Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
Does SkyDive Miami Have any type of events coming up?

AEsco48  (Student)

Jun 5, 2006, 5:22 AM
Post #1 of 5 (325 views)
Shortcut
Does SkyDive Miami Have any type of events coming up? Can't Post

Does SkyDive Miami Have any type of events coming up?

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jun 5, 2006, 7:08 AM
Post #2 of 5 (311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AEsco48] Does SkyDive Miami Have any type of events coming up? [In reply to] Can't Post

Since you list your city as Miami, can't you just call them or go to the dz to find out? Or, are you just trying to think of a reason to start a thread about Miami on here?

AEsco48  (Student)

Jun 5, 2006, 8:05 AM
Post #3 of 5 (304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] Does SkyDive Miami Have any type of events coming up? [In reply to] Can't Post

Cant i just post on DZ.com...get feed back from a lot of people...get home in the afternoon and look at the results....then ask more info about the events and maybe plan to go see one of the events....

Reason im asking for events is b\c i want to do my AFF course this summer...but im not sure im going to have time so i would like to pass by on a day where i know there will be a lot of jumps and even better would be a day where they have some type of free instruction and i could just sit in and listen.....

but your right i could call...with a pen and paper, write down the info...then ask who ever gives me this info what type of event it is...and take up 10 min of her time....im sure they have all this information handy and have nothing better to do....

whats the name of this forum again?

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jun 5, 2006, 9:39 AM
Post #4 of 5 (291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AEsco48] Does SkyDive Miami Have any type of events coming up? [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Cant i just post on DZ.com...get feed back from a lot of people...get home in the afternoon and look at the results....then ask more info about the events and maybe plan to go see one of the events....

You could also take matters into your own hands and do a little research first and then ask questions if you still have them.

Oh lookie, they have a website with upcoming events on it. You're in luck! Tongue

MarkM  (C 35089)

Jun 6, 2006, 6:45 PM
Post #5 of 5 (261 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Reason im asking for events is b\c i want to do my AFF course this summer...but im not sure im going to have time so i would like to pass by on a day where i know there will be a lot of jumps and even better would be a day where they have some type of free instruction and i could just sit in and listen.....

It's really probably better to do your instruction on a day when there's not a lot going on. Typically events can bring in more tandems, which means instructors are busy with them and have less time for regular students.

But Miami has a coaching event every other Sunday. They'll do RW coaching on the one event, then freefly coaching on the other and alternate back and forth. But neither would be usefull to someone who isn't a jumper yet. Safety Day would probably be interesting for you, but that happens in March at every DZ.

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)