Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
AAF in New England

eagle9913

Nov 5, 2006, 3:02 PM
Post #1 of 8 (749 views)
Shortcut
AAF in New England Can't Post

Hi All,

I just wanted to get the opinions of community on AFF within the Southern New England Area. I am trying to do nearly as much research as possible before I go diving in and out of the sport. Advice is welcomed.

Thank you,

Guess those things called questions are elusive. What do people feel for both instruction and experience of the MA AFF schools such as Jumptown or Newbury or Pepperell?

(This post was edited by eagle9913 on Nov 5, 2006, 6:35 PM)

DougH  (D License)

Nov 5, 2006, 5:23 PM
Post #2 of 8 (727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eagle9913] AAF in New England [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Eagle,

You need to ask a question, in order for us to give you an anwser!!

Love,
Doug LaughSly

Jumpah  (D License)

Nov 6, 2006, 6:45 AM
Post #3 of 8 (668 views)
Shortcut

To answer your question:

In reply to:
What do people feel for both instruction and experience of the MA AFF schools such as Jumptown or Newbury or Pepperell?

I've heard good things about Jumptown and never any bad. Start by calling them. They are open on weekends through the winter, too...bundle up and jump!

altichick  (D 28146)

Nov 6, 2006, 1:41 PM
Post #4 of 8 (631 views)
Shortcut

Skydive New England Smile is great... We have the best parties too!! Not sure if anywhere in NE is open over the winter but you could always get to the tunnel over the winter and start AFF next year... Hope to see you in April!!

DougH  (D License)

Nov 6, 2006, 3:07 PM
Post #5 of 8 (619 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
What do people feel for both instruction and experience of the MA AFF schools such as Jumptown or Newbury or Pepperell?

Tongue

You can't go wrong at Jumptown.

In my opinion they have one of the best student programs around. They don't just pump out graduated AFF students, they stick with you from the first jump course, through AFF, till you get your license, and beyond.

Their instructors and coaches are all top notch. They will turn you into a proficient and safe skydiver.

It is a great place to hang out. Their Twin Otter is awesome, their hanger and facilities are really sweet.

There is a real sense of community at Jumptown, you really feel like you belong there, regardless of experince or jump numbers.

(This post was edited by DougH on Nov 6, 2006, 3:12 PM)

mailin  (A 46883)

Nov 7, 2006, 5:36 AM
Post #6 of 8 (595 views)
Shortcut

Jumptown...

I've been to lots of different dropzones and can confidently say that their student program is the best.

Newbury? Do you mean Newport, RI? They don't have a student program there. Pepperell is also a good choice, but if given the option between Pepperell and JTown, I'd pick JTown.

Seriously, you can go wrong with Orange - best vibe around and fantastic (new!) facilities. They rock, I miss them Frown

Jen

staceyg  (Student)

Nov 7, 2006, 9:01 AM
Post #7 of 8 (581 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,
Just read your post. I should stick a disclaimer here that everything I say about Pepperell is biased 'cuz I work there. Smile

With that said, we had 15 students get their A-license this season; and several more are very close!

Plus, we are only 15 minutes from the SkyVenture NH wind tunnel.

Any other questions, just ask!

Blue Skies,
Stacey
Manifest

juanesky  (C 33620)

Nov 13, 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #8 of 8 (494 views)
Shortcut

It all depends on your budget, and where you want to travel to jump. However, a suggestion about skydiving, in the winter months, you can try the wind tunnel, and learn to fly before AFF. Good luck!. and blue skies.

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)