4 jumpers takes the PAC to 12,000 feet!

Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie
October 27-29

Beer, Band " My X Girlfriend" and the Grim Reapers Ball

Come as your favorite dead person.

Load Organizers for all disciplines

$18 Jumps, $150 tandems, No boogie fee!

Every 50th jump is free!

(This post was edited by JAC on Oct 12, 2006, 8:21 AM)

littlestranger  (C 34765)

Oct 12, 2006, 8:31 AM
Post #3 of 74 (1828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JAC] Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Beer, Band " My X Girlfriend" and the Grim Reapers Ball

this is meltdown's new band, he's also the drummer for the progressive metal band "Watchtower" so they should rock!

Lindercles  (C 35749)

Oct 16, 2006, 1:26 PM
Post #4 of 74 (1752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BRYANGOESBOOM] Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm bumping this just because it's two weeks away and hasn't gotten much response, even though I haven't figured out what the hell I'm doing that weekend yet. Crazy

meltdown  (A 44508)

Oct 16, 2006, 2:35 PM
Post #5 of 74 (1740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lindercles] Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

Get your ass to Temple, you loser!

(This post was edited by meltdown on Oct 16, 2006, 2:36 PM)

Premier faulknerwn  (D 17441)
Oct 16, 2006, 2:44 PM
Post #6 of 74 (1736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lindercles] Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

You better be coming up here - you don't wanna miss one of Mark Mark's parties!!!!

W

voodew1  (D 25988)

Oct 16, 2006, 3:00 PM
Post #7 of 74 (1731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [faulknerwn] Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya'll should really just close for the weekend and come join the party at San Marcos as we have a Casa for the weekend

For all the newbies thats a plane with a tailgate so you get to run out the backSmile

(This post was edited by voodew1 on Oct 16, 2006, 3:01 PM)

BRYANGOESBOOM

Oct 17, 2006, 8:32 AM
Post #8 of 74 (1688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [voodew1] Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Ya'll should really just close for the weekend and come join the party at San Marcos as we have a Casa for the weekend
For all the newbies thats a plane with a tailgate so you get to run out the backSmile

Thanks for the offer but i would rather have funWink

lisamariewillbe  (A License)

Oct 17, 2006, 10:09 AM
Post #9 of 74 (1673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BRYANGOESBOOM] Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

Ive a noval idea..... wait for it.... drum roll please......Whichever boogie or dz we visit in texas... regardless if its San Marcos , Capitol or Temple, lets be safe and have fun and leave the politics out. Theres enough jumpers in this area for all of the dzs and regardless of what your looking for you will find it at one of them.

Okay you two can go back to "My dz is better then yours..." UnsureLaugh

Ill be dropping someone off at San Marcos then heading to Capitol... they arent having a halloween boogie but they always have fun on the agenda.

voodew1  (D 25988)

Oct 17, 2006, 1:45 PM
Post #10 of 74 (1649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lisamariewillbe] Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Okay you two can go back to "My dz is better then yours..."
I think you misunderstood ---- there are normally not tailgate aircrafts in Texas and if Temple and San Marcos would get together on some events it could be a good time. Kind of like the AOT thing

Maybe if all the local DZs hooked up at one place once a year everybody would have a good time which is why we do this.

I jump at Temple occasionally -- hell thats where I started ---- and I don't think anyone hates Skydive Temple its the other way around due to the trash talking of a few individuals that used to work at SSM and got pissed off when new ownership took over and they we made to treat it as a real job.

Everyone knows that SSM is mainly tandems but don't think for a minute that whatever DZ you jump at would gladly do nothing but tandems and leave the fun jumpers to fill extra seats --- tandems make money -- fun jumpers don't

JAC  (B 27077)

Oct 17, 2006, 1:51 PM
Post #11 of 74 (1646 views)
Shortcut
RollCall - Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm bumping this just because it's two weeks away and hasn't gotten much response, even though I haven't figured out what the hell I'm doing that weekend yet. Crazy

Roll Call???

Bryan Goes Boom
JAC
Lindercles?

jumpjunkie  (D 24376)

Oct 17, 2006, 1:57 PM
Post #12 of 74 (1639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [voodew1] Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sorry. I must have misread the title to this thread. I thought this was the Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie thread.

No wait, it is. Hey Voodew, the SSM thread is a little further down the page. If you want to talk about what y'all are doing, I think that would probably be a better place.

jumpjunkie  (D 24376)

Oct 17, 2006, 1:58 PM
Post #13 of 74 (1636 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JAC] RollCall - Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

Roll Call???

Bryan Goes Boom
JAC
Lindercles?
jumpjunkie

JAC  (B 27077)

Oct 17, 2006, 1:58 PM
Post #14 of 74 (1634 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meltdown] Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Get your ass to Temple, you loser!

Is what LittleStranger said true? Are you going to be playing for us? Cool I hope that means you're going to jump beforehand too???

