Forums: Skydiving: Wind Tunnels:
1st CANADIAN Wind Tunnel ready to open!

NewClearSports

Feb 27, 2008, 12:27 AM
Post #1 of 7 (2459 views)
Shortcut
1st CANADIAN Wind Tunnel ready to open! Can't Post

We are in training now to be instructors at the brand new tunnel in Niagara Falls.

It's not a skyventure, but it's still alot of fun!

Should be open any day.

http://www.niagarafreefall.com/

drudchen  (D 31359)

Feb 27, 2008, 6:22 PM
Post #2 of 7 (2333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NewClearSports] 1st CANADIAN Wind Tunnel ready to open! [In reply to] Can't Post

Clicky: http://www.niagarafreefall.com/

Awesome.

About time! It's been a couple of years since their website was saying "opening soon".

I might just come up when it's open, and get some tunnel time. Anyone knows what the prices are going to be? I sure hope that it's cheaper than skyventure (newhampshire for example) seeing as niagara tunnel is slower and smaller.

(This post was edited by drudchen on Feb 27, 2008, 6:28 PM)

scootstevens  (C License)

Feb 29, 2008, 5:59 PM
Post #3 of 7 (2227 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drudchen] 1st CANADIAN Wind Tunnel ready to open! [In reply to] Can't Post

Will the slower tunnel speed make it harder to learn head down and other freeflying?

scootstevens  (C License)

Feb 29, 2008, 6:01 PM
Post #4 of 7 (2225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NewClearSports] 1st CANADIAN Wind Tunnel ready to open! [In reply to] Can't Post

We are in training now to be instructors at the brand new tunnel in Niagara Falls.

In reply to:
Are any of you accomplished freeflyers?

NewClearSports

Mar 2, 2008, 9:04 PM
Post #5 of 7 (2126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scootstevens] 1st CANADIAN Wind Tunnel ready to open! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea, right now it tops out at about 125 mph.
I,d say you need 150+ to freefly in a regular freefly suit. Our trainers can do head down while carving, but definetly couldn;t hold a stable head down. Sit fly can be done with a BIG suit.

The owners are already talking about some mods that can add some wind speed. How much more I'm not sure, but possibly in the near future they could have verticle flight.

RossDagley  (C 950932)

Mar 8, 2008, 2:16 AM
Post #6 of 7 (2005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scootstevens] 1st CANADIAN Wind Tunnel ready to open! [In reply to] Can't Post

Why do you ask that? Several tunnels I know of prefer total non-jumpers for new instructors over established skydivers...

likearock  (D 24640)

Mar 8, 2008, 4:42 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RossDagley] 1st CANADIAN Wind Tunnel ready to open! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Why do you ask that? Several tunnels I know of prefer total non-jumpers for new instructors over established skydivers...

You can be an accomplished freeflier without doing freefly in the sky, without ever making a jump. That's pretty obvious to anyone who's spent any time in the tunnel. However, not all tunnel instructors have the same amount of freefly skills.

The question is: do any of your instructors have solid freefly skills?

Forums : Skydiving : Wind Tunnels

Search for (options)