Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
A license

MrFreefall383  (A 50074)

Oct 14, 2006, 12:26 PM
Post #1 of 9 (808 views)
Shortcut
A license Can't Post

Finally got my A license! Passed my checkdive on jump 23 with no prior practice docking, passed the oral with no problems at all, and my last jump was a friggin' blast. Did a back flip out the door, did front flip, back flip, several barrel rolls, tracking, some turns, up and down, and still had about 2,000 feet to enjoy the scenery before pulling. Time to start having fun. Of course that relies on my finding a job and then some gear.

KNewman  (C 37065)

Oct 14, 2006, 1:06 PM
Post #2 of 9 (790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrFreefall383] A license [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Dave

Way to goCool. Congrats on the license, now go out and have fun and be SAFE!!!

Kevin

MrFreefall383  (A 50074)

Oct 14, 2006, 4:30 PM
Post #3 of 9 (751 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KNewman] A license [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Kevin! That's the intention. Always been a safe person, never going to compromise on that, but now it's time to do something fun. Cool

azdiver  (A License)

Oct 14, 2006, 6:33 PM
Post #4 of 9 (740 views)
Shortcut

for my first jumps after my lic, i did a 4 way horny guerrila, and on the next did a 5 way sit train, just some ideas for you , those are a blast

MrFreefall383  (A 50074)

Oct 14, 2006, 6:35 PM
Post #5 of 9 (738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [azdiver] A license [In reply to] Can't Post

Should I ask what the horny guerrilla is? And for now, I'm just going to work with one partner, start feeling out the factors in RW jumping, see if I can improve before getting into bigger formations.

azdiver  (A License)

Oct 14, 2006, 7:18 PM
Post #6 of 9 (732 views)
Shortcut

you have probably seen it but basicaly everyone locks feet together and takes grips at elbows or hands or shoulders. it spin and flips and when it actually flies its kind of cone shaped its a wild ride

MrFreefall383  (A 50074)

Oct 14, 2006, 7:25 PM
Post #7 of 9 (729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [azdiver] A license [In reply to] Can't Post

Wait, is this head-down?

bob.dino  (E 2185)

Oct 15, 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #8 of 9 (657 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Should I ask what the horny guerrilla is? And for now, I'm just going to work with one partner, start feeling out the factors in RW jumping, see if I can improve before getting into bigger formations.

A horny guerilla chats up women then blows up the bar when they reject him.

A horny gorilla is a skydiving formation. Searching the forums will provide plenty of information on what it is and how to safely accomplish one.

However, your plan of 2-ways focussing on RW skills sounds plenty fine to me.

MrFreefall383  (A 50074)

Oct 16, 2006, 7:04 AM
Post #9 of 9 (631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bob.dino] A license [In reply to] Can't Post

I figured someone wasn't a spelling champ, but thanks for the clarification. Wink

I'll start researching formations, and I'll probably get video of at least one formation in the near future for critique on skydivingmovies.com.

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)