Forums: Community: Skydivers with Disabilities:
Lower Left Leg Amputation

stuntedflyer  (E 2177)

Nov 18, 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1247 views)
Shortcut
Lower Left Leg Amputation Can't Post

Hi,

Due to injuries sustained after having a canopy collapse (due to dust devil), and the resulting surgery/procedures not giving successful healing, I am contemplating an amputation of my lower left leg.

I know various advice, comments and guidance have been given elsewhere in this forum, on similar, but I'm asking for tips/advice/suggestions etc here.

There's one other guy who is actually a fulltime skydiver here in Oz, who has the same amputation that I talk to and gain advice etc from. He has over 10,000 jumps does Tandems and the lot, and is a great source of info. I'm just looking for others perspectives as well.

I'd like to return to not only being a sport jumper, but doing AFF and Tandems again as well.

All thoughtful advice welcome....

Cheers,
Corey.

mx757  (C License)

Nov 18, 2007, 5:08 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1228 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stuntedflyer] Lower Left Leg Amputation [In reply to] Can't Post

I think your talking of "Worm" the other amputee tandem master / skydiver.

it's up to you to have the amputation. sounds like leg isn't healing... no reason why you can't skydive after a leg amuptation... lot of the Pieces of Eight amputee skydivers are leg amputees.

stuntedflyer  (E 2177)

Nov 19, 2007, 1:40 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mx757] Lower Left Leg Amputation [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep, I was referring to Worm.

I'm kind of looking for "tips and techniques", things to watch out for if and when I get the amputation, as far as getting back in the sky goes.

Cheers,
Corey.

Forums : Community : Skydivers with Disabilities

Search for (options)