Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
2 Piece FF Suit vs. 1 Piece

PhillyKev

Sep 12, 2002, 12:35 PM
Post #1 of 4 (912 views)
Shortcut
2 Piece FF Suit vs. 1 Piece Can't Post

Ok, so I'm finally buying a FF suit. Those who have jumped with my fast falling ass will be grateful to hear that. I'm leaning toward Firefly.

My question is, what are the drawbacks of a 2 piece suit besides the extra $25? The advantages would be being able to only wear part of it, take off the jacket when packing, or when it's hot, etc.

The only disadvantage I could think of is the jacket riding up on you, but is that really an issue? I usually jump in shorts and a long sleeve tshirt, tuck the shirt in and don't have a problem.

Do the 1piece and 2 piece styles fly differently?

Premier PhreeZone  (D License)
Sep 12, 2002, 12:52 PM
Post #2 of 4 (893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PhillyKev] 2 Piece FF Suit vs. 1 Piece [In reply to] Can't Post

I love my 2 piece. I havea camera suit I sit fly in all the time. Thats way more then the normal amount of creep going on with that much drag.The waist band on the 2 piece is about 6 inch spandex all the way around. I've jumped it not tucked into anything and only once did it creap and that because I was hanging on the wings too much. I love the 2 piece system and at the next paycheck I'm getting a Freefly top to match the pants that i bought with the camera top.

I used to have a 1 piece suit but fell in love with the 2 piece after seeing a few people with one on. The only thing on Fireflys is decided how much/if you will be tucking things in or losing/gaining weight. the Closing systems on the pants are either something like Jeans or something like Running pants. Both have plusses and minues.

(This post was edited by PhreeZone on Sep 12, 2002, 3:46 PM)

TALONSKY  (D License)

Sep 12, 2002, 3:20 PM
Post #3 of 4 (859 views)
Shortcut

There really is not any draw backs to a two piece suit. I have a Firefly two piece and the jacket will ride up on a stand, so I just tuck the jacket in the pants. I have never had any problems plus you have the option of taking the jacket off. Oh and if you ever rip the pants you can just get another pair. I would highly recommend a two piece suit.
Later
Kirk

JJohnson  (D 22675)

Sep 16, 2002, 11:37 AM
Post #4 of 4 (777 views)
Shortcut

I got a 2 piece from Da Kine and love it. The only draw back is that I wear the pants more than the top, so eventually the colors will be mis-matched. The pants/top connect by three snaps and do not ride up at all.

JJ

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)