Forums: Community: Blue Skies - In Memory Of:
Ode to my friend Joe

greybeard  (A 12881)

Nov 30, 2007, 3:16 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1903 views)
Shortcut
Ode to my friend Joe Can't Post

Joseph Lambright passed last week, after a skydiving incident. I thought as a tough guy, I'd be over it by now.

I'm not over it. Help me.

Joe cared about me. Joe cared about all of his family and friends. Joe cared that we would all care about each other.

Damned old hippie.

Joe mentored me in CF and showed me how relaxed and confortable CF can and should be. Joe was a guenius in controled CF building.

Mark

rushmc  (No License)

Nov 30, 2007, 3:31 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greybeard] Ode to my friend Joe [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Joseph Lambright passed last week, after a skydiving incident. I thought as a tough guy, I'd be over it by now.

I'm not over it. Help me.

Joe cared about me. Joe cared about all of his family and friends. Joe cared that we would all care about each other.

Damned old hippie.

Joe mentored me in CF and showed me how relaxed and confortable CF can and should be. Joe was a guenius in controled CF building.

Mark

Sit in your most comfortable chair. Relax and close your eyes. See his face and hear his words. Remember some of the best times. Remember the times he helped you and others. Feel warm in those memories and then wish others could have known him as you have. And then smile for those times.

He is not gone. He is a part of you. Because of that, he cant be gone.

Peace my friend. We all have to say goodby to some of those we love.

MarcUnimpressed

greybeard  (A 12881)

Nov 30, 2007, 3:41 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1859 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rushmc] Ode to my friend Joe [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks bro

Snowwhite

Dec 1, 2007, 6:44 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1670 views)
Shortcut

We owe it to the people who have been good to us, to share that gift with others. In doing that, their memories are honored and their lives and lessons are not lost.
Share what you have learned from Joe with the up and comers.

sundevil777  (D License)

Jan 26, 2013, 10:51 PM
Post #5 of 5 (641 views)
Shortcut

I got to thinking about Joe due to getting in touch with another old friend that was very close to him. I met Joe in the early 80s. My memory is that he was always smiling, always fun to hang with and you didn't want to miss his stories.

Forums : Community : Blue Skies - In Memory Of

Search for (options)