Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
Damn the English weather!!!

14000andfalling  (Student)

Mar 24, 2007, 6:46 PM
Post #1 of 8 (650 views)
Shortcut
Damn the English weather!!! Can't Post

Finally the day came today for me to take my RAPS Static-Line ground school!
The course was great, and seeing the rig and trying it on reminded me of the tandem...Only much cooler!
Passed the course ok and got my Student BPS license, only to be told that we can't jump today because the weather in this country SUCKS.Mad
I'm not deterred though, as soon as I get my next sunday off i'll be the first one through the DZ gates and get my name on the manifest...My time will come!

pincheck  (C 105040)

Mar 24, 2007, 9:38 PM
Post #2 of 8 (614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [14000andfalling] Damn the English weather!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

good for you mate Smile The weather is a bugger in this country but if you turn up and get your free retrain i bet once that 1st jump is under your belt you will be off and running for another LaughHave fun and stay safe WinkSmile

Joellercoaster  (D 105792)

Mar 25, 2007, 5:07 AM
Post #3 of 8 (576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pincheck] Damn the English weather!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, what he said.

It's not the best even when it's good, but we do get the odd jumpable weekend later in the year. Enjoy your training, you only get to do it once then it's gone!

March sucks.

pincheck  (C 105040)

Mar 25, 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #4 of 8 (528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Joellercoaster] Damn the English weather!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

you forgot April sucks, may sucks...................................LaughLaughLaugh

(This post was edited by pincheck on Mar 25, 2007, 11:32 AM)

Joellercoaster  (D 105792)

Mar 25, 2007, 12:09 PM
Post #5 of 8 (524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pincheck] Damn the English weather!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah but they have long weekends in them; you can go to Spain. Thus they suck less than March Cool

Dazzle  (D 100794)

Mar 25, 2007, 2:01 PM
Post #6 of 8 (501 views)
Shortcut

March generally sucks for weather, April isn't much better but then summer kicks in.

If you regularly get to the DZ then you will get to jump.

Nice thing about starting now is that you have the whole summer ahead of you, beats starting in September!

14000andfalling  (Student)

Mar 25, 2007, 7:05 PM
Post #7 of 8 (478 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dazzle] Damn the English weather!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You're right there, onlydownside being my DZ is only open Sundays and I work shifts which means I only get one off a month!!!
I think after the first two or three jumps I might have to change to Headcorn DZ as it's a little closer and they're open weekdays.
I did toy with the idea of saving up to go to Spain for an AFF course, but i've really got the bug and want to get jumping asap.

Eule  (Student)

Mar 27, 2007, 7:51 AM
Post #8 of 8 (423 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Passed the course ok and got my Student BPS license, only to be told that we can't jump today because the weather in this country SUCKS.Mad

Go here. LHR goes in the first box. LAX, PHX, or MCO are good choices for the second box. :)

Eule

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)