Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
...Cal City Rookie

IEJuggalo  (C License)

Jun 24, 2007, 9:40 PM
Post #1 of 6 (533 views)
Shortcut
...Cal City Rookie Can't Post

...I did my first tandem in California City almost a month and a half ago. I have been back twice since to finish my tandem progression and move on to my AFF. I am sooo excited and nervous at the same time I get dragonflies in my stomach. I race dirt bikes in the california desert and love the feeling of a good adrenal rush. I never expected what I was in for when I tried this. My wife has two tandems under here belt, but is going to wait a bit to see how it goes. She might be doing a few more tandems before attempting the lisence. I am starting my AFF jumps on saturday the 30th, and hope to get 5 jumps in by the ened of the weekend.
Now, for my home DZ. CAL CITY RULES! The people, the program, the brotherhood (and sisterhood), are all so cool. They let me bring in my toy hauler and camp with them at the Peckerhead Meat last month and I made so many new friends. Hope to make a few here. PEACE! Blue skies! P.S. My name is Dean-O

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jun 25, 2007, 4:53 AM
Post #2 of 6 (516 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IEJuggalo] ...Cal City Rookie [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile Good luck on your training. That's great that your wife enjoys her tandems too. I just saw your dz on tv over the weekend on a new show where they show guys proposing to their girls. There's a lotta dirt out there in your landing area!

IEJuggalo  (C License)

Jun 25, 2007, 7:01 PM
Post #3 of 6 (447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] ...Cal City Rookie [In reply to] Can't Post

...yes, dirt we have and lots of it. Sure love it. We have a lot of room to practice landings. This DZ has been on alot of shows. I hope everything goes as planned. Being so new to this, it is still very frightening. I love it.

IEJuggalo  (C License)

Jun 28, 2007, 4:04 PM
Post #4 of 6 (425 views)
Shortcut

...anybody here ever jump California city?

SmithFRobert  (D 14932)

Jul 5, 2007, 8:40 PM
Post #5 of 6 (401 views)
Shortcut

I saw your post and I think I remember meeting you and you hooked me up with some food. I also go under the name of ALTI-BOB and also SMITTY. Good luck with your training. I use to work there and have lots of good memories from Cal City. Great people around there. Plus, It is the home of the Flying Peckerheads!!!!

IEJuggalo  (C License)

Jul 11, 2007, 6:43 PM
Post #6 of 6 (386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SmithFRobert] ...Cal City Rookie [In reply to] Can't Post

...I was out at the Peckerhaed Meat this year, man what a party. I remember you. Good times to come. What a sport. I have started my AFF, and am rolling right through. Boy that hop & pop sure was interesting on the gut.lol. I hope to see you soon.

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)