Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
fuck ya im getting a great deal offerd help!!!

SkyDivinRyan

Feb 3, 2006, 7:55 PM
Post #1 of 18 (1526 views)
Shortcut
fuck ya im getting a great deal offerd help!!! Can't Post

i just wanted to know if a javelin nj c-18 fit me im 6foot and weight 195 b-12 snaps

Squeak  (E 1313)

Feb 3, 2006, 8:25 PM
Post #2 of 18 (1492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SkyDivinRyan] fuck ya im getting a great deal offerd help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

go to Sunpath.com and ask them

justinb138  (B 28762)

Feb 3, 2006, 8:34 PM
Post #3 of 18 (1478 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SkyDivinRyan] fuck ya im getting a great deal offerd help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
i just wanted to know if a javelin nj c-18 fit me im 6foot and weight 195 b-12 snaps

I'm about 5'7" and weight a little bit more than you do, and found that a C-17 fit me great. I'm thinking the MLW might be a little on the short side for you.

As someone said, give the manufacturer a call (813 782 9242), give them your measurements, and they'll be able to tell you if it should fit.

If possible, try it on to see if it'll work. If you can't do that, see if someone at your DZ has one with the same harness size and try that one on if they'll let ya. If you end up buying something that doesn't fit right, it's not a great deal. Wink

SkyDivinRyan

Feb 3, 2006, 8:35 PM
Post #4 of 18 (1477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Squeak] fuck ya im getting a great deal offerd help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

i did but its taking forever

justinb138  (B 28762)

Feb 3, 2006, 8:41 PM
Post #5 of 18 (1468 views)
Shortcut

I didn't notice the "nj" container size mentioned in your first post. Sunpath lists that container size for a 120 and 120 reserve.

With your jump numbers and exit weight, if you jump those canopies (loaded at 1.6) you will die.

Finish AFF, then worry about gear.

Wink

SkyDivinRyan

Feb 3, 2006, 8:56 PM
Post #6 of 18 (1458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [justinb138] fuck ya im getting a great deal offerd help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks im canadain and there no aff up here lol im at a static line dropzone

justinb138  (B 28762)

Feb 3, 2006, 8:57 PM
Post #7 of 18 (1456 views)
Shortcut

I'm used to all of the DZ's teaching AFF down here. In that case, finish you're training then worry about gear.

Cool

Premier GravityGirl  (D 18897)

Feb 3, 2006, 9:07 PM
Post #8 of 18 (1447 views)
Shortcut

Where are trying to buy this rig from?

It is not appropriate for you, so it's not a good deal at all.

First you need to get through your student progression and see how your canopy flight is going. Then determine which size parachutes you need. We can take a look at your measurements to see what size harness you need for your container.

Then you can go shopping to see what great deals you can find.

uponone  (B 2829)

Feb 3, 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #9 of 18 (1408 views)
Shortcut

Patience young grasshopper.

Floats18  (C 35650)

Feb 3, 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #10 of 18 (1398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [uponone] fuck ya im getting a great deal offerd help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

'das one crazy mo-fo

(that rig is not for you)

CSpenceFLY  (D 25252)

Feb 4, 2006, 6:29 AM
Post #11 of 18 (1288 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Floats18] fuck ya im getting a great deal offerd help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe we can combine this with the death game threadWink

All kidding aside Ryan.It will be a while before you will need a container of that size.

dharma1976  (D 28634)

Feb 4, 2006, 6:46 AM
Post #12 of 18 (1283 views)
Shortcut

it will fit you but then the canopies would be way too small...want to show me where that is so i can buy it :-P

Cheers

Dave

SkyDivinRyan

Feb 7, 2006, 5:07 PM
Post #13 of 18 (974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [uponone] fuck ya im getting a great deal offerd help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

no i know it way to early but i want to se if it was a good deal for down the road . this way i didnt miis this oppritunity

bob.dino  (E 2185)

Feb 7, 2006, 5:14 PM
Post #14 of 18 (967 views)
Shortcut

It's several years too early. By the time you're ready to jump it, you'll want custom-fitted gear in your own colours. Put the money in a bank account and the interest you'll make in the meantime will be of more use.

lisamariewillbe  (A License)

Feb 7, 2006, 5:28 PM
Post #15 of 18 (951 views)
Shortcut

How do you even know its a good deal money wise with 2 jumps and not enough knowledge to realize how long it will take to downsize to even use it?

dharma1976  (D 28634)

Feb 8, 2006, 8:23 AM
Post #16 of 18 (876 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
no i know it way to early but i want to se if it was a good deal for down the road . this way i didnt miis this oppritunity

Dude there will always be good deals...

buy a container that fits you now...and spend that "good deal" money on jumping your ass off.

figure this good deal on an nj with reserve and say a stilletto would be like 1400-1500 thats like 70-75 jumps man...do the jumps man that way you dont get all horny to jump your good deal rig and then break yourself and wind up not jumping man...

Cheers

Dave

SkyDivinRyan

Feb 8, 2006, 8:42 AM
Post #17 of 18 (864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dharma1976] fuck ya im getting a great deal offerd help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks lol i didnt think i was gonna buy it just seeing if it was a good deal or not cheers guys blue skies

Premier Remster  (C License)

Feb 8, 2006, 9:40 AM
Post #18 of 18 (837 views)
Shortcut

Quote:
thanks im canadain and there no aff up here lol im at a static line dropzone

Crazy

I know of 1 or 2 DZs in Canadia that offer PFF (the CSPA version of AFF). Static line, now thats pretty rare in Canada.. You sure you dont mean IAD and Standard progression?

That being said, there is nothing wrong with IADs and standard progression, but, you may want to look at the other options at other DZs close to Toronto.

EDIT: and yeah, take your time on the rig. Its not a great deal for one very good reason: its not appropriate at all for you.

(This post was edited by Remster on Feb 8, 2006, 9:40 AM)

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)