Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Vector2

Yossarian  (C 105227)

Nov 7, 2006, 4:32 AM
Post #1 of 8 (993 views)
Shortcut
Vector2 Can't Post

are vector 2's freefly friendly? looking to buy one from classifieds, DOM 1995 if that makes a difference

thanks

dragon2  (D 101989)

Nov 7, 2006, 4:37 AM
Post #2 of 8 (980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yossarian] Vector2 [In reply to] Can't Post

No they are not considered freefly-friendly. There are some mods that can be doen to help but opinions vary about their usefulness. If you maintain the velcro you COULD freefly in it however some dz's won't let you and it isn't really that smart.

If I were you I'd look for another container, there are older models that are more freefly friendly (PdF Atom for instance) or get a newer rig.

rhys  (D 95)

Nov 7, 2006, 4:41 AM
Post #3 of 8 (976 views)
Shortcut

a very good conditioned vector 2 with the correct sized canopies and serviced consumables(BOC,Velcro etc.) is o.k. for freefly but these are few and far between. the company formaly known as the relative workshop does not recommend it!

Yossarian  (C 105227)

Nov 7, 2006, 4:42 AM
Post #4 of 8 (974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rhys] Vector2 [In reply to] Can't Post

damn. thanks guys

Premier skydiverek  (C 41769)

Nov 7, 2006, 4:45 AM
Post #5 of 8 (970 views)
Shortcut

Bill Booth once said that there is a freefly friendly version of Vector 2... it's called Vector 3 Smile!

DougiePease22

Dec 4, 2010, 3:32 PM
Post #6 of 8 (736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dragon2] Vector2 [In reply to] Can't Post

hey there. sorry bit random. but saw you commenting on some one asking about a vector 2 container being non ff friendly is that will all vector 2 containers or just the old ones? im looking in to buying a rig on classifieds and just wanted to know.. the seller says it is, but it doesnt look like it.
cheers!!

Unstable  (D 28930)

Dec 4, 2010, 4:03 PM
Post #7 of 8 (724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skydiverek] Vector2 [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a customer drop of a Vector 2 for a Reserve repack, and IIRC, I could have sworn it was a late 1998 model ~ Didn't UPT replace the Vector 2 with the V3 in 1993 or 1996?

jakee  (C License)

Dec 4, 2010, 5:31 PM
Post #8 of 8 (697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DougiePease22] Vector2 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
hey there. sorry bit random. but saw you commenting on some one asking about a vector 2 container being non ff friendly is that will all vector 2 containers or just the old ones?

?? All Vector 2s are old!

Balance of probability is that you could do a bunch of FF jumps on a well maintained Vector 2 and be OK, but, especially with the amount of well worn (read cheap) FF friendly kit on the 2nd hand market it's really an unneccessary risk. Some DZO's might well want to have a word if they saw you freeflying with velcro as well.

A vector 2 these days would really have to be an amazing deal in order to be worth it.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)