Forums: Skydiving: Wind Tunnels:
Windtunnel Xanadu, Meadowlands in New Jersey NFW!!!

gravityizsexy  (D 209095)

Jan 7, 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #1 of 9 (3932 views)
Shortcut
Windtunnel Xanadu, Meadowlands in New Jersey NFW!!! Can't Post

What would be really noice is if they opened tunnels in/on chelsea pier in NY and the twins at the BIGGEST MALL IN THE WORLD!!! Xanadu complex in NJ. construction continues and projected operating date is in FALL of '08, however environmentalist and economists aren't too optomisitc about the sites sustainability due to the already dense, and congested overpopulation. but wouldn't it be neat?!

does anyone else have some light to shed on the prodjects of NJ, and NY?

P.S. - Betsey Barnhouse rocks mwah socks!

panzwami  (D License)

Jan 8, 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #2 of 9 (3827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gravityizsexy] Windtunnel Xanadu, Meadowlands in New Jersey NFW!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

No kidding. I'm at Chelsea Piers at least twice a week and would love to have a tunnel there. Unfortunately, I emailed Skyventure in August and got the following response:

"That project (Chelsea Piers) at this time is not going to happen. The closest tunnel will be at the meadowlands new project (Xanadu) and should open early 09."

Ah well....

-m

Jan 8, 2008, 4:39 PM
Post #3 of 9 (3792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [panzwami] Windtunnel Xanadu, Meadowlands in New Jersey NFW!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

WHAOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no shit, iz like 5min from manhatten!! Im dreaming

nopurpose  (Student)

Jan 17, 2008, 4:41 AM
Post #4 of 9 (3679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gravityizsexy] Windtunnel Xanadu, Meadowlands in New Jersey NFW!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Xanadu is gonna be sick! Drop my GF off at the mall, then snowboard and tunnel all on the same rainy day in the middle of the summer! I'm just worried about how crowded that place is gonna be. I know its huge, but has anyone seen Six Flags in the last couple of years? There are way to many people in NJ.

Jan 25, 2008, 11:45 PM
Post #5 of 9 (3541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nopurpose] Windtunnel Xanadu, Meadowlands in New Jersey NFW!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bank baby!!, seriously though, they need to finish!

shah269  (A 59581)

May 17, 2011, 12:51 PM
Post #6 of 9 (2333 views)
Shortcut

Any word on this?
Rumor had it that this was a dead project.
that the tunnel was being sold off to Vegas?
Any info?

jrmrangers  (B 36060)

May 17, 2011, 5:25 PM
Post #7 of 9 (2302 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shah269] Windtunnel Xanadu, Meadowlands in New Jersey NFW!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

the project was in the news recently, i didnt catch what was said, but i drove past it last week and it was lit up at night so maaybe theres still hope! It would be awesome for me im only about 40 mins away from it!

emmiwy  (B 33982)

May 22, 2011, 8:12 PM
Post #8 of 9 (2233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shah269] Windtunnel Xanadu, Meadowlands in New Jersey NFW!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Any word on this?
Rumor had it that this was a dead project.
that the tunnel was being sold off to Vegas?
Any info?

Maybe 2 months ago I got a preview from the VP of Operations for Skyventure, Trevor Thompson, for blueprints/walkthrough for the NJ tunnel. It looked like there will be a double tunnel setup similar to iFly Dubai...I think he said that they're still putting through the paperwork to get the land settlement before they break ground.

shah269  (A 59581)

Jun 6, 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #9 of 9 (2121 views)
Shortcut
Re: [emmiwy] Windtunnel Xanadu, Meadowlands in New Jersey NFW!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

a double tunnel?
So what two 3m tunnels?
Sounds like good fun for the kids....not much fun for any one else.
Well such is life I guess.

(This post was edited by shah269 on Jun 6, 2011, 12:54 PM)

Forums : Skydiving : Wind Tunnels

Search for (options)