I have a few questions for the more experienced.

With regards to Suit/grip colors......what are the following..

Slick Nylon, Supplex, 4-ply, Print. Now I assume they are types of material but what is the norm/major difference between them all. Does anyone recommend Spandex forearms?

Thanks for al the help in advance

ARL

(This post was edited by arl120384 on Aug 12, 2008, 12:33 PM)

bwilling  (C 13618)

Aug 12, 2008, 1:26 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arl120384] Tony Suit Options [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Slick Nylon, Supplex, 4-ply, Print. Now I assume they are types of material but what is the norm/major difference between them all. Does anyone recommend Spandex forearms?

They are indeed types of material, but you don't just randomly choose one, as they're used in conjunction with the fit to control fall rate. I highly suggest you get with someone knowledgeable to both measure you, and help you determine which material best suits your build and body type.

DougH  (D License)

Aug 12, 2008, 2:07 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1130 views)
Shortcut

Come on dude. All the info on the material is on their website. And they have a phone number to ask a real live human being questions deals with jumpsuits all day every day. If the phone call is to much bling bling they anwser email too!!!

What would you people do without the internet? Shocked Sly

(This post was edited by DougH on Aug 12, 2008, 2:08 PM)

shibu  (C 42074)

Apr 17, 2013, 5:51 AM
Post #4 of 4 (708 views)
Shortcut

Don't mean to revive an old post, but I was wondering the same thing.

So from Tony's web site:

NYLON: Slick and fast, used on the front of The Pit Special 4 way suit and The Swoop Suit.

SUPPLEX: A light weight fabric that has great strength and feels like cotton, good for all suits where drag is not an issue

4-PLY: 4 ply is a heavier, "supplex like'' fabric that has replaced polycotton due to its better performance and is the standard for the Space suit and Cargo pants.

POLY COTTON: Due to the poor performance (in our opinion) of the polycotton, we have decided to replace it with 4 Ply. 4 Ply is more durable, will keep its properties longer, and has as much drag as the polycotton

SPANDEX: Stretch, To tighten the suit for a faster fall rate

So it looks like you want 4-PLY to increase drag & Nylon or spandex to decrease drag.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)