Username: xenex - Classifieds Buyer Scam Can't Post

The following scam has been reported:

Quote:
-------Original Message-------
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 07:52:39 +0000
Subject: Dropzone.com Classifieds - Response to your Ad
To:

Hi,

On 7-Oct-2007 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username =xenex

Name =Xenile Jason

FromEmail =xenexnav25@aim.com

City =Dagenham

Country =UK

Comments =Hi
my name is Xenile i'm from Dagenham UK, i am emailin you to know what is the condition of your (Space 170) and also is the $700 placed on it a fixed price ? i will be responsible for the Shipping so can i pay $690 ? if there is any more picture i wouldn't mind to have them.
kindly get back to me at xenexnav25@aim.com with any additional informations
Thanks
Xenile.

Click here to read more about these kind of scams.

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

bcmin  (A License)

Oct 9, 2007, 5:37 PM
Post #2 of 6 (3370 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sangiro] Username: xenex - Classifieds Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't get it. What makes this one a scam?

hurrikanejae  (D 29738)

Oct 9, 2007, 9:23 PM
Post #3 of 6 (3350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bcmin] Username: xenex - Classifieds Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

indeed, i see nothing that makes this even remotely like a scam..the guy just asked if he could get 10 bucks off to balance the shipping cost....shessshhh guess i should stop asking people to negotiate their prices before im called a scam Frown

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Oct 9, 2007, 11:03 PM
Post #4 of 6 (3344 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hurrikanejae] Username: xenex - Classifieds Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

I have recieved the same responce to an add I place.
Quote:
On 6-Oct-2007 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => xenex

URL => http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=53983&d=1

Name => Xenile Jason

FromEmail => xenexnav25@aim.com

City => Dagenham

Country => UK

Comments => Hi
my name is Xenile i'm from Dagenham UK, i am emailin you to know what is the condition of your (Complete Rig) and also is the $1700 placed on it a fixed price ? i will be responsible for the Shipping so can i pay $1690 ? if there is any more picture i wouldn't mind to have them.
kindly get back to me at xenexnav25@aim.com with any additional informations
Thanks
Xenile.

Something about it does not seem right.

Sparky

Premier Remster  (C License)

Oct 10, 2007, 9:08 AM
Post #5 of 6 (3331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bcmin] Username: xenex - Classifieds Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I don't get it. What makes this one a scam?

Ther are a few tells. I'm not sure I want to post them here, but the reply is obviously made with a parser.

jniyork  (B 30177)

Oct 19, 2007, 1:46 PM
Post #6 of 6 (3223 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Remster] Username: xenex - Classifieds Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

This is definitely a scam. I have the same emails and he wanted to send excess money to have me forward to the shipper. He sent me 4 money orders that were $990 each. The post office said they were fake and took them. Lucky for me I didnt send out the rig so I am out nothing. If they were to cash them when they figured out they were fake they would have come after me and I would have been out of a rig and $4k. By the way I am selling the rig for $1300 and he sent me $3960.

Forums : Dropzone.com : Security and Scam Alerts

Search for (options)