Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
Hawaii DZ info?

Buried  (D License)

Apr 20, 2006, 8:47 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1022 views)
Shortcut
Hawaii DZ info? Can't Post

I may be going out there in june and have a few questions.

Which one would be running week around and would have a fair number of upjumpers at?

Does any one have any experience how to get to the dz and what places would be cheap and ideal to stay around/at the dz or in Waikiki

thx

(This post was edited by Buried on Apr 20, 2006, 8:59 AM)

bodypilot1  (D 16037)

Apr 20, 2006, 9:38 PM
Post #2 of 5 (982 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Buried] Hawaii DZ info? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Which one would be running week around and would have a fair number of upjumpers at?

There are a couple there at Dillingham, and they usually are flying in the mornings when the tourists are doing tandems. Not many fun jumpers that I know of, and they close around noon or when the tandems are done.

In reply to:
Does any one have any experience how to get to the dz and what places would be cheap and ideal to stay around/at the dz or in Waikiki

The DZ is easy to find on the north shore. If you are going only to jump, just stay on north shore or you'll have a hour or so drive to the DZ from Waikiki, longer if the traffic is bad.

Be safe
Ed

nate_1979  (B 27889)

Apr 20, 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #3 of 5 (977 views)
Shortcut

Pacific SKydiving Center was always closing early when I was there, but when they were open I enjoyed the quick flights to altitude on the king air over the slow plane at skydive hawaii...

I did however like Skydive Hawaii's atmoshphere slightly better, and when I was there they did a couple fun jumper only sunset loads two nights a week, those were always a good time...

Have fun there, it's an awsome place to jump..

If you choose one, I choose Skydive Hawaii.

Buried  (D License)

Apr 25, 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #4 of 5 (927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bodypilot1] Hawaii DZ info? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah i see on their site that its open until 3 mainly Crazy. The sunset loads would be beautiful, i'm sure.

wonder if i should bring my rig for a jump or two

Bolas  (D License)

Apr 25, 2006, 8:50 PM
Post #5 of 5 (909 views)
Shortcut

Wingsuit flights over the ocean rock!!! Cool

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)