Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

tiggershunny

Mar 28, 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #1 of 107 (4282 views)
Shortcut
SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! Can't Post

Mark your calendars and ask the boss for time off work: SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie is going to be all sorts of fun June 19th-22nd (Thursday-Sunday).

As more information is available we'll let you know, but what we DO know is:

-the fabulous folks from Aerodyne will be coming out with the full line of demos (Pilot, Mamba, Smart Reserve, Vision, and Icon harnesses). If you haven't had the chance to meet them before and try out their products this is a great chance to do so, those of you who have met them know they're a great group of friendly and helpful folks.

-RW and freefly organizing will be available for those of you who are interested. Collin Bruce has some great events planned for every day of the boogie: Thursday there will be 30-way color coded jumps, Friday will see some 60-way fun, Saturday is a 20-36 way sequential day, and Sunday is all about jumpin' with toys!

-As always, those of you who yearn to jump at night will have the chance to do so Friday night till midnight.

That's the info I can confirm right now, if anyone has any questions feel free to contact me directly: mo_eryn@yahoo.com.

Looking forward to another great boogie!

-Mo

DFWAJG

Mar 28, 2008, 9:55 PM
Post #2 of 107 (4206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tiggershunny] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

Do we get to see Tall Guy in his Speedo again?WinkTongueBlush

verticalflier  (D 27220)

Mar 29, 2008, 8:19 PM
Post #3 of 107 (4169 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tiggershunny] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

We are very excited to be able to support 2008 American Boogie as well as meeting everyone at Davis!!!
All our demo gear is free of charge so please stop by and try our Tour Toys!!! See you all there!!!
Blue Ones!!!
Cookie and Les
Aerodyne US Tour
Attachments: Aerodyne Demo Tour RV.jpg (51.0 KB)

LongWayToFall  (A 52639)

Mar 31, 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #4 of 107 (4106 views)
Shortcut

How much room is available for camping? Also, is beer/food available to buy? This will be my first boogie woohoo

tiggershunny

Mar 31, 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #5 of 107 (4099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LongWayToFall] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

There is a lot of space to camp and beer and food for Friday and Saturday night is included in registration. The diner will be open for any other food/drink you need.

If you need anything while at the boogie be sure to look me up, just ask manifest (I may be in there) where I am. Chances are if I'm not in the hangar or manifest I'll be at Kaleidoscope's team room by the creeper pad. Smile

-Morrigan

LongWayToFall  (A 52639)

Apr 1, 2008, 10:32 PM
Post #6 of 107 (4058 views)
Shortcut

Sweet! look forward to seeing you there

TallGuy  (C 33563)

Apr 3, 2008, 4:30 PM
Post #7 of 107 (4003 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFWAJG] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Do we get to see Tall Guy in his Speedo again?WinkTongueBlush

Hey hot stuff. Long time no see.

Yeah I can be persuaded. Although I think that might scare off more people than the lovely ladies attracted.

If we can get the interest and funding I'd be happy to organize a little fun in the J-E-L-L-O. But this time I want some confirmed wrestlers.

cancina  (Student)

Apr 3, 2008, 7:13 PM
Post #8 of 107 (3987 views)
Shortcut

I was wondering how a boogie worked. I am still a student, but would like to attend the boogie. I do not plan on still being a student come June, but do not know anything about what to expect. Do you have to pre-pay? What if I can only make it for one or two days? If anyone can offer some insight I sure would appreciate it. Thanks!Smile

bodypilot1  (D 16037)

Apr 3, 2008, 7:52 PM
Post #9 of 107 (3980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cancina] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I was wondering how a boogie worked. I am still a student, but would like to attend the boogie. I do not plan on still being a student come June, but do not know anything about what to expect. Do you have to pre-pay? What if I can only make it for one or two days? If anyone can offer some insight I sure would appreciate it. Thanks!Smile

Colin

They do have a preregistration for the Boogie, but you can also just pay for the day you are there. Since you have my AFF-I signature signing you off for self supervision, you can jump anywhere and at any USPA DZ right now, as well as after you get your A license as long as your a USPA member. They will need your USPA card, log book and yellow card (if you didnt get your A yet) so dont forget it when you go to the Boogie.

DFWAJG

Apr 4, 2008, 12:10 AM
Post #10 of 107 (3961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cancina] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

How does a boogie work? Show up, pay a little money, get free t-shirt and cool stuff in goodie bag. Set up tent. Bring beer. Meet lots of new peeps. Jump and have fun. Nothin' to it!Wink

tiggershunny

Apr 4, 2008, 8:38 AM
Post #11 of 107 (3947 views)
Shortcut

I will probably be in manifest, just look me up. I'll make sure you get through the whole check-in process, which is really easy, and get on your first boogie load as quickly as possible! Don't want to miss a moment, it's great fun!

