Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
Woooooooooo!

danvan  (C 4897)

Nov 5, 2002, 1:44 PM
Post #1 of 9 (1232 views)
Shortcut
Woooooooooo! Can't Post

Hi everyone.

My name's Daniel, I'm 24, from Sydney Australia, work in the network operations of a major ISP, I'm very new here at dropzone.com and still relatively new to the sport (13 jumps so far).

I have just finished my AFF this weekend just gone, at Sydney Skydivers. I would like to thank EVERYONE at Sydney Skydivers, especially Andrew Snow (for having a fast fall rate too, thus jumping with me on 5 of my AFF stages), Elise Vale (for all the support and encouragement) and Mick Hill (for pulling my rip cord on my first jump when I lost height awareness ;-) ).

I can see this sport consuming a lot of my time, and a lot of my money, and changing my life forever (even more than it already has). I can't stop thinking about it! WOOOOOHOOOO! :)

Can anyone recommend any good skydiving/basejumping videos or DVDs (preferably available locally in Australia)?

Blue Skies,
Daniel V

(p.s. If anyone knows of any second hand equipment for sale in Sydney that would suit a big guy - 95kg, 6'1" - or can think of anywhere I should try looking - please email me danvan@dropzone.com. Thanks.)

CanuckInUSA  (D 26396)

Nov 5, 2002, 2:11 PM
Post #2 of 9 (1216 views)
Shortcut
Re: [danvan] Woooooooooo! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure of it's available down under, but I would highly recommend Break-Away "http://www.dropzone.com/gear/Detailed/177.html" as an excellent video to review your emergency procedures with.

(This post was edited by CanuckInUSA on Nov 5, 2002, 2:12 PM)

ernokaikkonen  (D 12)

Nov 6, 2002, 12:09 AM
Post #3 of 9 (1159 views)
Shortcut

Hey Dan, if you're online in the (your) evening, check out the "Non-americans" thread in TalkBack. The thread has nothing to do with excluding anyone, it's just that the people there usually are online while (most of) the americans are asleep... There's a bunch of people there from Europe, Africa and Australia...

And oh yeah, welcome to the sport and the forums!Smile

Premier sangiro
Head Honcho
Nov 6, 2002, 2:44 AM
Post #4 of 9 (1152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ernokaikkonen] Woooooooooo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome Dan!

Hope you enjoy Dropzone.com. There are loads of places and forums for you to explore and dig into. Browse around and you'll learn a lot...

Quote:
The thread has nothing to do with excluding anyone
People have to say this out loud to constantly convince themselves....

bluefingers  (A 6218)

Nov 6, 2002, 3:03 AM
Post #5 of 9 (1148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sangiro] Woooooooooo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue no man! It's just cos when we tell people to come to the thread others think we've got a clique going or somethingLaughTongue

skymick  (E License)

Nov 6, 2002, 5:01 AM
Post #6 of 9 (1129 views)
Shortcut

Try a Fistfull of F1-11, its got a lot of BASE from oz and around the world, lotsa BASE bloopers (the guy hitting the Petoria tower under a canopy with line twists is an absolute pisser), theres a bit of vintage BASE from the westgate bridge and a bit of stuff from the XLR8 boys. (http://www.blincmagazine.com)

deaffreeflyer  (C 102376)

Nov 6, 2002, 5:33 AM
Post #7 of 9 (1124 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to skydiving world!

Click this link Totalcontrol.com.au for videos. I recommend 'CrossWind' - it's so awesome and excellent to start with. 'Olav' and 'Evolution' are main freeflying - people who doing sitflying, headdown etc... Plenty of breathtaking moves in it.

Enjoy and be careful!

skreamer

Nov 6, 2002, 9:23 AM
Post #8 of 9 (1101 views)
Shortcut

You can buy Joe Jenning's Good Stuff on DVD for only $20US. Even with the postage to Australia that is still a bargain (my copy arrived in London exactly a week after I ordered). As long as your DVD is multi-region you shouldn't have any worries playing it.

Will

danvan  (C 4897)

Nov 15, 2002, 5:38 AM
Post #9 of 9 (1031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skreamer] Woooooooooo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for all the warm greets and suggestions.

So far I have bought "BASEclimb & BASEclimb 2" on DVD which is a good (Australian) documentary, but not very exciting. I also bought a BASE/freeflying video through a friend called "Standard Issue", which is awesome. I have a copy of "Good Stuff" ordered, which I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of. I'm going to look at getting some of the others mentioned here soon, but the prices are a bit restrictive (AU$100 for a VHS from totalcontrol.com.au is a bit steep).

I have also checked out quite a few from ftp.skydivingmovies.com.

Thanks again,
Daniel

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)