Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
How to read the SIM?

AEsco48  (Student)

Jul 15, 2006, 10:10 AM
Post #1 of 5 (805 views)
Shortcut
How to read the SIM? Can't Post

Im doing ground school next week...i just got the SIM in the mail...how should i start to read it?

lisamariewillbe  (A License)

Jul 15, 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #2 of 5 (791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AEsco48] How to read the SIM? [In reply to] Can't Post

From left to right...

Im not close to an instructor , just thought id add that I recieved all kinds of skydiving books as well as the SIM and read them all prior to AFF 1 ... I didnt understand much but then when id hear Mike talk about something, the info I read would start to pop into my head. Granted I was also the type to read school history text books the first week of school so maybe its a personal thing with me but I say learn as much as you can from resources that are valid.

altichick  (D 28146)

Jul 15, 2006, 1:05 PM
Post #3 of 5 (766 views)
Shortcut

Section 4 for AFF related stuff and then anything else that interests you Smile

NickDG  (D 8904)

Jul 15, 2006, 9:43 PM
Post #4 of 5 (712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [altichick] How to read the SIM? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd wait until after AFF L-1 before you take up the big blue sleeping pill. (It used to be called that).

Your job next weekend is to listen hard and do 100% of what your Instructor tells you to do.

To answer the original question, leave it in the bathroom, that's how many get through it . . .

NickD Smile
BASE 194

sd-slider  (B License)

Jul 19, 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #5 of 5 (524 views)
Shortcut

I have found the best way to read any kind of reference material is to locate the answers to questions (i.e. - practice tests, scenarios, your own, etc.).

I personally find that skimming the text for answers to questions leads to a lot of ancillary absorption of information.

You'll find that the recommended reading for license progression will take you front to back in no time and you'll be as smart as %almighty_dz_dot_commer%!(your choice of ADDC of course)

But, as some have mentioned, you may want to hold off until after your FJC....

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)