Forums: Archive: 2006-2007 USPA BOD Elections:
why vote for me

Iamrhyno  (D 4745)

Nov 30, 2006, 8:23 PM
Post #1 of 2 (843 views)
Shortcut
why vote for me Can't Post

With the exception of few years many years ago, I have not been involved with student training or rigging issuses, I leave those things to those in the know. For example, I have a rigger rating but I have someone else pack my reserve, I'm just not that current. I have two daughters and an ex-girlfriend who jumped, I sent each of them to a full time instructor, why because they know what they are the experts. I guess what I am saying here is this, when an issue comes up I don't know about, I leave it to those in the know.

So What do I know? Durning my 6 years on the board, I concentrated on sport developement.
Sport developement has to do with student retention, making sure skydiving gets into movies, TV, magazines and all other types of media. Sport Developement has to do with memberships, awards and anything esle that benefits the sport and skydivers.

The real work of a Regional Director is not done at the BOD meeting, it's done on a day to day basis within one's region. It requires daily phone calls, visits to Drop Zones, meeting with government officals, problem solving, settling disputes, accident reports and member violations and, this is the best part, giving out jump awards. .

When you vote for a Director, don't limit your decision to BOD issues, vote for someone who has the time, money and desire to travel.( Believe me travel is a big time consumer, just ask my kids how many summers they spend on the road traveling from DZ to DZ.)

Robert "Rhyno" Rhynearson
PS Yes my spelling leaves something to be desired.

peek  (D 8884)

Dec 1, 2006, 8:40 AM
Post #2 of 2 (806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Iamrhyno] why vote for me [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
The real work of a Regional Director is not done at the BOD meeting, it's done on a day to day basis within one's region.

Yes! This is one of the important things to remember about Regional Directors. The stuff at the BOD meeting pales in comparison to the regional stuff between meetings. I urge everyone to pick a Regional Director who is available and communicates well.

Forums : Archive : 2006-2007 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)