CoolCoolCool

Lindercles  (C 35749)

Oct 17, 2006, 2:01 PM
Post #15 of 74 (1631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jumpjunkie] RollCall - Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

Bryan Goes Boom
JAC
Lindercles
jumpjunkie
faulknerwn
meltdown

I finally got talked into it (read: threatened), so I'll be there. And I added meltdown and faulknerwn to the list since they pretty much have to be there.

goodnplentygirl  (C 35571)

Oct 17, 2006, 2:03 PM
Post #16 of 74 (1625 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lindercles] RollCall - Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Bryan Goes Boom
JAC
Lindercles
jumpjunkie
faulknerwn
meltdown
goodnplentygirl

I finally got talked into it (read: threatened), so I'll be there. And I added meltdown and faulknerwn to the list since they pretty much have to be there.

Oh please, you didnt get talked into anything Tongue

Lindercles  (C 35749)

Oct 17, 2006, 2:29 PM
Post #17 of 74 (1596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goodnplentygirl] RollCall - Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you kidding? I've got some pretty serious indian burns on my wrists shaped suspiciously like your hands. Tongue

goodnplentygirl  (C 35571)

Oct 17, 2006, 2:37 PM
Post #18 of 74 (1587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lindercles] RollCall - Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaughLaugh

Its just cuz I want to jump you, I mean jump with you....

Lindercles  (C 35749)

Oct 17, 2006, 3:02 PM
Post #19 of 74 (1569 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goodnplentygirl] RollCall - Skydive Temple Halloween Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
LaughLaughLaugh

Its just cuz I want to jump you, I mean jump with you....

The great thing about Halloween is it gives people a chance to let their true selves out while hiding it behind a "costume." Laugh

Of course, when you all see my costume you're going to wonder what the hell it says about me. Crazy Blush

jumpjunkie  (D 24376)

Oct 17, 2006, 3:18 PM
Post #20 of 74 (1564 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

Of course, when you all see my costume you're going to wonder what the hell it says about me. Crazy Blush

We've known for years that you weren't quite right. We just let it slide cause no one wanted to be the one to tell YOU.LaughLaughLaugh

Douva  (D 22772)

Oct 17, 2006, 3:48 PM
Post #21 of 74 (1551 views)
Shortcut
Re: Skydive Temple Boogie vs. Skydive San Marcos Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

Since everybodys already riled up, I think this might be a good time to make an announcement:

After taking the last year off from skydiving to concentrate on the management and disposition of a number of substantial real estate assets, I am ready to announce that in the second quarter of 2007 I, along with two financial partners, will be opening my own drop zone in Central Texas. We have secured a lease for a Cessna Caravan to operate as our weekend aircraft, and we have purchased a Cessna 182 Wide Body to operate as our weekday aircraft. We will operate seven days a week, and the current plan is to have a full-time Super Otter by the summer of 2008. Construction of the facilities, located on an existing airstrip half-way between Buda, TX, and Kyle, TX, about five miles west of IH-35, will begin in February. Initially, we will have an air-conditioned packing area, manifest office, classroom, video room, bunkroom, and bathrooms/showers. We hope to add RV hookups and a swoop pond by the summer of 2008.

The drop zone will operate under the business name Skydive54, Inc. The concept will be a little different than the drop zones with which most of you are familiar. Fun jumps will be only $14, but that cheap rate comes at a price--Part of the Skydive54 waiver will be a contract stating that you agree not to jump at any other Central Texas drop zone. Another of Skydive54s innovations will be the doormen and the waiting list to get in. I will make the final decision on who is cool enough to get into Skydive54. Our guarantee to our jumpers is that the first load each day will be wheels up exactly one hour after sunrise. We wont do sunrise loads because thats when our plane will be buzzing the other five Central Texas drop zones, dropping leaflets explaining how much better our drop zone is than theirs. These leaflet runs will be made while towing our special Fuck you! banner. Our advertising strategy will surpass the advertising done by the other five drop zones combined, but none of our ads will feature phone numbers or contact information. Anyone cool enough to jump at Skydive54 will know where it is and how to reach us.

Unfortunately, none of you participating in the current "my drop zone is better than your drop zone" squabbles will be allowed to jump at Skydive54. We need all of you to keep fighting over which of your drop zones is better so that you can tear yourselves apart and eliminate the competition for us. Keep up the good work!

Blue skies,

Douva

Lindercles  (C 35749)

Oct 17, 2006, 3:58 PM
Post #22 of 74 (1545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Douva] Skydive Temple Boogie vs. Skydive San Marcos Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

My gear matches now, can I get in?

jumpjunkie  (D 24376)

Oct 17, 2006, 4:11 PM
Post #23 of 74 (1538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Douva] Skydive Temple Boogie vs. Skydive San Marcos Boogie [In reply to] Can't Post

You forgot the part about the guys in HAZ-MAT suits standing in front of the competing dropzones, just in case someone missed the leaflets.

But it sounds cool. That is until Paris Hilton finds it and then, not cool anymore.

Bolas  (D License)

Oct 17, 2006, 5:17 PM
Post #24 of 74 (1523 views)
Shortcut

<--- Thought you were serious for a minute. Blush

littlestranger  (C 34765)

Oct 17, 2006, 5:19 PM
Post #25 of 74 (1523 views)
Shortcut

dude! events NOT advertisingWink

you had me for a minute...but then i read slow.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)