Forums: Archive: 2006-2007 USPA BOD Elections:
Todd Spillers, Gulf Conference candidate

Premier wmw999  (D 6296)

Oct 27, 2006, 6:37 AM
Post #1 of 13 (1557 views)
Shortcut
Todd Spillers, Gulf Conference candidate Can't Post

Anything you wanna share? I don't know if there's a competition this time...

thanks
Wendy W.

tspillers  (D 21601)

Oct 31, 2006, 4:15 AM
Post #2 of 13 (1481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wmw999] Todd Spillers, Gulf Conference candidate [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I am going to be running as a write-in. Stupid me.... I failed to have USPA a photo by the deadline. I had enough signatures, just no photo. My understanding is that I am the only one running.

Todd

NelKel  (D 25024)

Nov 6, 2006, 6:01 PM
Post #3 of 13 (1399 views)
Shortcut

I don't know if there's a competition this time... <<<

What happened to Jim J.? I guess he dosen't want it again.

AggieDave  (D License)

Nov 6, 2006, 6:03 PM
Post #4 of 13 (1397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NelKel] Todd Spillers, Gulf Conference candidate [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
What happened to Jim J.? I guess he dosen't want it again.

As I understand it, he didn't really want it the first time, but was doing it as a favor for some people. Talking to him at Skyfest he wanted Todd to run and for Todd to get elected.

NelKel  (D 25024)

Nov 6, 2006, 6:04 PM
Post #5 of 13 (1397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tspillers] Todd Spillers, Gulf Conference candidate [In reply to] Can't Post

Todd. last time there was a little coup that formed out of the SE texas DZ's. Do I take it that there aren't any this time around. I'm glad you still want it, do you know about the other states and DZ ? Like what is ark. and la. going to do?

tspillers  (D 21601)

Nov 7, 2006, 5:13 AM
Post #6 of 13 (1383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NelKel] Todd Spillers, Gulf Conference candidate [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe they all signed my petition.

tspillers  (D 21601)

Nov 7, 2006, 5:35 AM
Post #7 of 13 (1379 views)
Shortcut

For those Gulf Region Members who I haven't had the chance to talk to individually:

I believe our biggest problems are national problems. USPA needs to continue to control skydiving. If the FAA were to take over, most of us could not afford to be in this sport we love. I believe senseless fatalities need to be minimized. This needs to be done through canopy education. We (USPA, Instructors, DZO's, Jumpers, etc) need to communicate and seek out the information that is available in regards to canopy education. USPA is working on this, but it must continue and advance.

Gulf Region Specifics:

Communication.....
I plan (if elected) to visit every GM DZ at least once if not twice during my term. I want to meet S&TA's I look online and see people listed as S&TA in our region that haven't jumped in 3 years.

I am available:
here as tspillers
canopypiloting.com as tspillers
Skydive Aggieland's forums as sdzo
email: dzo @ the above web site.
DZ phone 979-778-JUMP or 866-SWOOP-IN

I will most likely establish a Gulf Member section on Aggieland's forums as well as a forum for the S&TA's.

Feel free to email, call, or post here with questions.

Todd

Premier wmw999  (D 6296)

Nov 7, 2006, 6:23 AM
Post #8 of 13 (1371 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tspillers] Todd Spillers, Gulf Conference candidate [In reply to] Can't Post

Now for the really important question -- will there actually be pictures from the Gulf region in Wings & Things??? Angelic

Wendy W.

tspillers  (D 21601)

Nov 7, 2006, 7:28 AM
Post #9 of 13 (1363 views)
Shortcut

I sure hope so. There have been a few, but it doesn't take a RD for that. What you are really asking is will I make it around to DZ's to present awards. Abolutely I will. I will already have 5 swoop meets (4 other than Aggieland). One of those will likely be outside of the Gulf Region. I so plan on making other visits. Between Cert Courses, swoop meets, and a few other trips we should have several chances for photos.

MikeTJumps  (D 5957)

Nov 10, 2006, 6:32 PM
Post #10 of 13 (1312 views)
Shortcut

In the last two election efforts, the DeGuello group pushed a person to deliberately stop another candidate from being elected. Each time, it became well known that it was there intention to stop that candidate at all costs. Neither of those candidates who were elected were serious about pursuing the needs of the region other than a very limited agenda as is evident by their not running for re-election (the job was more demanding than they were aware of) and the fact that the most recent electee only attended two of the four meetings (but one was missed because he was sick).

This time, Todd Spillers, a candidate who cares about the needs of the region, is running. Granted, he ran a write-in campaign last time but the DeGuello group's momentum was just too strong for him to overcome. Granted, he missed one critical item in submitting his candidacy (just another reason why the process needs to be overhauled).

I strongly endorse and support Todd for the regional director position.

I hope that voters will look at my candidacy statement and consider voting for me as a National Director candidate. Madolyn Murdock, our long-time representative on the BOD is not running for any position.

So, it's up to the voters as to who they want to represent them.

Premier faulknerwn  (D 17441)
Nov 10, 2006, 7:19 PM
Post #11 of 13 (1306 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MikeTJumps] Todd Spillers, Gulf Conference candidate [In reply to] Can't Post

Absolutely I'd recommend voting for Todd. Unfortunately I live in the Southwest region now and can't vote for him, but I highly recommend anyone who lives in his region to endorse him.

W

tspillers  (D 21601)

Nov 14, 2006, 5:16 AM
Post #12 of 13 (1260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MikeTJumps] Todd Spillers, Gulf Conference candidate [In reply to] Can't Post

I have Deguello support this go around (as well as both candidates that they supported). Even though I run a DZ, I have spent 9 weekends from May to Sept at other DZ's (that's almost have). The DZ is getting to the point that I can leave it for the staff to run and get out in the area again.

Thanks for the support. (Even if you aren't in my region Wink )

Todd

Skymonkey2  (D 20527)

Nov 16, 2006, 9:25 AM
Post #13 of 13 (1223 views)
Shortcut

My wife and I have known Todd for several years and Todd and I talk to each other at least two or three times a month, he is very active in the USPA Board meeting and what is going on. I believe Todd would make a great addition to the BOD.....

Forums : Archive : 2006-2007 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)