Forums: Skydiving: Wind Tunnels:
I hate wind tunnels

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

piisfish

Feb 7, 2007, 1:25 AM
Post #1 of 28 (2515 views)
Shortcut
I hate wind tunnels Can't Post

They cost too much and are too far away from home.

Wind tunnels are ruining me.

I love and hate them. Unimpressed

chanti  (C 1687)

Feb 12, 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #2 of 28 (2134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piisfish] I hate wind tunnels [In reply to] Can't Post

I second that Unimpressed

Had my first tunnel trip last week (yes, we have to go to another country to get to a wind tunnel!) I'm completely addicted. With the sucky exchange rate of R15 to the pound, I might have to start robbing banks in order to sustain my habit UnimpressedPirate

Jewels  (Student)

Feb 12, 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #3 of 28 (2130 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
They cost too much and are too far away from home.

Worse: They cost too much and are not far from home at all, which makes it MUCH too easy to give into the addiction. Unsure LET'S FLY!! Wink

azdav  (C 35336)

Feb 13, 2007, 7:40 AM
Post #4 of 28 (2017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jewels] I hate wind tunnels [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Worse: They cost too much and are not far from home at all, which makes it MUCH too easy to give into the addiction. LET'S FLY!!

Hello, I'm David and I'm a tunnelholicFrown It's been 36 hrs since I've been in and don't know if I'll make thru the week<sniff, sniff>..... just one day at a time man, one day at a timeTongue

gaillou  (C License)

Feb 13, 2007, 8:40 AM
Post #5 of 28 (2009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [azdav] I hate wind tunnels [In reply to] Can't Post

hellllllllo David...

Jewels  (Student)

Feb 13, 2007, 10:20 AM
Post #6 of 28 (1987 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Hello, I'm David and I'm a tunnelholicFrown It's been 36 hrs since I've been in and don't know if I'll make thru the week<sniff, sniff>..... just one day at a time man, one day at a timeTongue

I'm planning to go tonight. 36 hours . . . that's a long time. Is there a patch for this??? (Not that I would want it; I'm just wondering! Wink)

azdav  (C 35336)

Feb 13, 2007, 11:06 AM
Post #7 of 28 (1979 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Is there a patch for this???
Regrettably noFrown.....Once a tunnelholic, always a tunnelholic. But at least we're not aloneWink

Jewels  (Student)

Feb 13, 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #8 of 28 (1974 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:
Is there a patch for this???
Regrettably noFrown.....Once a tunnelholic, always a tunnelholic. But at least we're not aloneWink

Good thing; I need someone to fly with in there, and I would prefer it to be someone who understands the "problem!" Smile You and I at least live close to our tunnels, though. I can't imagine being far away from one. That would be nasty--cold sweats and such, I'm sure.

azdav  (C 35336)

Feb 13, 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #9 of 28 (1969 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I would prefer it to be someone who understands the "problem!"
Ah yes, a kindred spirit who know the plight of living with the addiction. Knowing the trials of never being able to stray too far from the DZ.

<<Vibes>>To all my bro's and sista's that suffer greatly, being so far from what the truly loveFrown

Jewels  (Student)

Feb 13, 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #10 of 28 (1962 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Ah yes, a kindred spirit who know the plight of living with the addiction. Knowing the trials of never being able to stray too far from the DZ.

<<Vibes>>To all my bro's and sista's that suffer greatly, being so far from what the truly loveFrown

Now, THAT, right there, that's a beautiful Valentine's Day sentiment. Cards like that would sell in a heartbeat.

azdav  (C 35336)

Feb 13, 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #11 of 28 (1960 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
that's a beautiful Valentine's Day sentiment.
OOPS!, I forgot I'm boycotting VdayUnimpressed <shuffles off...crawls back into hole>

brettski74  (C 3197)

Feb 13, 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #12 of 28 (1957 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Is there a patch for this??? (Not that I would want it; I'm just wondering! Wink)

I don't know. I think a patch that allowed to to fly your body in various attitudes without a requirement for a tunnel or aircraft would be extremely cool.

I'll get started on it right away. Tongue

Jewels  (Student)

Feb 13, 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #13 of 28 (1956 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
OOPS!, I forgot I'm boycotting VdayUnimpressed <shuffles off...crawls back into hole>

That's okay, so am I! Smile This is sort of in a different league, though. It's almost more of a sympathy-card kind of thing. . . .

