Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
genera

trippin  (A 12345)

Jun 8, 2001, 5:59 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1278 views)
Shortcut
genera Can't Post

anyone have any exp. with this rig ? What do you think ? Looking for my first rig .

afreedman  (D 23535)

Jun 8, 2001, 8:02 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1261 views)
Shortcut
Re: genera [In reply to] Can't Post

The Genera was the first rig I owned. They are very good rigs. First they are inexpensive, second they are well built, third they are based on a proven design by rigging innovations. I am a rigger and packed my Genera for all re-packs and it is a very good rig. If you are looking for a good first rig do not hesitate buying a Genera.

MathmatiC

Jun 9, 2001, 1:34 AM
Post #3 of 7 (1251 views)
Shortcut

I jumped the Genera while on student status. I know my experience is limited, but I was very happy with it. Rigging innovations does a very good job with all of their products. Jim Wallace, my instructor, swears by all of Rigging Innovations products, and he is one of the most experienced jumpers in the world with 16,000+ jumps. However, one thing I would ask for would be the double wide leg pads they offer with their voodoo model. Compared to some of the pricer rigs out their the leg pads seem to be one of the most noticeable areas the Genera is lacking in.

I am not even sure if they offer a choice of leg pads with the genera or not; however, one option is to just suck it up and be a man, or woman, whatever the situation calls for. hehehe

MAthuS

afreedman  (D 23535)

Jun 9, 2001, 9:00 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1223 views)
Shortcut

Yes, I agree completely, order the extra wide leg pads if possible. The standard leg pads are uncomfortable. I jump a custom Javelin which is much more comfortable.

trippin  (A 12345)

Jun 10, 2001, 6:19 AM
Post #5 of 7 (1212 views)
Shortcut

Will check on the leg pads. Would you buy this rig complete ? Or just the container and reserve. The main
chute is a Gen-x I think, havent heard of it before. Thanks for the replies...........mike

skreamer

Jun 10, 2001, 7:03 AM
Post #6 of 7 (1209 views)
Shortcut

Hi trippin

Roy (Rigs 'n Things) is running some specials with Genera containers and selected mains/reserves. Check it out <A HREF="http://www.para-service.com/mp/2catalog.asp?cn=26388&page=9001&pagenumber=" target="_new">here</A>.

His prices are good and so is the service. He is on holiday at the moment though, but will be taking orders again from the 28th of June.

Hope this is of some help.

/s

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Jun 11, 2001, 9:45 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1165 views)
Shortcut

Generas are inexpensive because no options are available. The Genera only comes in one color and it only comes with one width of leg pads. Fortunately the stock Genera leg pads fit my skinny thighs quite nicely. My Talon2 has Genera style leg pads and I even retrofitted Genera style leg pads ot my old Mirage.
If you find the stock Genera leg pads uncomfortable, then ask your friendly local Master Rigger to install wider leg pads. Any decent loft will have a dozen or more old sets of leg pads laying around.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)