Ed is right, we do have daily registration if you can only make it one day. And there will be pre-reg, I'll post the date that will start once I know. If you can make it out for more than one day, there is plenty of space to camp.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or email me directly at mo_eryn@yahoo.com. Looking forward to seeing you at your first boogie! Cool

-Morrigan

Premier skybytch  (D License)

Apr 5, 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #12 of 107 (3896 views)
Shortcut

I keep hearing rumors about a biplane... Angelic

monkycndo  (D License)

Apr 5, 2008, 11:20 AM
Post #13 of 107 (3895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skybytch] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

Bytch, you are in the Bay Area and not supposed to question a plane's orientation.CrazySly

Premier skybytch  (D License)

Apr 5, 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #14 of 107 (3894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [monkycndo] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Bytch, you are in the Bay Area and not supposed to question a plane's orientation.

Oh, I prefer that this plane be bi. She's more likely to let me play with her that way. Wink

monkycndo  (D License)

Apr 5, 2008, 1:28 PM
Post #15 of 107 (3888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skybytch] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Bytch, you are in the Bay Area and not supposed to question a plane's orientation.

Oh, I prefer that this plane be bi. She's more likely to let me play with her that way. Wink

In that case, I want to be there to watch.Angelic

Kdsosso  (D License)

Apr 5, 2008, 9:20 PM
Post #16 of 107 (3867 views)
Shortcut

Hey Colin,

I will be at the boogie, so let's talk at our home DZ and I can answer your questions. I can also point you in the right direction if you have questions once your there at the boogie or match you up with someone who can.

Kris

Elisha  (D 31656)

Apr 6, 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #17 of 107 (3816 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

Hmmm....I'm wondering if I saw said swinging both ways plan when I was there yesterday...Wink

LongWayToFall  (A 52639)

Apr 7, 2008, 1:26 AM
Post #18 of 107 (3804 views)
Shortcut

Biplane huh? NICE. So, what aircraft will for sure be there? 60 way is going to take a few...

collinb  (D 1307)

Apr 7, 2008, 4:04 PM
Post #19 of 107 (3765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LongWayToFall] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

last time I spoke with Ray we'll have 2 PAC's and a Casa for the 60-way (15+15+32). Then I know there are jet(s) for fun rides but I've heard of nothing else, best way to find out for sure is to turn up and see!
Blues
Collin

p.s. we are already almost full for the 60-way so if you're interested drop me a line so I can add you to the list

LongWayToFall  (A 52639)

Apr 7, 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #20 of 107 (3729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [collinb] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

SWEET. I have been dying to jump a tailgate. oh, and I don't think you would want me on the 60 way, unless you want it bombed worse than hiroshima

DHolland  (Student)

Apr 8, 2008, 4:57 PM
Post #21 of 107 (3684 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by DHolland [In reply to]

jacketsdb23  (D 29802)

Apr 8, 2008, 5:17 PM
Post #22 of 107 (3679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DHolland] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

You....bring beer....

Edited to add: Tongue There you go D! Much better.

(This post was edited by jacketsdb23 on Apr 8, 2008, 8:12 PM)

Amazon  (D License)

Apr 8, 2008, 6:21 PM
Post #23 of 107 (3666 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TallGuy] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Yeah I can be persuaded. Although I think that might scare off more people than the lovely ladies attracted.

I have some video of the liongerie jump that never made it onto a boogie video...

Some good "closeups" tooAngelic

Feeblemind  (D 28621)

Apr 12, 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #24 of 107 (3564 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

Yo Dude,

I will be at the boogie also. I have camera duty for the flat organized jumps but I will make some time to jump with you. I too was trained by Eddie (I am also a coach) so I want to make sure I help his students progress as others did for me. To find me just check with an organizer or manifest and ask for Phil.

Feeble

bodypilot1  (D 16037)

Apr 12, 2008, 11:16 PM
Post #25 of 107 (3534 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feeblemind] SkyDance SkyDiving's 2008 American Boogie! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Yo Dude,

I will be at the boogie also. I have camera duty for the flat organized jumps but I will make some time to jump with you. I too was trained by Eddie (I am also a coach) so I want to make sure I help his students progress as others did for me. To find me just check with an organizer or manifest and ask for Phil.

Feeble

Thanks Phil

Colin is a fireman as well. Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)