Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Centaurus

jhus

Jul 24, 2001, 3:58 PM
Post #1 of 4 (939 views)
Shortcut
Centaurus Can't Post

Anyone know much about the centaurus containers. Particuliarly, any reason not to buy a used one?

DBTECH  (B 21186)

Jul 24, 2001, 9:22 PM
Post #2 of 4 (921 views)
Shortcut
Re: Centaurus [In reply to] Can't Post

A friend of mine has an original Centaurus with only 200 jumps on it. (160 nine cell main & a 20 foot round reserve. (Not TSO'd for a square reserve) This rig is in ultra mint condition, and is for sale.
(earth tone colors) (The rig was custom built for him--He's 5' 9" and 140 lbs.) (SF bay area)

The Centaurus was originally built by Troy Lenoy in Colorado. He sold out to North American Aerodynamics maybe around 86-not sure. You can tell by the riser covers--original rigs did not have full riser covers, while the newer rigs had full riser covers.

The original Centaurus was a great rig--I don't have much input on the late model Centaurus, but I would think that John Higgins would uphold the quality of the original rig. Also, the newer rig would be TSO'd for a square reserve.

Just my .02c worth

Dave Brownell

Mesa, AZ

<FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by DBTECH on 7/25/01 00:20 AM.</EM></FONT>

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Jul 25, 2001, 11:06 AM
Post #3 of 4 (889 views)
Shortcut

jhus,
You have to be specific about which year this Centaurus was built.
The design has been through so many re-designs since Troy Loney sold it to North American Aerodynamics that current production has no parts common with earlier Centauri.

jhus

Jul 25, 2001, 12:31 PM
Post #4 of 4 (881 views)
Shortcut

It is an older model- about '88 or so.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)