Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
New Girl From South Africa Soon To be In The Sky!

Nikki_vZ

Mar 22, 2007, 5:32 PM
Post #1 of 25 (852 views)
Shortcut
New Girl From South Africa Soon To be In The Sky! Can't Post

Well it's 2:24 am here at the moment, can't really sleep Wink so I thought I would make my 1ste post Smile

I'm starting my static line training tomorrow and I'm really excited about it! It has been a dream of mine to skydive for a while now and the day has finally approached!

The dropzone I’m going to for my training unfortunately don’t have a AFF course option at the moment, but in a lot of ways I think maybe static will work out better for me (seeing as I’m a student and a bit low on the income) and as well the pass is slower so maybe its easier to “get into the whole thing”

So wish me luck for tomorrow! And im writing exams too so I guess I should be off to bed now Unsure

Oh btw this site is really awesome and it has answered a lot of my questions and steered me in the right direction!

Well done! Keep up the good work!

Peej  (B 2456)

Mar 22, 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #2 of 25 (833 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nikki_vZ] New Girl From South Africa Soon To be In The Sky! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Nikki, welcome to the forums! Smile There are quite a few of us South Africans here on the forums. So where will you be doing your SL training?

Take it easy
PJ

Nikki_vZ

Mar 23, 2007, 1:52 AM
Post #3 of 25 (829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Peej] New Girl From South Africa Soon To be In The Sky! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the warm welcome Peej! Tongue

I'm doing my training at Bloemfontein Skydiving Centre, Tempe Airfield.

starting tonight at half past 6Wink

Peej  (B 2456)

Mar 23, 2007, 1:56 AM
Post #4 of 25 (825 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nikki_vZ] New Girl From South Africa Soon To be In The Sky! [In reply to] Can't Post

No worries Wink

Bloem? Excellent! I have a friend named Charl who does tandems out that way. Enjoy the training and even more so the jump!

piisfish

Mar 23, 2007, 3:31 AM
Post #5 of 25 (822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Peej] New Girl From South Africa Soon To be In The Sky! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Bloem? Excellent! I have a friend named Charl who does tandems out that way. Enjoy the training and even more so the jump! And after that come and jump at JSC
Completed your thoughts Laugh

Nikki, enjoy the good times and the flights in your BLU plane Tongue

Peej  (B 2456)

Mar 23, 2007, 4:40 AM
Post #6 of 25 (819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piisfish] New Girl From South Africa Soon To be In The Sky! [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha, exactly!

But ZS-BLU belongs to Nyslstroom Skydivers, Bloem is a Cessna

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Mar 23, 2007, 5:10 AM
Post #7 of 25 (817 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the forums! Smile Make sure you tell us how your first jump went!

piisfish

Mar 23, 2007, 5:43 AM
Post #8 of 25 (811 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
But ZS-BLU belongs to Nyslstroom Skydivers, Bloem is a Cessna
ooops my bad Angelic

That would be a hell of an out landing Laugh

Nikki_vZ

Mar 23, 2007, 5:44 AM
Post #9 of 25 (811 views)
Shortcut

Yea i know who Charl is Wink he's the one that's going to give the training. Spoke to him a couple of times on the phone, really easy going, cool person

I actually did consider doing a tandem at 1ste but decided agasint it. In the long run doing the training is going to work out better for me, seeing as skydiving is really something i want to pursue Tongue

Nikki_vZ

Mar 23, 2007, 5:47 AM
Post #10 of 25 (810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piisfish] New Girl From South Africa Soon To be In The Sky! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks! i know i will enjoy the experience, fear is a good thing sometimes, just hope i don't completely freak out! Unimpressed lol

(This post was edited by Nikki_vZ on Mar 23, 2007, 5:49 AM)

Nikki_vZ

Mar 23, 2007, 5:51 AM
Post #11 of 25 (808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] New Girl From South Africa Soon To be In The Sky! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the welcome Skymama! Wink

i will sure let you know how it goes, and keep you posted on my progress Cool

Peej  (B 2456)

Mar 23, 2007, 6:18 AM
Post #12 of 25 (803 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

*Nodding head vigorously* UH HUH! Laugh

Peej  (B 2456)

Mar 23, 2007, 6:24 AM
Post #13 of 25 (801 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Yea i know who Charl is Wink

Cool! Tell him i said hi. Not long now! Cool

piisfish

Mar 23, 2007, 6:54 AM
Post #14 of 25 (798 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:
*Nodding head vigorously* UH HUH! Laugh
That's the way I'd like to travel. Fly around, jump where you think might be suitable, pack, repeat Smile

Orange1  (B License)

Mar 23, 2007, 9:37 AM
Post #15 of 25 (794 views)
Shortcut

Hey Nikki

welcome & enjoy the training... by all means go jump the porter at JSC but come and enjoy the great view down in the cape too Wink

Jinxie

Mar 23, 2007, 4:28 PM
Post #16 of 25 (778 views)
Shortcut

Smile Hiya Nikki, how did it go?

traker

Mar 23, 2007, 9:59 PM
Post #17 of 25 (770 views)
Shortcut

whats up?

hope you enjoy your jump.

