Forums: International: Foro de Salto libre:
BASE jumping en Yucatan (Riviera Maya)

Ghetto

Nov 27, 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1243 views)
Shortcut
BASE jumping en Yucatan (Riviera Maya) Can't Post

Hola!

Viajaré al Riviera Maya este Enero por 2 o 3 meses. Viviré en Playa del Carmen, pero no me molesta a viajar al otros partes de la yucatan para saltar.

Hay algun lugares para saltar en Cancun, por ejemplo algun edificios muy altos? Blush

Lo siento si yo tenga español mal, yo he estado aprender por solo 3 meses. Puedes me corrijan si lo que escribí esta equivocado?

Gracias a todo Smile

p.s. Además, si algun de ustedes que vives cerca de allí disfrutes buceo, debemos encontrarnos!

el_chester  (D 58)

Dec 8, 2007, 5:51 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ghetto] BASE jumping en Yucatan (Riviera Maya) [In reply to] Can't Post

you should look up Gabo (Gabriel Ruiz), he's amongst the most experienced mexican basejumpers and has jumped all over the country. he signs as gabo on the base jumping forums, alghouth I do not remember his user name. if you don't find him through there, pm me for his email.

all of the yucatán peninsula is flatter than florida (and that's very flat!)

living in yucatan you'll be out of luck with natural drops unless you jump into a "cenote" - a water pool surrounded by vertical walls (though probably none is much higher than 100 feet, so it'd be a crash into the water slowed down by a parachute more than a basejump).

as for the hotels in cancun... given that it's an area hit by hurricanes, most are not too high. i doubt there is any over 15 stories high from what i remember from my visits. also, for the same reason, they are for the most part built in steppy pyramidal shapes to deflect wind.

there might be some antennas for you?

as i said before, contact gabo, he'll have your answers.

Ghetto

Dec 9, 2007, 5:22 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [el_chester] BASE jumping en Yucatan (Riviera Maya) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the tip. I met Gabo at the GFGames, but If I recall correctly, he and his crew were mostly from Mexico City.. but I could be wrong. I'll probably try to get in touch once I'm down there and settled in.

From my visit in July, it seems that most of their A's are really short too. O well, I'm sure I'll be able to keep myself occupied enough by scuba diving, learning spanish, and trying to stay out of jail Wink

Thanks for the help Smile

Forums : International : Foro de Salto libre

Search for (options)