Forums: Archive: 2006-2007 USPA BOD Elections:
Election results

jhgoswitz  (D 8534)

Jan 5, 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #1 of 10 (1897 views)
Shortcut
Election results Can't Post

Headquarters has completed the counting of the ballots and Chris Needels is in the process of contacting the candidates to tell them the results. When they have been contacted the results will be posted on the USPA web site for everyone to see. This should be done later on today.

Thank you all for voting in the Election.

jhgoswitz  (D 8534)

Jan 5, 2007, 2:53 PM
Post #2 of 10 (1832 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jhgoswitz] Election results [In reply to] Can't Post

The results are now posted on the USPA web site.

3331  (D 3331)

Jan 5, 2007, 3:23 PM
Post #3 of 10 (1814 views)
Shortcut

http://www.uspa.org/news/index.htm

MikeTJumps  (D 5957)

Jan 5, 2007, 5:24 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [3331] Election results [In reply to] Can't Post

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS.

I think the vote count is demonstrating absolutely pathetic apathy by its anemia.

It is plain to see that the majority of the membership is only interested in their own jumping and cares not about a true democratic process of elections. Jeez! Less than one in 30 people voted for the biggest vote getter....Sherry Butcher!

ZigZagMarquis  (D License)

Jan 5, 2007, 5:38 PM
Post #5 of 10 (1756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MikeTJumps] Election results [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

...I think the vote count is demonstrating absolutely pathetic apathy by its anemia...

I had a similar reaction, at first, but then I thought to wonder how many ballots were thrown out because they were declaired invalid or "marked".

An example of a marked ballot... MikeTJumps wants to drum up a lot of votes for his buddy on the ballot, "John Doe", so he takes a ballot, puts an "X" next to John Doe's name, makes a ton of photo copies and hands them out to his skydiving buddies at the DZ getting them to fill in the rest. No matter how correct the rest of the ballot, its my understanding thest ballots would be tossed as "marked" because the "X" next to John Doe isn't "original".

I believe invalid would be if the voter didn't properly fill in their name, membership number, voted for too many candidates, etc. on their ballot. I think those get tossed to.

I'd like to hear from the USPA how many ballots got tossed for what ever reason.

I should write them and ask.

(This post was edited by ZigZagMarquis on Jan 5, 2007, 5:40 PM)

EDYDO  (D 1521)

Jan 5, 2007, 8:43 PM
Post #6 of 10 (1725 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ZigZagMarquis] Election results [In reply to] Can't Post

The ballots are signed at the top which is not normal for most documents. I would bet 10% failed to properly sign and yes, those would be thrown out as well.

Ed

tspillers  (D 21601)

Jan 6, 2007, 5:19 AM
Post #7 of 10 (1687 views)
Shortcut
Re: [EDYDO] Election results [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, thanks to those who did vote.

There is also a forum set up for Gulf Region Members, S&TA's, and DZO's at Gulf Region Forums

You must register and then reguest the appropriate group. (General I believe is automatic and DZO and S&TA need approval)

Hopefully this isn't seen as advertising as there are no regional forums here.

Todd

(This post was edited by tspillers on Jan 6, 2007, 5:26 AM)

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Jan 6, 2007, 1:25 PM
Post #8 of 10 (1624 views)
Shortcut

Congrats to Kip and sorry to Chris.Unsure

One vote. I think the southern region would have been better to stay with Chris.

Matt

Premier PhreeZone  (D License)
Jan 7, 2007, 1:44 AM
Post #9 of 10 (1582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MikeTJumps] Election results [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it is pathetic that the new canidates needed to get more signatures then they needed votes to win. Something needs to change to make this no longer an issue like electronic voting or something.Unsure

EDYDO  (D 1521)

Jan 7, 2007, 5:05 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PhreeZone] Election results [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I think it is pathetic that the new canidates needed to get more signatures then they needed votes to win. Something needs to change to make this no longer an issue like electronic voting or something.Unsure

Absolutely right. That is something that will be addressed "again". If we can't fix it, we will at least make it better. As you probably know, the problem is constitutional in nature. It will require 10% of the members sending in a proxy to get it changed and USPA has never been able to make that happen.

Ed

Forums : Archive : 2006-2007 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)