This site is great...be wise in your readings, remain skeptical about info and enjoy the sport....once you're in you won't ever want to go back!

Welcome!

Joe

Nikki_vZ

Mar 24, 2007, 8:54 AM
Post #18 of 25 (760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [traker] New Girl From South Africa Soon To be In The Sky! [In reply to] Can't Post

The training went great; it’s an awesome dropzone with really cool people! I had an excellent instructor, couldn’t have asked for better!
As training progressed it freaked me out a bit, Crazy information overload, but once I got the hang of things it was smooth sailing.

Got on to the plane (pretty cramped) with my very fashionable yellow overall Tongue and a ton on my back (I didn’t realize that rigs were so heavy!) It was only me and my friend that were students, the other two guys (other then the jumpmaster) are licensed skydivers. I was very chilled and collected UNTILL the 1ste guy jumped, that was when paranoia started to set in. To watch someone just jump out of an airplane like that was insane!Shocked I have seen a lot of videos but it’s nothing like the real thing (afterwards when I told him he said “but you should have seen my smile right before I jumped!”Cool

I jumped last, had a temporary complete brain fart,Mad but I came around and exited the correct way, my arch was a bit “flat” though, had some line twists. Was a relieve to see the slider sliding down finally!Laugh

Being under the canopy was unbelievable, nothing I have ever experienced before. When I came in to land I shouted at the top of my voice, “WOOHOOO AWESOME!” flaring and then landing smoothly on my feet, with a little stumble, my legs felt like jelly! lol

Spend the whole day at the dropzone, met a lot of new people, can’t wait for next weekend!

I just want to jump again…and again and again!

Thank you for every one that welcomed me to the forums!

Nikki_vZ

Mar 24, 2007, 9:10 AM
Post #19 of 25 (755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Orange1] New Girl From South Africa Soon To be In The Sky! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm defiantly going to try make my rounds at all the dropzones in SA when I finish training! Cool

floridadiver81  (Student)

Mar 24, 2007, 5:28 PM
Post #20 of 25 (739 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
The training went great; it’s an awesome dropzone with really cool people! I had an excellent instructor, couldn’t have asked for better!
As training progressed it freaked me out a bit, Crazy information overload, but once I got the hang of things it was smooth sailing.

Got on to the plane (pretty cramped) with my very fashionable yellow overall Tongue and a ton on my back (I didn’t realize that rigs were so heavy!) It was only me and my friend that were students, the other two guys (other then the jumpmaster) are licensed skydivers. I was very chilled and collected UNTILL the 1ste guy jumped, that was when paranoia started to set in. To watch someone just jump out of an airplane like that was insane!Shocked I have seen a lot of videos but it’s nothing like the real thing (afterwards when I told him he said “but you should have seen my smile right before I jumped!”Cool

I jumped last, had a temporary complete brain fart,Mad but I came around and exited the correct way, my arch was a bit “flat” though, had some line twists. Was a relieve to see the slider sliding down finally!Laugh

Being under the canopy was unbelievable, nothing I have ever experienced before. When I came in to land I shouted at the top of my voice, “WOOHOOO AWESOME!” flaring and then landing smoothly on my feet, with a little stumble, my legs felt like jelly! lol

Spend the whole day at the dropzone, met a lot of new people, can’t wait for next weekend!

Thank you for every one that welcomed me to the forums!

I felt the same feelings you did. my jump went about the same except i didnt have line twist and i compl;etely biffed my landing...lol. Welcome to the forums and im sure ill jump with ya when i start my skydiving world tour when im rich! Cool

Orange1  (B License)

Mar 25, 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #21 of 25 (730 views)
Shortcut

Great to hear you enjoyed it so much! Well, over time the yellow overalls give way to cool custom jumpsuits and the huge weigh-a-ton student rigs to smaller sport ones.. cramped planes, well that you'll have to live with Wink

Quote:

Cool yes i think we all know that feeling! Laugh

Peej  (B 2456)

Mar 26, 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #22 of 25 (711 views)
Shortcut

Congratulations! Cool

Nikki_vZ

Mar 26, 2007, 8:45 AM
Post #23 of 25 (701 views)
Shortcut

Thank you Smile

and thank you to everyone that posted and made me feel welcome! Laugh

kaerodyne

Mar 28, 2007, 9:21 PM
Post #24 of 25 (668 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Thank you Smile

and thank you to everyone that posted and made me feel welcome! Laugh

Nikki, if your looking for a fellow girl skydiver out in Bloem let me know I have a realy close friend that jumps out there, in fact you might have met her already. send me a PM and I'll give you some contact info.

BTW ..... congrats on your jump and welcome to the sky. Bloem is a fun, social and very safe dz.

Blue Skies
Karl

(ex SA Boy working across the pond)

ladyflyer77  (D 28845)

Apr 10, 2007, 1:58 PM
Post #25 of 25 (610 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the madness Nicole.

Don't forget to post in the bonfire and tell us about your upcoming jumps and whatever else you like. Smile

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)