Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
Re: [BIGUN] Skydiving History - by Dr. Eco

GrabGrass  (D 666999)

Nov 12, 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #2 of 9 (6567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Skydiving History - by Dr. Eco [In reply to] Can't Post

Skyjack71 says:

Folks, I need your help. I need to find out about skyjumpers in Georgia and S.C. and AL in 1968-1971. My handle tells the story - I am a 66 yrr old widow of a man who claimed he was D.B.Cooper or as he put it Dan Cooper. I have no knowledge of skyjumping, but when we were in Colorado we went into the mountains and there were jumpers jumping off of the cliffs - I don't remember what it was called, but that is not important. What is important is that he told me everything that they were doing and why they were doing it - this was in 1978 or 1979 and he was over a 50 yrs of age at that time.
It was not until his deathbed confession that I understood why he knew all of this. Now after 12 yrs of research I hope I have found the place that can help me. I am not sure where he learned to skydive, but he did - he kept something called a D-ring which was bought off of me at a garage sale after he died and the man paid me a quarter for it and told me what it was...I didn't know the significance of the item because I did not understand what he was trying to tell me in 1996 when he die nor did I know who Dan Cooper was.

The purpose of this post is HOW DO I FIND RECORDS OF JUMPERS FROM THAT TIME FRAME IN THOSE AREAS AND/OR PHOTOS OF JUMPERS FROM 1968 TO 1971? Can anyone help me? The FBI has not been of any help at all although they did take his DNA almost 4 yrs (MARCH OF 2003) ago after I had gone public, just to keep me quiet.

My old puter crashed and I am having the photos pulled off next wk. I would like to circulate the photos of him from various times in his life to skyjumpers to see if anyone can recognize this man.

My research of 10 feet deep is detailed and does everything except put him in a parachute. This is the one thing that will end this. This man I was married to for 17 yrs had been in 6 federal prisons in 7 states for a total of almost 17 yrs before I met and married him. I did not know of his criminal past and we had a good marriage.

ANYONE WHO CAN HELP PLEASE CONTACT ME.

How can I contact this Mr Eco - regarding Claudia Webber. Urgent. This was an AKA used by my deceased spouse - can anyone provide a picture of this Claudia Webber? Does anyone or did anyone know this man?

Hopefull this stand alone will clear up the clutter and maybe help.

(This post was edited by GrabGrass on Nov 12, 2006, 11:09 PM)

GrabGrass  (D 666999)

Nov 13, 2006, 11:34 PM
Post #4 of 9 (6438 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
This is Skyjack71, Crabgrass I did not understand your post. Stand alone?

It GRABgrass, not CRABgrass!Wink

Anyway...I just cut & pasted the main part of YOUR post entry away from all the other stuff from other people that was on top of it, just makes it easier to read.

Kind of a lazy bunch here, they may not read all the way to the "good stuff" ...your post!Angelic

DrEco  (D 115)

Nov 15, 2006, 4:28 PM
Post #6 of 9 (6241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GrabGrass] Skydiving History - by Dr. Eco [In reply to] Can't Post

Dr. Eco can be reached at
via Email at: DrEco@aol.com

or phone 386 672 1811. Leave a message and I will return your call.

DrEco

FinisP

Oct 23, 2012, 1:04 PM
Post #7 of 9 (2271 views)
Shortcut

Hello,
In reply to:
Bob Buquor was my father. I am always happy to read about him and would like to talk to his old friends.

ArvinAlP64

Oct 25, 2012, 6:56 PM
Post #8 of 9 (2152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FinisP] Skydiving History - by Dr. Eco [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi FinisP,

I met your father in November of 1964 when a guy in a bar invited me to jump into a place called Arvin. Jim Dann was on that three-jumper load out of Flying Tigers in Burbank. Jim worked with Bob at Pacific Airmotive Corporation (PAC) near Lockheed and was one of his skydiving students.

As you know, your father was the driving force behind organizing and filming larger and larger freefall formations at Arvin. Most of us tried to get good enough to be invited on Bob's camera jumps. If we didn't get on "The Good Load" we'd put together the best one we could and try to get a hookup going. Everybody was "under the microscope" so if someone "bombed" a star, Bob Buquor knew about it within minutes. Of the hundreds of early jumps made at Arvin only a few were successfully executed as planned. Many ended in awkward ragtag "no touches" or misshapen formations collapsing into violent whirlpools of twisting bodies and swinging boots.

Most chaotic weekends would be salvaged on Sunday evening with what evolved into a traditional four-man dusk jump out of Dave Keagey's 195 from 5500 or 6500 ft. I would exit first, Bill Newell would pin me and then Jim Dann and your father would smoothly complete the formation with smiles all around as the sun disappeared into the ocean.

I remember visiting your dad one evening in his trailer in the San Fernando Valley. It was early in my career and I rode along with Bob Thompson (first six-man) who went to pick up some jump photos from Bob. I found Bob to be a really personable guy.

I don't know if it was you or your sister that Brian Williams introduced me to at the restaurant following Bill Newell's funeral service but I have more stories if you're interested. Here's a picture of your dad I got recently from Tim Harris.

Al Paradowski
SCR-2

(This post was edited by ArvinAlP64 on Oct 25, 2012, 7:07 PM)
Attachments: j13 Bob Buquor 1966 Tim.jpg (224 KB)

JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

Oct 25, 2012, 9:12 PM
Post #9 of 9 (2143 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ArvinAlP64] Skydiving History - by Dr. Eco [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Al,

Quote:
Many ended in awkward ragtag "no touches" or misshapen formations collapsing into violent whirlpools of twisting bodies and swinging boots.

One of the best descriptions of skydiving in the 60's that I have ever heard.

JerryBaumchen

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

Search for (options)