Forums: Archive: 2006-2007 USPA BOD Elections:
Canada?

packerboy  (C 34282)

Nov 11, 2006, 8:14 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1369 views)
Shortcut
Canada? Can't Post

Does anyone represent Canada as a region? Or anything international for that matter?

Premier PhreeZone  (D License)
Nov 11, 2006, 8:28 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [packerboy] Canada? [In reply to] Can't Post

International members are able to vote for the national canidates then can pick any region to vote as part of. In terms of Canada as a region, no. That is why you have your own Parachuting Association up there. Smile

packerboy  (C 34282)

Nov 11, 2006, 8:34 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PhreeZone] Canada? [In reply to] Can't Post

But I like yours better. Smile

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Dec 5, 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1275 views)
Shortcut

Yes, but USPA does not do anything to keep Transport Canada/Nav Canada/ the local town council, etc. off the backs of Canadian skydivers.
Furthermore, USPA Instructor ratings are not worth much in Canada.

crazydiver  (D 28022)

Dec 21, 2006, 7:16 PM
Post #5 of 7 (1193 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
But I like yours better. Smile

That's crazy talk...

GanGirl  (D 28109)

Dec 23, 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #6 of 7 (1160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [riggerrob] Canada? [In reply to] Can't Post

That's funny because I worked as a TI with only a USPA coach and tandem rating for almost 2 years.

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Dec 24, 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GanGirl] Canada? [In reply to] Can't Post

They let you work - with only USPA ratings - in Gananoque because Gan' is one of the few Canadian DZs not fully-affiliated with CSPA.
In the past, DZO Tom MacCarthy has argued with CSPA officials, but that was because Tom is brighter than most CSPA officials.
For example, when CSPA Headquarters moved from Toronto to Ottawa during the mid 1970s, Gan' was innundated with CSPA officials telling him that teaching first jump students to pull ripcords was dangerous and that he would be far better off using static-lines.
After grudgingly using static-lines for a few years, Tom found a better method: IAD.

The scary thing is that Tom is one of the few (you can count them on one hand) Canadian DZOs who is brighter than CSPA officials.

Under Tom's guidance, Gan' was the first or second Canadian school to introduce: main ripcords for first jump students, Para-Commanders for students, piggyback containers for students, square mains for students, square reserves for students, IAD for students, harness-hold jumps for students, tandem for students, etc.
Tom led the industry for decades, which is why I respect him more than the next 100 DZOs.

When the other 90 percent of Canadian DZOs try to tell me that they know more than CSPA, I laugh at their ignorance.
Hah!
Hah!

Forums : Archive : 2006-2007 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)