Forums: Dropzone.com: Error and Bug Reports:
forum control panels

Deleted
Aug 3, 2001, 1:42 PM
Post #1 of 17 (1300 views)
Shortcut
     forum control panels  

I love this new format, sangiro! Very nice....

I'm having a little trouble, though...when I log in, it acknowledges me as me, but when I click on "forum control panels" to modify my settings, I get kicked into "incorrect password and have to log in again.

thanks,
zelda

Deleted
Aug 3, 2001, 1:43 PM
Post #2 of 17 (1294 views)
Shortcut
     Re: forum control panels [In reply to]  

In reply to:
I love this new format, sangiro! Very nice....

I'm having a little trouble, though...when I log in, it acknowledges me as me, but when I click on "forum control panels" to modify my settings, I get kicked into "incorrect password and have to log in again.

thanks,
zelda
And you'll notice that I'm coming up anonymous, but I'm logged in, I swear!

-zelda (truly!!)

Deleted
Aug 3, 2001, 1:47 PM
Post #3 of 17 (1293 views)
Shortcut

just responding to my own post with a test to see if the site knows who I am....logged in again...

Premier sangiro
Head Honcho
Aug 3, 2001, 5:47 PM
Post #4 of 17 (1287 views)
Shortcut

Zelda - Here's what I would suggest: go to the myDropzone link at the top of your screen and click on "Log Out" - I think it's the last option on the myDropzone page. That should delete your cookies. Then log in again (it will automatically take you to the login screen when you log out) After logging in again...come back to the forums and theck it out!

(You can also click the Logout link in the Forums navigation bar...come back to the forums and click on Login)

Let me know if this works.....

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Deleted
Aug 4, 2001, 11:35 AM
Post #5 of 17 (1275 views)
Shortcut

Hey Bossman... its Phreezone! I'm having the same problem as Zelda. It lets me log on but as soon as I click on anything it logs me out and then I have to wait a few seconds to log back in. Then the cycle repeats....

Deleted
Aug 4, 2001, 11:38 AM
Post #6 of 17 (1274 views)
Shortcut

I've even tried to manually clear the Cookies off of the PC. It works fine on the PC I use at work but it does not work on my PC at home. Hmmm..... if ya got any ideas let me know!

phastasphuk  (D 15202)

Aug 4, 2001, 11:58 AM
Post #7 of 17 (1273 views)
Shortcut

Hmm...something strange with mine too....
I log in as usual, then go to forums(as usual) but see im not logged in....then click log in and this time it works to log in!
Not a techie me with these damn 'puters....

chris

How would you like too stick with me
How much do you love to freefall

Deleted
Aug 6, 2001, 8:08 AM
Post #8 of 17 (1260 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to take so long to get back to you, Sangiro; I was moving all weekend! Anyway, I tried the logout, logged back in, and I still can't access the control panel without being kicked out. Someone else mentioned that they are not showing up as being logged in, and I'm having the same problem, even when the site acknowledges that I am, indeed, logged in. And my posts are anonymous! I don't exist! AAAAHHH!!! Shocked

-zelda

zclubber1  (C License)

Aug 6, 2001, 8:12 AM
Post #9 of 17 (1259 views)
Shortcut

I'm having the same problem. I can log in fine at work......at home.......nada. I manually deleted all the cookies and all the temp internet files. Nothing. Could it be an ip thing?

-can't you trip like I do-
Clubber

Deleted
Aug 6, 2001, 8:40 AM
Post #10 of 17 (1255 views)
Shortcut

I'm having problems too! I have done everything that everyone recommended, and I even created a new user name, and I'm STILL anonymous. This is the only forum that I can make a reply on.
Sangiro, come back and help all of us anonymous people!
Skymama

Deleted
Aug 6, 2001, 1:16 PM
Post #11 of 17 (1245 views)
Shortcut

Same issues as the others.

Logged in, yet not logged in, no forum control panel access.

This happens both at work on my Windows 2000 machine and at home on my MAC OS 9.1. Both are running current copies of IE.

Paul Quade

SkydiveMonkey  (B 102345)

Aug 16, 2001, 5:06 PM
Post #12 of 17 (1215 views)
Shortcut

same again. I can post ok under my name, but when I get to the control panels, it asks me to log in due to an invalid password, and even after logging in, it asks me to do it again.

Don't pull low, unless you are
Alex@SkydiveUPSC.com

phatcat

Aug 21, 2001, 7:25 PM
Post #13 of 17 (1199 views)
Shortcut

HH, I have the same problem. I can roam DZ.com all I want but when I go to the control panel I get invalid password. I have IE 5.5, and i've been able to get into it until today, August 21, if that helps at all. I'm not trying to bitch though, I love your site! Just trying to help out as much as a computer illiterate whore can.

Josh

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" - Helen Keller

Premier phreezone  (D License)
Aug 21, 2001, 9:51 PM
Post #14 of 17 (1196 views)
Shortcut

What i found to work was to completely log out of your DZ.com session then resign in. It works for me again.

Do I HAVE to do another raft dive??? Smile

paddyFrenchman  (D 447)

Aug 22, 2001, 2:24 AM
Post #15 of 17 (1192 views)
Shortcut

same as the rest,

logged in, try to access the control panel and I get a message saying incorrect password for username...
wierd.

zelda  (Student)

Aug 23, 2001, 3:01 AM
Post #16 of 17 (1179 views)
Shortcut

admin test

Premier sangiro
Head Honcho
Aug 23, 2001, 1:43 PM
Post #17 of 17 (1173 views)
Shortcut

Zelda - how did you resolve this? There are a few people with the same problem and I'm having a hard time to pin down a single way of resolving this. Your expereince can help....

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Forums : Dropzone.com : Error and Bug Reports

Search for (options)