My collapsed cervical disk

Pedro1960

Jun 27, 2006, 5:43 PM
Post #1 of 4 (780 views)
Shortcut
My collapsed cervical disk Can't Post

Hi!
My name is Pedro and I'm from Portugal.
I am 46 years old and all my life I've practice action sports like Taekwondo, surf, wakeboarding, snowboarding, etc.
At the moment, I practice Kendo, Iaido and scuba diving.
A year ago I felt some itching on my left arm and I took a TAC and a electromiogram.
In the report of the TAC, I can read that in C4-C5 there are some bilateral foraminal estenosis with disk protusion. In C5-C6 the disk is collapsed with gas degeneration of the pulpous nucleus, with extrinsic compression of the medula.
Some degeneration on C6-C7.
I never had any pain.
After 6 months of treatment with a good osteopatic practitioner, all the symptoms had disapear.
A month ago, on the 1st aniversary of my wedding, I've jumped tandem with my wife with a great friend of mine that is an instructor... and I was hooked.
So I decided to do the AFF course with him. However, when I have showed a TAC of my cervical column to a doctor, he said NO WAY!

I've read here lots of posts of people with vetebrae fusions and so on and they keep doing it, so I really dont know what to do, mainly because it is hard to find a doctor that knows what is involved in parachuting.
Can you help me? I was so happy when I found THAT feeling and now this sentence...
If there is someone that can read portuguese I can send my medical reports.

Thanks !

Pedro

BIGUN  (D 23385)

Jun 28, 2006, 4:55 AM
Post #2 of 4 (766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pedro1960] My collapsed cervical disk [In reply to] Can't Post

Pedro, Please fill out more of your profile.

Pedro1960

Jun 28, 2006, 5:59 AM
Post #3 of 4 (761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BIGUN] My collapsed cervical disk [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Pedro, Please fill out more of your profile.

Done. Now, what?

BIGUN  (D 23385)

Jun 28, 2006, 8:01 AM
Post #4 of 4 (754 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pedro1960] My collapsed cervical disk [In reply to] Can't Post

Now you wait for a Dr. to look at it. Most folks are a lot more receptive to information exchange if they know more about the person. If you haven't heard anything in a ocuple of days, send me a PM and I can put you in touch with a couple of skydiving doctors. Non-skydiving doctors are more wary of giving a go ahead - but if a skydiving doctor says, uh uh, take their word for it.

Forums : Community : Skydivers with Disabilities

Search for (options)