Jewels  (Student)

Feb 13, 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #14 of 28 (1954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brettski74] I hate wind tunnels [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I think a patch that allowed to to fly your body in various attitudes without a requirement for a tunnel or aircraft would be extremely cool.

I'll get started on it right away. Tongue

EXCELLENT! I'm glad someone on here is making good use of their time. Do you have a wind tunnel problem, too?

Stumpy  (C 104288)

Feb 13, 2007, 1:15 PM
Post #15 of 28 (1948 views)
Shortcut

I've gone cold turkey and its hurting LaughTongue

Jewels  (Student)

Feb 13, 2007, 1:18 PM
Post #16 of 28 (1947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Stumpy] I hate wind tunnels [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, man--how long has it been??! Cold turkey, I just can't imagine. I think the guys from my tunnel would probably send the authorities to my home to check on me if I didn't show up for a week or two.

piisfish

Feb 13, 2007, 1:39 PM
Post #17 of 28 (1937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chanti] I hate wind tunnels [In reply to] Can't Post

Last time I forgot my helmet there, so I had to go back and fetch them.. for 80 minutes more Unimpressed

This time I made sure I didn't forget anything.

Jewels  (Student)

Feb 13, 2007, 1:59 PM
Post #18 of 28 (1931 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Last time I forgot my helmet there, so I had to go back and fetch them.. for 80 minutes more Unimpressed

This time I made sure I didn't forget anything.

Ummm, isn't all that efficiency working against your better interests? 80 minutes. That's a rich fantasy in the making, right there.

sartre

Feb 13, 2007, 6:48 PM
Post #19 of 28 (1899 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Oh, man--how long has it been??! Cold turkey, I just can't imagine. I think the guys from my tunnel would probably send the authorities to my home to check on me if I didn't show up for a day or two.

Fixed it for ya Jewels.

Our tunnel's sick tonight.

At least that's what everyone else on the team told me. They're probably out there flying my minutes right now!!!! SON OF A -------------

Jewels  (Student)

Feb 13, 2007, 8:39 PM
Post #20 of 28 (1888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sartre] I hate wind tunnels [In reply to] Can't Post

Blush Oh, yeah. Wink

HEY! If YOU'RE not flying and I'M not flying, that means those guys owe us a lot of minutes!!! I'll bet they don't even feel guilty.

piisfish

Feb 14, 2007, 12:35 AM
Post #21 of 28 (1875 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Ummm, isn't all that efficiency working against your better interests? 80 minutes. That's a rich fantasy in the making, right there.
well I just kinda love & hate them at the same time...

I should maybe post this in the women's forum. You know it's gonna cost a lot, it's gonna hurt a lot, but you just need to go back Laugh

Jewels  (Student)

Feb 14, 2007, 5:41 AM
Post #22 of 28 (1862 views)
Shortcut

ROFL! Oh yes, I totally get that! Smile

djd  (D 10759)

Feb 15, 2007, 3:10 PM
Post #23 of 28 (1788 views)
Shortcut

OK SSHHHHH, (looking craftily over shoulder)...

Ive got small tunnels, big tunnels, tunnels with 1 door and tunnels with none, i got clean tunnels, dirty tunnels, smelly tunnels and down right stinking tunnels... i can even throw in some instructors free for those who want the really good stuff.

not that i would prey on the weak............ but sshhhh can you hear that humm of tubine fans........

........ohhhh just imagine the rush .... of air at 150 mph in a 16ft chamber........

im not a bad person honest........ but i will sell to children........
start the addiction earlier yeah thats the way......

dont tell anyone else but i got some PURE yeah real PURE meet me at bedford.... come alone and if i smell a rat.... thats it the deals off....

Jewels  (Student)

Feb 15, 2007, 8:31 PM
Post #24 of 28 (1745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [djd] I hate wind tunnels [In reply to] Can't Post

ROFL! Wink

You must go by "hooknswoop" or "skycat" here in the U.S. I've DEFINITELY heard this before. (And it works.)

skycat  (D 25740)

Feb 15, 2007, 8:34 PM
Post #25 of 28 (1743 views)
Shortcut

Speaking of crack dealers, I added 10 min to your time Saturday. WinkSly

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Wind Tunnels

Search for (options)