Not Happy with moderation as it was 13 / 48%
27 total votes

fedot_2001  (C License)

Mar 1, 2006, 8:24 AM
Post #1 of 16 (3172 views)
Shortcut
Moderation on Russian forum: to Be or not to Be Can't Post

There are two principal purposes for the poll:

First one is to find out how many active members we have here in Russian speaking side of the DZ.com.

Second, is to examine the true attitude of the active members towards the earlier moderation efforts.

To simplify things there are only two choices. Let’s hear what people have to say.

kkuregian  (A 48084)

Mar 1, 2006, 8:43 AM
Post #2 of 16 (3157 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fedot_2001] Moderation on Russian forum: to Be or not to Be [In reply to] Can't Post

We should not make a GLOBAL issue out of this, and resolve everythign in civilized manner. As an active member I prefer no moderation and items below are important to me, even if a decision will be made to have a different moderator.

1) freedom and freeform of speech
2) unless there is a true problem between forum members, moderator should not get involved
3) if a post becomes a chu-chu train its an inconvenience for the forum members only(who in the first place created the big mess), moderator should not close or remove posts in this case.

frost  (D 25011)

Mar 1, 2006, 8:53 AM
Post #3 of 16 (3155 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kkuregian] Moderation on Russian forum: to Be or not to Be [In reply to] Can't Post

Excellent points.

I hate to speak for all, but i think most will agree with me when I say that we are NOT asking for a new moderator. We simply want to be able to communicate with no limits or rules imposed onto to us by an outside party.

I agree that if flaming starts - then the moderator should step in and stop the fight and close the thread. When a post becomes a runaway thread, then just lock it - but no deleting of posts, please.

Kappa  (C 35026)

Mar 1, 2006, 9:16 AM
Post #4 of 16 (3146 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fedot_2001] Moderation on Russian forum: to Be or not to Be [In reply to] Can't Post

I am for freedom and freedom of speech as a basic human rights. Tongue

Partorg  (D 27070)

Mar 1, 2006, 10:09 AM
Post #5 of 16 (3137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kappa] Moderation on Russian forum: to Be or not to Be [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with Karina 100%. Very simple and clean.

vid666  (A 40877)

Mar 1, 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #6 of 16 (3120 views)
Shortcut

not opposed to moderation. That said, I AM quite opposed to what the current moderator (FeFe) has done - tone used to gripe about ones article in SKYDIVING magazine, WHILE NOT SLAMMING ANYBODY - is absolutely no reason to put the moderator hat on. So if moderation can be done like it is on other forums - sure, do it. Otherwise, I do agree with what others have said - there is very few people actively using this forum - and pretty much all of us know each other - So far moderation of this forum has brought nothing but loss of audience. And I blame FeFe's inadequacy in fullfilling his moderation duties ( or rather eagerness to show his power).

my 2 cents or at the current rate 60 kopeks worth

Partorg  (D 27070)

Mar 1, 2006, 4:03 PM
Post #7 of 16 (3095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vid666] Moderation on Russian forum: to Be or not to Be [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilo bi xorosho , esli bi vse kto golosuet za admina ostavlyali na etoj doske neskol'ko slov i svoi Niki , chto bi mi mogli videt' kto eti ludi. Nadeus' po ponyatnim prichinam ?

freeflight  (D License)

Mar 1, 2006, 9:17 PM
Post #8 of 16 (3082 views)
Shortcut

i think that a bonfire comparison illustrates this situation very well. socially inappropriate moderation.

NWPoul  (D 178119)

Mar 1, 2006, 11:39 PM
Post #9 of 16 (3068 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
There are two principal purposes for the poll:

...First one is to find out how many active members we have here in Russian speaking side of the DZ.com.

Then why...т.е. тогда почему он на Аглицком?Wink
Лично у меня с нынешним модератором траблов не было, но я за идею свободного общения:) так что х.з. как голосовать=/ (ага, кстати вспомнил! давно как то ФеФе стер слово ХЗ в моем ответе и сделал замечание что "ХЗ - малосодержательный ответ на конкретный вопрос"Laugh)...
Ладна, прогоолсуем протифф))

sergant  (D 28961)

Mar 2, 2006, 8:45 AM
Post #10 of 16 (3046 views)
Shortcut

Не вижу проблем с текущим модератором.
Ну, разве что "перебор" с литературным словом...

PS. оффтопик не есть хорошо, появилась мысль - создай новую тему. В чем проблемы?

Numb

Mar 2, 2006, 11:25 AM
Post #11 of 16 (3030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sergant] Moderation on Russian forum: to Be or not to Be [In reply to] Can't Post

NU SHTO PROTESTANTI
YA VCHERA POSPESHIL I NAJAL NE TU KNOPKU
VOOBSHEM YA BLYA S VAMI, NO POLUCHILOS V OBRATKU PO OSHIBKE....
lol

KTO NE PERDIT V JENSKOI KOLEKTIVE I NE RUGAETSYA MATOM SREDI DETEI/STARIKOV MOJET BROSIT V MENYA KAMEN

frost  (D 25011)

Mar 2, 2006, 11:45 AM
Post #12 of 16 (3024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Numb] Moderation on Russian forum: to Be or not to Be [In reply to] Can't Post

я пошел искать камень!

А... погоди.... ты сказал кто НЕ пердит... извиняюсь - недопонял

freeflight  (D License)

Mar 4, 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #13 of 16 (2952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sergant] Moderation on Russian forum: to Be or not to Be [In reply to] Can't Post

DOLOJ CENSURU SVOBODNOGO NARODA V KOMUNIKACIONYH TRUBAH SETI!

katzurki

Mar 5, 2006, 3:47 AM
Post #14 of 16 (2950 views)
Shortcut

имхо всё зависит от того, что здесь у нас -- русский бонфайр или русский general skydiving discussion. По-моему -- бонфайр, со всем, что из этого следует, как и во всех остальных интернейшнл форумах (по крайней мере во французском :).

Плюс, наверное, стиль модераторства имеет значение (да-да, вот такой я избалованный и привередливыйTongue).

I guess it all depends on what we have here, a Russian version of the Bonfire, or a Russian General Skydiving Forum. I think we have the Bonfire with all that implies (and it's the same way with the other international fora -- though, granted, I only read the French one).

Besides, I guess moderatorial style also counts (so I am spoiled and picky, sue meTongue)

(This post was edited by katzurki on Mar 5, 2006, 3:53 AM)

tornado  (C 34427)

Mar 11, 2006, 7:15 PM
Post #15 of 16 (2900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [katzurki] Moderation on Russian forum: to Be or not to Be [In reply to] Can't Post

wtf? Is it really big problem? Who cares?
this place is for comunications and fun Wink

katzurki

Mar 19, 2006, 8:02 PM
Post #16 of 16 (2849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tornado] Moderation on Russian forum: to Be or not to Be [In reply to] Can't Post

Naa, I could care less, and do :)

Forums : International : Дропзона.com

Search for (options)