Post #1 of 14 (2763 views)
Shortcut
"copy shortcut" link missing in Firefox Quote | Reply

Well, like the title says, I can't link to a posting using Firefox Unsure

AggieDave  (D License)

Jan 5, 2005, 10:29 AM
Post #2 of 14 (2753 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dragon2] "copy shortcut" link missing in Firefox [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Same in the nearly Firefox, Netscape 7.x world.

dragon2  (D 101989)

Jan 5, 2005, 10:32 AM
Post #3 of 14 (2752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AggieDave] "copy shortcut" link missing in Firefox [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Just found out that anything I do after typing, ie going back and adding a smiley or bold or something, ends up after the entire text. Pretty annoying (but not annoying enough to go back to IE though)

AggieDave  (D License)

Jan 5, 2005, 10:35 AM
Post #4 of 14 (2750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dragon2] "copy shortcut" link missing in Firefox [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's actually been brought up before (I don't think in its own thread, but within a different thread). The same conclusion was reached. "its a quirk with how Nutscrape interpets code, but still not bad enough to go back to IE.

Maxx  (D 9594)

Jul 26, 2005, 11:07 AM
Post #5 of 14 (2687 views)
Shortcut

Quote:
Just found out that anything I do after typing, ie going back and adding a smiley or bold or something, ends up after the entire text. Pretty annoying (but not annoying enough to go back to IE though)

Hi Sangiro,

this problem is very annoying. Can't you do something about that? What exactly is the problem?

Max

ReBirth

Nov 9, 2005, 5:59 PM
Post #6 of 14 (2616 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Maxx] "copy shortcut" link missing in Firefox [In reply to] Quote | Reply

ditto here......both problems annoying.

ernokaikkonen  (D 12)

Mar 2, 2006, 1:49 AM
Post #7 of 14 (2520 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

I used to have the same problem with Opera. Latest version(8.52 for Mac) adds the tags in the middle of the text.Cool

I seem to remember trying to write some code that had the same functionality, but the functions needed for it were not ECMA-script standard functions so FF doesn't implement them. I might be wrong, it was quite a while ago.

Premier skybytch  (D License)

Mar 6, 2006, 2:11 PM
Post #8 of 14 (2500 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Just found out that anything I do after typing, ie going back and adding a smiley or bold or something, ends up after the entire text.

Use markup code instead of using the clickable smileys and buttons and that problem is solved. A way better solution than going back to IE! Laugh

I do miss the "copy shortcut" link though.

Premier NWFlyer  (D 29960)

Mar 31, 2009, 9:23 PM
Post #9 of 14 (2169 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

Looks like that part's now working correctly. Now all we need is the "copy shortcut" link.

theonlyski  (D License)

Jun 15, 2011, 2:36 PM
Post #10 of 14 (1430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] "copy shortcut" link missing in Firefox [In reply to] Quote | Reply

The "Copy Shortcut" link is not even displayed on Firefox because the forum software is seeing your user agent string as a Firefox browser. If it sees an IE string, it will show the "Copy Shortcut' link. (I confirmed this by changing my user agent string in firefox to reflect an IE9 string, and the link showed up) The reason for this is because Firefox (as well as many other browsers) does not allow access to the systems clipboard.

There ARE ways around it, that shouldn't be too hard to pull off, but frankly, I doubt that the site mgmt would even be interested in 'fixing' it.... and it COULD be a security hole, as it requires a shockwave flash file to make it work. (Break out your foil hats)

Too bad I don't have access to the sites' files, as I would probably fix it just because I miss that damn link too!Mad

BrianM  (D 661)

Jun 15, 2011, 3:16 PM
Post #11 of 14 (1424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] "copy shortcut" link missing in Firefox [In reply to] Quote | Reply

No need for flash - it's much simpler than that.

See the last couple lines of my post here: http://www.dropzone.com/...post=4090530#4090530

theonlyski  (D License)

Jun 15, 2011, 3:18 PM
Post #12 of 14 (1420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BrianM] "copy shortcut" link missing in Firefox [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In reply to:
No need for flash - it's much simpler than that.

See the last couple lines of my post here: http://www.dropzone.com/...post=4090530#4090530

That's another way to skin the cat, but... doubtful that it will be implemented.

theonlyski  (D License)

Mar 1, 2012, 7:58 AM
Post #13 of 14 (1279 views)
Shortcut

Fixed. Just right click the shortcut link and hit "Copy Link Location"

Tongue

BrianM  (D 661)

Mar 1, 2012, 9:03 AM
Post #14 of 14 (1266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] "copy shortcut" link missing in Firefox [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In reply to:
Fixed. Just right click the shortcut link and hit "Copy Link Location"

Tongue

Yay!!! Smile

Forums : Dropzone.com : Error and Bug Reports

Search for (options)