Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
It's Official!!!

homer  (C 35146)

Nov 24, 2002, 5:29 PM
Post #1 of 10 (1204 views)
Shortcut
It's Official!!! Can't Post

The second annual cancer survivors boogie will be held at Spaceland on Tuesday April 29- Thursday May 1, 2003 followed by the POPS 60+ way Texas state record attempts Friday May 2- Sunday May 4,2003. There are already 42 registered cancer survivors signed up.Smile

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Nov 25, 2002, 10:44 AM
Post #2 of 10 (1125 views)
Shortcut
Re: [homer] It's Official!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Was that a boogie that they wrote up in Parachutists this year? It sounds like a really positive boogie to go to.

flyangel2

Nov 25, 2002, 11:43 AM
Post #3 of 10 (1114 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] It's Official!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Was that a boogie that they wrote up in Parachutists this year? It sounds like a really positive boogie to go to.

Yes, and a good time was had by all. I suggest that anyone, cancer survivor or not, come to the event. Tony did a great job organizing the event and the positive vibe was like electricity. Not to mention how nice it was to meet other cancer survivors and share experiences. Only another survivor can relate to the humor and the sorrow experienced while going through cancer treatments. It was great meeting all those people that had the same fighting spirit I had. Smile Close bonds and friendships where formed. I'll be there again.

homer  (C 35146)

Nov 25, 2002, 11:58 AM
Post #4 of 10 (1107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyangel2] It's Official!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mary- I've already been pricing plane tickets for the event Smile I can't wait. Just wish it was after 17 May after my 25 B-day so I wont have to pay an extra $200+ for the under 25 high risk fees on a rent-a-car.

flyangel2

Nov 25, 2002, 12:03 PM
Post #5 of 10 (1103 views)
Shortcut

Well, since I'm well over 25, and no I won't tell my real age, I'd be willing to do the rental and we can split the cost.

TequilaGirl  (C 32240)

Nov 26, 2002, 11:23 AM
Post #6 of 10 (1042 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyangel2] It's Official!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

When it gets closer to the event - I am sure some of us Houston folks - can arrange rides to and from the airport........Wink

flyangel2

Nov 26, 2002, 12:32 PM
Post #7 of 10 (1032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TequilaGirl] It's Official!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great idea, thanks. That would sure save Tony some time, since he's so busy trying to organize the event. (last time the event happen, poor Tony spent more time picking and dropping jumpers off at the airport.) Not to mention save some of us out of towners money on car rentals.Wink

homer  (C 35146)

Nov 26, 2002, 12:41 PM
Post #8 of 10 (1026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TequilaGirl] It's Official!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

That would rock Smile I plan on spending a couple of days at Skydive Houston before heading to Spaceland for the boogie. I would have no problem renting a car, except the boogie is 3 weeks before my 25th B-day so I will have to pay an additional $25 a day for the high risk fees.Frown 11 days with an additional $25 will more than double the cost.

Oh what kind of camping facilities does Skydive Houston and Spaceland have? I plan on ruffing it.

AggieDave  (D License)

Nov 26, 2002, 12:43 PM
Post #9 of 10 (1025 views)
Shortcut

Spaceland just built bunkrooms a while back, but you'll have to buy expensive supplies from a C-store since Spaceland is in BFE. Waller (SD H-town) is a bit better off with having stores close by, but it doesn't really have bunk rooms.

Kris  (D 26033)

Nov 26, 2002, 7:42 PM
Post #10 of 10 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AggieDave] It's Official!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Spaceland just built bunkrooms a while back, but you'll have to buy expensive supplies from a C-store since Spaceland is in BFE. Waller (SD H-town) is a bit better off with having stores close by, but it doesn't really have bunk rooms.

Oh, c'mon...Waller was comfy. I slept in a nice, leather, warm....ohhh...wait a minute. That was my car I slept in. Nevermind.Wink

I did have a lot of fun at Waller, though and will definitely have to hit it again this winter when the weather is freezing in OK.

Kris

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)