Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Relative Work:
Opinions on Vertical Suits RW suits?

BrianM  (D 661)

Jul 6, 2008, 4:35 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2615 views)
Shortcut
Opinions on Vertical Suits RW suits? Can't Post

I'm in the market for a new RW suit, and I'm thinking of getting one from Vertical Suits. I'm interested in opinions from anyone who has experience with them.

jwynne  (D License)

Jul 9, 2008, 4:45 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2488 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BrianM] Opinions on Vertical Suits RW suits? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a freefly suit from vertical suits. I can vouch for their customer service, communication and a well constructed suit. No idea on their RW suit design, but they're good people.

Janna

novacaine  (Student)

Jul 23, 2008, 9:13 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jwynne] Opinions on Vertical Suits RW suits? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I have a freefly suit from vertical suits. I can vouch for their customer service, communication and a well constructed suit. No idea on their RW suit design, but they're good people.

Janna

I will second this. I have a freefly suit with modified RW grippers. The suit is quality built. And I can not say a single bad thing about their customer sevice. It was nice to recieve an email from Vlady every step of the way.
I will purchase another suit from him in the off season.

BrianM  (D 661)

Oct 5, 2008, 5:17 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2012 views)
Shortcut
Re: Opinions on Vertical Suits RW suits? [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I'd post a quick update.

I went ahead and ordered the suit. I got measured by the owner himself Smile. I received it a few days ago, haven't had the chance to jump it yet due to bad weather.

The suit fits great (and I need a fairly tight fit as I am fairly skinny). Construction is excellent - this thing is built like a tank.

Only issue: colours were not quite as ordered. All the right colours, but a couple got reversed. Vlady immediately offered to redo it free of charge - he seems very concerned that I am happy with the suit.

I'm not sure if I will get him to fix it, or keep it as is. Photos are attached. The errors: back of legs should be grey instead of blue, and leg grippers should be blue instead of grey (basically the two colours got switched). The last photo is a quick photoshop to change the colours to what I wanted.

Comments on the appearance? The only thing I don't really like is how it looks with the butt being a different colour than what is both above and below (with the back of legs being grey that wouldn't be the case). However, it does look better with a rig on.

(This post was edited by BrianM on Oct 5, 2008, 5:21 PM)
Attachments: img_2208.resized.jpg (160 KB)
  img_2214.resized.jpg (146 KB)
  img_2215.resized.jpg (151 KB)
  img_2214_edit.resized.jpg (139 KB)

BrianM  (D 661)

Jan 19, 2009, 7:45 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BrianM] Opinions on Vertical Suits RW suits? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm posting an update for the benefit of anyone doing a search in the future.

I decided to send the suit back. They built a whole new suit from scratch instead of changing the first one, in order to not weaken the suit by resewing the fabric.

The new suit is exactly as I wanted, and it fits perfectly. The construction quality is impressive. Customer service was also great - Vlady was pleasant, responsive to my concerns, and always quick to return phone calls and emails. He wasn't happy until I was happy (and I am happy!).

I will definitely buy from Vertical Suits again.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Relative Work

Search for (options)