Forums: Skydiving: Wind Tunnels:
reflections on my first time and thanks to SVO

calledisrael

May 1, 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #1 of 4 (380 views)
Shortcut
reflections on my first time and thanks to SVO Can't Post

i just wanted to post to say thanks to you skyventure orlando peeps for being amazing.

i am still a student, and didn't get to fly in the tunnel as long as i wanted. it was harder than i expected, and more different from the sky than i first thought it would be.

but i got to play with it, and find what i needed to do with my body to make it move like i wanted, and how much input was too much (as the bruises on my knees will attest,) and that staying stable on your belly isn't that hard. (now, bodyflight is another story..) as i went back and watched the video, though, i watched myself really improve at some of it, and that was cool. it improved my freefall awareness and control for sure.

it was SO worth it - even just for one session. my shoulders were too wrecked by the end to do more that day, although there is more in my future. Wink

paige - you might be one of the most cheerful, encouraging human beings i have ever met. you say yes to people and they believe they can do it. as i have looked back at all these photos, you have the biggest, most welcoming smile in every one. very happy birthday to you - and you made mine one of the most memorable ever. Smile

ari and chris - you guys are amazing flyers, and i appreciate ya'll being willing to watch out for and give a little help to young ones like me just starting out.

i thought most skydivers were great, but every person i met at the tunnel was welcoming and friendly and went out of their way to answer questions and be cool. these killer 4-way teams were training and would still talk to me, encourage me, give me advice. i was so impressed. well done, guys, you are all a credit to what you do.

thanks, guys. i can't wait to do it again.

(This post was edited by calledisrael on May 1, 2006, 12:01 PM)

Paige

May 1, 2006, 1:39 PM
Post #2 of 4 (357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [calledisrael] reflections on my first time and thanks to SVO [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
as i went back and watched the video, though, i watched myself really improve at some of it, and that was cool.
Some of it Crazy? All of it girl Smile! Despite your sore shoulder you were doing great. Your skills and relaxation really improved over the duration of your 15 minutes.

Quote:
paige - you might be one of the most cheerful, encouraging human beings i have ever met. you say yes to people and they believe they can do it. as i have looked back at all these photos, you have the biggest, most welcoming smile in every one. very happy birthday to you - and you made mine one of the most memorable ever. Smile
I'm so glad you had a good time on your trip! I loved flying w. you and so did Barbie. I've found a nice BIG Smile fixes a lot of students anxiety, worries, road block, frustration, etc. You can't not have a good time when you are smiling and some silly goof like me is grinning back Laugh

That was the best b-day I've ever had for sure. There were so many new friends in from out of town (Mel, J, Sean, Ali) and all my SVO buddies too, it was amazing!!! Ari was so kind and snuck in the night before to drop off a card for everyone to sign Blush That was really the best gift I got. Most, if not all of the SVO crew and some coaches signed it w. nice little notes. I felt so loved Smile

I'm so glad you had a good time. Keep spreading the love Ali, thanks for coming and finding out what it's all about at SVO! Come back and visit any time, I've got a spare bedroom w. your name all over it Wink

Paige

May 1, 2006, 6:56 PM
Post #3 of 4 (325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [calledisrael] reflections on my first time and thanks to SVO [In reply to] Can't Post

Doh! I forgot to attach this. On the bruised knee front: this picture is why I will never laugh at another soul who wears knee pads LaughLaughLaugh
Attachments: PaigeKnees.jpg (44.2 KB)

calledisrael

May 2, 2006, 9:54 AM
Post #4 of 4 (293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paige] reflections on my first time and thanks to SVO [In reply to] Can't Post

lol - thanks girl, that makes me feel better. mine looked just like that and i couldn't figure out why. i hit my belly on the mesh some and my legs on the walls, but not very hard (i thought) - i couldn't figure out how my knees were bruised... Angelic

Forums : Skydiving : Wind Tunnels

Search for (options)